First Cycle - Test E Only

Hi guys my name is Michael and I am a 22 year old Dietetics student based in Melbourne. After much consideration and research I have decided that I would like to head down the path of AAS. I am looking for some feedback on my cycle. I intend to begin a 10 week Test E Only Cycle as of April on a lean bulking diet - more specifically a restricted and progressive increase in calories over time, adding such slowly in order to minimise fat gain and bloat.

I am currently in the process of reverse dieting - currently consuming 240g protein, 70g fat and 200g carbohydrate. I expect these quantities to be far greater by April while restricting fact gain. I am 5’8" hovering around 10% body fat at around 175lb, with around 4 years lifting experience (I am 22 years old).

Here is my proposed cycle - any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am currently looking at Nolva only for the PCT, but have seen many people also add Clomid to such - I am not sure which direction to head in terms of this. I also intend on having Nolva on hand throughout the cycle in case Gyno and other estrogen related sides begin to flare up.

I havn’t really considered HCG as an option although I am not extremely educated on the compound (not too fussed about testicular atrophy) although if anyone has any info they could share on such / recommends I will definitely take it on board and would really appreciate it as I am here to learn as much as I can and want to do this as safely as possible. I’m also curious as to whether Liver & Organ support supplements are necessary on an injectable cycle (keeping in mind diet is healthy and on point and water intake is sufficient)

Weeks 1-10: Test E @ 500mg/week (split bi weekly)
Weeks 1-11: Arimidex @ 0.5mg/EOD
Week 12: Arimidex @ 0.25mg/EOD

Weeks 13-14: Nolvadex @ 40mg/ED
Weeks 15-16: Nolvadex @ 20mg/ED
Weeks 17-18: DAA @ 3g/ED

I intend on drawing with 21G pins and injecting with 25G. Is this suitable or would 23G be a better option?

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

First cycle proposals like these are so rare it almost brings a tear to my eye.

Nolva only PCT is good but i’d extend it an extra 2 weeks (im an advocate of 6 week pct), some people have a bad reaction to clomid and get all emotional and crap like that. Personal choice if you’d like to add it in but it is not vital.

HCG - You can either run it from the start to minimize any atrophy or you can blast it at a higher dose/frequency at the end in order to kickstart your nuts into working again. HCG just like the clomid isnt absolutely vital however most reccomend using HCG if you want to recover natural function to the best of your ability.

Cycle support etc - Milk thistle, Co enzyme q-10, vitamin E, Nettle Root extract, zinc and baby aspirin are my go to supplements on cycle. Not totally neccessary but its better to be on the safe side when a bottle lasts the whole 10 weeks

Everything looks fine. Good layout.

As far as supplementation goes, I don’t use anything. If I did, it would be a TUDCA supplement. The research behind things like milk thistle suggests that the pathways by which steroids affect your liver render milk thistle mostly useless as a supportive supplement. TUDCA is the only liver supplement that seems to be impactful for steroid users.

Baby aspirin isn’t going to hurt, but I doubt you’ll need it unless you’re prone to having high blood pressure. You’re not using any compounds that should substantially raise blood pressure. If you were using dbol as a kickstarter, or higher doses, baby aspirin would be more important. You’re lean and young though. That’s a good starting point in terms of minimizing risks.

Use the 25g needle. There is no benefit to a 23g, other than maybe saving 10 seconds of injection time.

I’m new to these forums and posted my respond in the “fast reply” section - and it didn’t post, but if it does eventually come up I’m sorry for draining it haha

Thank you for the replies!

I havn’t really heard much about a 6 week PCT but I’m assuming it would further minimise estrogen related side effects and hopefully bring back your natural test a little faster & stronger? I’ll have enough Nolvadex on hand (provided I don’t need it through the cycle) so I’ll play it by ear and see if I need to extend the PCT based on how I’m feeling and the sides, would that be ok?

As for the HCG, will not including it mean I will not return to 100% of my natural test or does the HCG simply speed up this process? I want to ensure that following the cycle I don’t have issues related to my rebound.

As for liver and organ support, as well as acne management etc etc I think I will include such - better to be safe than sorry! What is mainly of concern for me is liver related issues as I have had raised liver enzymes (only very slight) in the past (had numerous blood tests) - I’ll look into this TUDCA supplement. Blood pressure and acne I’d also like to monitor more closely. I will be having regular blood work done throughout the cycle.

I’ve found a supplement produced by Rich Piana’s company which combines a lot of necessary ingredients:

I am not falling for the hype, although I feel this may make life easier having it all in one (I’ll still need an acne supplement - don’t want my skin playing up). Would I just be better off grabbing the individual supps mentioned? Also, from a cost perspective?

And I’m very relieved that you suggested the 25G, I’ll definitely be going with that!

[quote]michaeljohnn wrote:
I’m new to these forums and posted my respond in the “fast reply” section - and it didn’t post, but if it does eventually come up I’m sorry for draining it haha

Thank you for the replies!

I havn’t really heard much about a 6 week PCT but I’m assuming it would further minimise estrogen related side effects and hopefully bring back your natural test a little faster & stronger? I’ll have enough Nolvadex on hand (provided I don’t need it through the cycle) so I’ll play it by ear and see if I need to extend the PCT based on how I’m feeling and the sides, would that be ok?

As for the HCG, will not including it mean I will not return to 100% of my natural test or does the HCG simply speed up this process? I want to ensure that following the cycle I don’t have issues related to my rebound.

As for liver and organ support, as well as acne management etc etc I think I will include such - better to be safe than sorry! What is mainly of concern for me is liver related issues as I have had raised liver enzymes (only very slight) in the past (had numerous blood tests) - I’ll look into this TUDCA supplement. Blood pressure and acne I’d also like to monitor more closely. I will be having regular blood work done throughout the cycle.

I’ve found a supplement produced by Rich Piana’s company which combines a lot of necessary ingredients:

I am not falling for the hype, although I feel this may make life easier having it all in one (I’ll still need an acne supplement - don’t want my skin playing up). Would I just be better off grabbing the individual supps mentioned? Also, from a cost perspective?

And I’m very relieved that you suggested the 25G, I’ll definitely be going with that![/quote]

Read this thread. It helped me comprehend PCT and when, why, and how to use HCG.

Thoughts on Planning PCT - Pharma - Forums - T Nation

I did my first cycle at 21, and did a very similar cycle to yours. I added Dbol in as a kickstart though, and wound up running my cycle for 16 weeks, 8 of those weeks being at 750mg of Test E. I decided to use HCG in this cycle, and I was happy with the results. I think it helped me recover faster, and i really had no side effects from it. Everyone is different though. One thing I would say is to just keep an eye on your estrogen. You might want to wait a few weeks before you start your AI, it takes a few weeks for the test to kick in. You dont want to crash your estrogen.

Also, dont expect dramatic changes from these compounds. The only reason I could tell I was on this stuff is because the weight on the scale was going up and so was my strength. I had no increases in aggression or anything like that, which is why for a few weeks I thought my gear was bunk because I didnt have that “on” feeling that people portray in the media. Enjoy your cycle though, I loved mine. I would look into the HCG more though. Its not something that you need, but if you can afford it, why not make recovery a little easier for yourself.

Bump!

So the time had come where I will be commencing this cycle!! I still have a few questions about ongoing cycle support. The basic layout is as stands. I will not be going the HCG route

On hand I have:

• zinc chalate
  • milk thistle
  • coenzyme Q10
  • fish oil ~ my question here, will glucosamine be necessary (joints due to suppressed estrogen) or will high dose fish oil do the job?

Is there anything else completely necessary besides a clean diet & high water consumption?