T Nation

First Cycle: Test E 250mg vs 500mg

I’ve gained 30lbs, on 200mg TRT a week since october. The first 20lbs was in about 3 months with the same bodyfat. I wasn’t trying to gain weight either. It increased naturally while eating the same diet. Some people are more sensitive that others to anabolics.

I’m currently 6’3, 250lbs at 10% bf.

250 at 10% huh? nicely done any pics with that as that is pretty much my goal for my physique

(tawney’s husband Al here)
I don’t know if this will help you, but I was diagnosed to have low test at age 40 by my doctor recently. (due to libito complaints and a blood test he did shortly after) Anyway, He admittedly knew little about TRT so he suggested I find a clinic. I found one online that set me up with testosterone cyp., arimidex and HCG. They suggested 400 per week for the first 10 weeks, then 200 per week for life. (No need to flame me- I found out that 200 was the most I probably needed.) but in the meantime I was on the TRT dose of 400 for 8 weeks. During that 8 weeks I lost about 5% of my bodyfat (down to about 11% from 16%ish) and put on about 10 pounds of muscle from doing nothing other than lifting weights the same way as I always have. My diet stayed mostly the same too. I just cut down on my carbs because of all the reading I’ve been doing on these boards about proper exercise diets(but my regular diet was already pretty solid other than to many carbs.)

(I can show you before and after pictures if you want) But the point is this… I can honestly say (now that I have had both 400 per week and 200 per week in my system) that if you want to build muscles you probably need the 400 or more. This is coming from a guy who has no ajenda, or reason to encourage you to take more than you need. I just know from being on TRT that 400 feels like superman and 200 feels like being a healthy 20 year old again. So from what you are trying to gain, I think you’re missing the mark with the 250 thing. For me, the 200 is a fine TRT dose and I’m happy with it- but I bet that the 250 might dissapoint you if you expect to see big results.

JMO

Al

That’s a super good example Al. I’m kind wondering why they had do hit 400 for a couple months if you were going to be a 200 lifer?

Sorry for the thread hijack

“That’s a super good example Al. I’m kind wondering why they had do hit 400 for a couple months if you were going to be a 200 lifer?”

that’s super good grammar. Do you want me to answer do? or do do just want to crack? LOL :wink:

The answer is that apparently online clinics promote higher TRT doses than most doctors. It’s not the fault of the patient. Save your attitude problem for real life in person comments… you’ll be sure to do it much less if at all.

[quote]tawney wrote:
(tawney’s husband Al here)
I don’t know if this will help you, but I was diagnosed to have low test at age 40 by my doctor recently. (due to libito complaints and a blood test he did shortly after) Anyway, He admittedly knew little about TRT so he suggested I find a clinic. I found one online that set me up with testosterone cyp., arimidex and HCG. They suggested 400 per week for the first 10 weeks, then 200 per week for life. (No need to flame me- I found out that 200 was the most I probably needed.) but in the meantime I was on the TRT dose of 400 for 8 weeks. During that 8 weeks I lost about 5% of my bodyfat (down to about 11% from 16%ish) and put on about 10 pounds of muscle from doing nothing other than lifting weights the same way as I always have. My diet stayed mostly the same too. I just cut down on my carbs because of all the reading I’ve been doing on these boards about proper exercise diets(but my regular diet was already pretty solid other than to many carbs.)

(I can show you before and after pictures if you want) But the point is this… I can honestly say (now that I have had both 400 per week and 200 per week in my system) that if you want to build muscles you probably need the 400 or more. This is coming from a guy who has no ajenda, or reason to encourage you to take more than you need. I just know from being on TRT that 400 feels like superman and 200 feels like being a healthy 20 year old again. So from what you are trying to gain, I think you’re missing the mark with the 250 thing. For me, the 200 is a fine TRT dose and I’m happy with it- but I bet that the 250 might dissapoint you if you expect to see big results.

JMO

Al
[/quote]

Hello AL …my doc just put me on TEST ENANTHATE 200mg’s every other week…he did not talk about HCG nor Arimidex?

[quote]Game_over wrote:
250 at 10% huh? nicely done any pics with that as that is pretty much my goal for my physique[/quote]

I have nothing recent. Before TRT my best stats were 230 at 8% bf, and got up to 238 lbs briefly at around 10%. I had to be much more vigilint with my diet to get up to that level before.

I was eating 300 grams of protein and clean at 230 lbs and around 400 grams of protein to get up to 238. The higher I boost my protein the easier it is to increase my weight. It increases naturally without me trying to eat more.

Now I eat around 250 grams of protein per day to stay around 250 lbs. I don’t like to push my protein too high. As many of you probably know, it tends to give you bad gas.

fightu35 said:
“Hello AL …my doc just put me on TEST ENANTHATE 200mg’s every other week…he did not talk about HCG nor Arimidex?”

From everything I’ve been reading online, that is common. 100-200mg per week is also the norm, more people on 100 than 200 (but the guys with more progressive doctors seem to want the men in the upper healthy ranges around 1000, so they give 200) I guess 100 puts most people around 5-700 from what I’ve read.

As far as arimidex (that’s to keep your estrogen down) there’s lots of info about it on many of the message board threads online (the HRT forums) Most average doctors don’t know alot about HCG OR Arimidex for treating HRT.

You can google Dr. Crisler for his detailed reasons why those 2 medications should be a part of your HRT treatment. If your doc refuses to be open minded about making sure you get the best treatment- well… then find a doctor who is knowledgable about the most current HRT treatments.

The help I got from the clinic was maybe a little bit too good at first, but I found out what I needed to know through research, and I’m squared away ok for now. I don’t know what longterm HRT studies have shown (or if there are any, lol) but if you have a real medical need for therapy you are probably better on it then off. JMO

my doc put me on 200mg’s every other week…will I get any worth while benifit at this much ?

I’m not a doctor or an edocrine system expert, but from what I’ve read- 100 is a dose that will probably give you medium middle aged man levels. (the 500 area) and for some people this is enough to bring back libito and youthful feel… for some the 1000 area is needed. everyone is different, and I suspect it probably has to do with the fact that even at 21 some men were only 5-700 and others were 1000-1200.

So common sense would dictate than a man who never had 1000 would be fine on less, and a man who once was 1200 would only feel that way again with 1200. I suspect that the average 18-21 year old is probably a little closer to a thousand than fivehundred.

The best way for you to answer these questions is to research. There’s plenty of info online already printed. Search it out, read, and LEARN.

Don’t expect your doctor to teach you. He won’t.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

yes- i got bashed a lot online when I was trying to first learn about hrt on these forums. People who knew all the answers(especially a couple of the steroid guys) treat you like a goober for not already knowing, so maybe I’ve gotten a little oversensitive to that.

As far as that post goes- The truth is that sometimes the way a post is written makes us think that someone is cracking on us, because we can’t actually see the person or more important ‘hear’ the way they are saying their comments.

I’m sorry if I mis-interpreted the intent of that post.

Its ok buddy; all is forgiven. But yeah you totally did mis-interpret my intent. I realize I did have the typo, chalk that up to typing at 4am local time I guess. I was merely wondering why they would have you do one dosage and then the next. I was purely curious and nothing else. When I said super good example I meant it. This forum, myself included, is under-educated on TRT/HRT practices.

As Bushy suggested I am [humbly speaking] one of the more educated and cordial gents on this forum though. I don’t know if I’ve ever taken a shot at another member, no matter how noobish or deserving they might have been. My purpose here is to help with information. In your case you seem to possess information in an area I’m lacking. I was merely trying to learn from your experience. All is good though.