T Nation

First Cycle - Sustanon Kickstart

This site is awesome. I've been reading it for over 18 months before registering and have read all the pertinent stickies and tons of relevant posts. Though I can't promise everything got through my thick skull, I have learned a ton already.

I'm 41 years old, lifting for 15 years, just over 6'3 tall, up from skinny but not lean 180 lbs to a husky-muscle 267 lbs (21% bf). Yes, I know ideally I'd be much leaner before going on cycle, but now is the only time I've got three solid months to dedicate 100%, and frankly I prefer a thick powerlifter look (yeah I'm a freak).

My gains were pretty limited in my late 30s due to low testosterone. It was a relief when it finally fell out of normal range and I could get a doctor to do something about it. Cream did nothing, so I've been self-injecting for 18 months, 200 mg/1 x wk test-e for the first year and switched to 200 mg test-cyp weekly due to doctor preference six months ago. I've noticed no difference between the two esters but my well-being and physique have vastly improved since I started TRT.

Here's my cycle:
W 1-3 Sustanon 250mg E3D
W 3-10 Test Enth 250mg E3D
W 11-12 Test Enth 250mg twice a week
W13 - indefinite back to TRT Test Cyp 200mg/wk
W 1-12 Adex 0.25mg EOD (reduce to 0.125mg EOD in last week)

Nolva on hand, just in case. I've also got a bunch of Proviron if that's useful.

I had planned a test-e only cycle initially, but my trainer suggested kickstarting with the Sustanon with the fast-acting test prop since I had a few weeks worth on hand.

I lift heavy 4x/wk, twice with a trainer, walk 40 minutes a day and stationary bike 3x week on top of that.

I'm keeping a food log and shooting for 600g protein daily right now which seemed impossible at first but is getting more in reach. I took in 589 g yesterday. My appetite is off the hook which helps. The bf percentage doesn't lie; I eat all kinds of meat, lean or not, veggies and mostly brown rice, but if I'm starving and want a couple of burgers I don't stress over it since leanness has never been my goal. I never eat fried or snack foods though, that stuff is gross. Ideally I'd like to add 20 reasonably clean lbs since it's my first cycle though my trainer suggests 12-15 is more realistic.

Any suggestions from the many guys on here with a lot more experience and knowledge? Recommendations on transitioning from Sust to test-e, and on stepping down to my regular TRT dose?

I'll post back here once a week with results. After seeing how well my body has responded to TRT, I'm eager to see what a simple cycle can do. I held myself back for 18 months to see where the TRT took me and I believe the time to do this is now.

complete waste of sustanon. If you want to kickstart, use prop.

Thanks Bonez. Am I better off going straight to test-e then? What would be a better use of the sustanon?

If using prop to jump start your cycle, your gonna want to also be injecting your Enth. The prop will get you going, for 3 wks, and then will be out of your system way before the Enth kicks in. Essentially you will have your test levels elevated for weeks 1-3 and then not again really until week 5. If you start injecting Enth from day one it will be taking off just as you are clearing your prop, which is essentially the point of a jump start.

Bonez can elaborate much more on the sust, but I believe he means its a waist because of all the long esters in sust. Ya the prop will get you going but the majority of the mg of test is going to take longer to increase blood levels, because they are slower (longer esters) like cyp and enth. You will get a little jump start but all of that can be attributed to the prop. So....why not inject just prop.

also, if you do run the sust, eod injections are because of the prop.

If you have both available, simply choose the test E every single time.

There is no typical situation I can think of where test E is less desireble to have than sustanon.