First Cycle Results, Thoughts and Lessons

I decided to put this experience out there mostly for those looking to see results others had on a fairly basic beginner’s cycle. Before I started my cycle I scoured the internet forums looking for results with the cycle I planned and only found a few. I didn’t want to do a log because it’s a basic cycle and I am not good with keeping up with updates.

First a little background:

I’m 35 and have been in and out of the gym for 20 years. Usually in the gym consistently in the late fall through the early spring and faulter as activities/sports ramp up in the summer. I did much better in my 20’s than my 30’s. However the last couple years I’ve been a gym floor regular.

I have been researching AAS since I was in my early 20’s but never took the plunge because I wasn’t ready, the thought of injections freaked me out and trying to find them seemed like a dark art. In my early 20’s I did do some 4 week M1T/4AD cycles (when they were legal) and always had great results, followed with a standard Nolva PCT. It was easy, cheap and worked.

This year I decided to take the plunge and ordered, online, some Test E and Dbol; enough for a few cycles along with Winstrol for the future. After continued research I decided to K.I.S.S. and run a 10 week 500mg/week Test E cycle with 20mg of dbol every day for the first 40 days. I ended up extending my cycle to 11 weeks solely because my wedding anniversary was near when I planned to start PCT and I didn’t want to risk not being able to give it to her good. The extra week was worth it cause the sex was fantastic.

I trained 7 days a week and only took a day off when absolutely necessary; focusing on hypertrophy. I trained on a 5 day split:
Day 1: Legs & Calves
Day 2: Chest & Abs
Day 3: Back
Day 4: Shoulders & Calves
Day 5: Arms & Abs

Each day started out with 10 minutes on the stairmaster to get warmed up along with an appropriate warm up for the targeted muscle groups.

I kept a log of my lifts, food and measurements religiously. I also monitored my blood pressure regularly.

Starting stats:
Height: 6’2"
Weight: 208.4 lbs
Bodyfat: 16.9% (according to my scale, calipers/tape usually measure lower)
Waist: 35.5"
Chest: 45.25"
Arms: 16.25"
Quads: 24.5"
Calves: 15.5"
Bench Press: 225 lbs for 1
Squat: 315 lbs for 1
Deadlift: 455 lbs for 1 w/straps

Ending stats:
Height: 6’2"
Weight: 242.9 lbs (+34.5 lbs)
Bodyfat: 19% (+2.1%)
Waist: 38.5" (+3")
Chest: 48.875" (+3.625")
Arms: 18" (+1.75")
Quads: 27.25" (+2.75")
Calves: 16.5" (+1")
Bench Press: 250 for 4 (didn’t test 1RM)
Squat: 405 for 1
Deadlift: 500 for 1, no straps! I probably could’ve improved this if I had trained deadlift during the cycle.

Taking into account bodyfat % I (supposedly) added 20.6 lbs of lean mass. Which means I also added about 14 lbs of fat :confused:.

Adverse side effects noticed: acne, especially on shoulders… that is all.

Proverse side effects: aside of added size and strength, increased libido, enhance erections and ejaculations in both volume and force. My wife loved this.

I did not notice any appreciable testicular atrophy.

Lessons learned: I ate too much. There was a 3 week stretch (weeks 6 through 8) where I made no progress in terms of size or strength and I remedied that by increasing my caloric intake dramatically and while I did start gaining again, thats where I started packing on the chub. I was “chasing the dragon” so to speak and next time I need to be more mindful and patient. To be truthful, I had already nearly reached my weight goal by week 6 anyways.

Things I would’ve done differently in retrospect: nix the dbol, so I could see how my body reacted to test only. Be more patient with gains and more conservative with my caloric increase mid cycle. I should have also had labs taken before, I will have them taken after PCT.

All in all this experience has been fantastic. I reached and in some cases exceeded my goals. Now the question is: how much was water & how much can I hold on to?

The future: after PCT is complete I’ll be doing a short cut to get my bodyfat back down. I’m looking to do another cycle starting in May; I will forgo the dbol and add Winstrol to the end. I would like to keep fat gains to a minimum but increase strength in preparation for a possible powerlifting meet.

TL;DR I did a beginner cycle, got great results, ate too much.

It’s hard to see the gains in pictures through all the chub

Hello there!

I need to ask you something about my first cycle: I’m going to run sustanon 250/every 5th day for about 12 weeks and 50 mg Anavar + 50 mg Proviron / daily for the same period! Do I need any AI or Tamoxifen on the road? And what is the proper PCT?

I’m 43 years old and I have been lifting for 17 years. I think I’ve got my plateau. Any piece of advice!

Thank you

Your gonna want to run sus EOD or E3D.

I would not reccomend running an oral like anavar for 12 that is a bad idea for your health. Keep it to 4-8 weeks

Have an AI on hand altho i doubt you will need it

Pct-nolva 40/40/20/20

Thx man. It makes sense with the orals. I’ll keep it just for 8 weeks. Any hgc in pct?

My opinion is to pass on the sustanon and stick with Test E or C @ 250mg 2x/wk; no orals.

IMO hcg is not needed for a cycle. Some people use it to keep thier nuts plump during cycle, some people have a tricky pct protocol for it. Im a fan of keeping it simple. Juice and then pct and repeat

Just found this old thread via Google search but I must just comment based on the result, your gear were 110% bunk. No way you didn’t made any changes regarding body or reducing body fat.

You also didn’t had plan neither taking bloodwork before, during your cycle. And also taking oral steroids while it’s your first test cycle, it’s the dumbest one can do.

Should run the Dbol, or any oral for that matter, in the weeks leading up to the meet. They’re produced in order to gain strength rapidly (and work well, too) which is what you want during your peak.

Running Dbol in the offseason is a good idea, but you need to be mindful of your diet in particular as it can cause you to bloat real bad.