First Cycle - Questions and Opinions

Hello there T-Nation,

I’ve been lurking these forums for a while now and i’ve learned alot concerning training and dieting but right now i’m thinking about starting my first cycle.

I’m 27 years old, 5’7’‘, 165lbs. I’ve been training for about 4 years but the first 2 years were pretty inconsistent. I’m looking to bulk and put on 25 to 30 pounds. I know ive not yet reached my full natural potential but what im looking for is to reach my actual objectives in the least amount of time. My genetics have never been great (i’ve always been skinny and small all my life). I reached adulthood at about 5’7’’ and 130lb and always struggled to put on weight (specially muscle). I’m at about 10-11% BF.

Now, onto the cycle itself. I’m going to do a test-e cycle with 4 weeks of D-Bol thrown in there (if i can get my hands on it). The overall plan would look something like this:

W 1-10 Test-E (250mg/wk, pin Mon and Thu)
W 3-6 D-Bol (10mg 3x/day)
W 1-12 Nolvadex 10mg/day
W 1-10 250IU HCG (2x/week)

PCT:

W 13 Clomid 50mg 2x/day
W 14-16 Clomid 25mg/day

First of all, i would like to ask if the cycle looks good and/or what could be changed for the better? I’m particularly concerned about the Test dosage, since i’ve read in some places that 250mg/w is more than enough for a first cycle and some people defend that 250mg would be just for TRT and an actual cycle should start at 500mg/w and i feel kind of overwhelmed of what i should be doing. An alternative would be to pin 125mg E3D which would make it a little over 250mg/week.

I also read a while ago that you can take the 30mg of D-Bol in training days just before training. They say its gonna help you train and will promote protein synthesis. Not sure how much of it is true and how much of it is placebo and/or broscience. Has anyone ever tried it like that?

Other than that, i feel like frontloading would be a good idea. Do you believe frontloading the first week and shrinking the cycle duration to 8 weeks would be beneficial? Something like this:

W1 Test-E 500mg (250mg Mon + 250mg Thu)
W 2-8 Test-E (250mg/wk, pin Mon and Thu)
W 3-6 D-Bol (10mg 3x/day)
W 1-8 Nolvadex 10mg/day
W 1-8 250IU HCG (2x/week)

PCT would start at week 11. Does it look good?

Another Q would be related to the test taper. Instead of going for a “normal” PCT, i would do a taper like this:

W 11(9)-12(10) Off
W 13(11)-14(12) Test-E 40mg (mon/thu)
W 15(13)-16(14) Test-E 30mg (mon/thu)
W 17(15)-18(16) Test-E 20mg (mon/thu)
W 19(17)-20(18) Test-E 10mg (mon/thu)

This might be a really conservative taper protocol or i might be doing it totally wrong. What do you guys think?

I would like to thank you guys in advance for your input and for the time you spend reading this post, any help would be very appreciated.

Cheers!