T Nation

First Cycle (Please Review & Advise)

Hey guys,

New to the forum but not new to lifting. I’m going to be running Test C and Var for my first cycle and would appreciate any input!

Stats are - 24 years old, 205-210 lbs and 12-14% bf. I’ve been lifting for 6 years and looking to cross to the dark side :smiling_imp::smiling_imp: I’ve wrote up a cycle that I think (to the best of my knowledge) will be sufficient for my first cycle. My goal with this is to pack on some lean mass while hopefully dropping bf %, I would like to see 10-12% and maybe add 10-15 lbs of lean mass.

Macros will be 330P/100F/150-170C

Wk 1-4 Test C @ 500mgs a week (250mgs split Tues/Thurs) and Var @ 50mgs ED
Wk 5-10 Test C @ 500mgs a week (250mgs split Tues/Thurs)
Wk 10-14 Test C @ 500mgs a week (250mgs split Tues/Thurs) and Var @ 50mgs ED
Wk 1-14: .25mg Armidex every other day

Milk thistle for liver support and shooting to drink 1 - 1.5 gallons of water every day.

Week 16 - 20 PCT w/ Nolvadex @ 20/20/20/10

I’ve seen other cycles where HCG was recommended, should I be looking into this?

Please any input on recommended dosages, compounds, pct etc. would be much appreciated.

Looks fine. Personally I’d run a longer PCT though.

Running hCG throughout your cycle is always recommended.

This is a long cycle, especially for a first timer. hCG and a longer PCT will probably make your recovery a lot easier.

Ok so I did a bit more research on HCG and it’s something that I certainly want to bring into the cycle to help keep my natural test flowing and help make recovery a bit easier.

Cycle will look like the following ;

Wk 1-4 Test C @ 500mgs a week (250mgs split Tues/Thurs) and Var @ 50mgs ED
Wk 5-10 Test C @ 500mgs a week (250mgs split Tues/Thurs)
Wk 10-14 Test C @ 500mgs a week (250mgs split Tues/Thurs) and Var @ 50mgs ED

Wk 10-14 Hcg 500iu (250iu split Tues/Thurs)

Wk 1-16: .25mg Armidex every other day

Wk 16 - 20 PCT w/ Nolvadex @ 20/20/20/20/10

Milk thistle for liver support and shooting to drink 1 - 1.5 gallons of water every day.

So we’ve introduced another week of pct at 20mg a day on nolva and introduced Hcg the last 4 weeks of the cycle to help jump start the natural production of test I’m also thinking about extending armidex to the beginning of pct to combat the estrogen the Hcg will convert, am I correct in thinking this? Will my thought on when to introduce Hcg be enough or should I run it the whole cycle ? Is my extra week of nolva sufficient for pct?

Thanks for all the help

It’s best to run hCG throughout weeks 1-14 at 250iu 3x per week and run an 8 week PCT at 20mg of Nolvadex ED but this is better than where you starter.

Yes you should continue adex until you start PCT but you can taper down at the end as your test level drops.

Juggs I appreciate all the help!

With the half life of HCG being 36 hours and dosing 250iu 3x a week I’m assuming the protocol would be M/W/F am i correct in thinking this?

Also we’ll up the PCT to 8 weeks w/ 20mg of Nolva ED and taper the adex towards the beginning of PCT.