T Nation

First Cycle PCT Advice

I am currently on my first cycle. After having read about steroids for probably 9 years on and of and training for 7 of those years I decided to do a standard 14 weeks 500mg/w test e cycle. Nothing to fancy. Just a simple cycle to test the waters
But a few days ago I found this board and now Im abit uncertain about how to do my pct. On the other boards I have been reading on, they often recommend both nolvaldex, clomid and hcg in pct.

But here I see people saying
"HCG is suppressive is why you use it during cycle and not pct. It is also redundant to use clomid and nolva together."

I got all 3, so what do you guys recommend me to do? Just a simple nolva pct?

Yeah HCG is no good during pct and i have also read alot about Nolva and Clomid being pointless together (not 100% on it though). Id just run Nolva 40/40/20/20/20. hcg can be used throughout cycle or blast at the end before pct, 250 IU 2x weekly through out, but you dont really need it.

Good thread on pct

You have misunderstood. This is what a pct looks like with all 3.

HCG @2000iu EOD for 8 shots or until balls regain function
with nolva@20mg ED

Followed by:

Clomid 100/100/100/50/50
Nolva 20/20/20/20/20

Hcg is started after your last shot so it is being used during the 2 week period while substances are clearing your system. The nolva is for estrogen control. You can replace it with aromasin while using hcg.

Clomid is the main SERM used to expediate HPTA recovery in such a protocol.