First Cycle & Knee Rehab

Hey guys,
I was recently liberated from my own personal biases regarding steroids, that being said, I just need one question answered before I can make some decisions in regards to my first cycle. I have taken about 6 months off from any sort of appreciable training due to a bad knee, and have finally come to grips with doing what is necessary to fix the problem instead of avoiding it; i.e. surgery.

Which brings me to my question; can I still follow the cycle guides outlined in the stickies for first-timers or should my first cycle look quite different from that since it will also be a rehab cycle? In other words, do I need to scour the internet for more info about a rehab cycle, or is my answer already in the stickies for newbie cycles?

I found a related thread when I performed a search, but the main difference being that it wasnt the guys first cycle.

So far I haven’t been able to procure anything for my rehab so I can’t ask specifics on any certain compounds yet. This is quite sad considering all the years my friends were using them I wasn’t interested and now none of them can find it for me. I hear its more difficult these days. I guess the feds dont have anything better to do than crack down on steroids and question athletes. /rolleyes

I thought I would at least get a tl/dr =p

Reading it again it does seem to be an overly long post for a simple question.

In short, can I follow the newbie cycle guide for the purpose of post-op knee rehab or do I need to look elsewhere for a good rehab cycle?

AAS diminishes collagen remodeling response to “Rehab”. So it’s best to wait until previous strength/ stability status is acheived. Besides, how are you going to get the most bang out of you proverbial AAS buck if you cant train hard because of an injury?

Thanks for replying. I was of the understanding that athletes used steroids to speed up recovery from injuries and I was looking to do the same. I didnt know about the diminished collagen response.

I wasnt really looking to achieve increased performance from the AAS, just faster recovery, which caused me to ask the question about whether to follow a similar cycle to the one laid out in the stickies or something completely different for rehab.

[quote]Bondslave wrote:
Thanks for replying. I was of the understanding that athletes used steroids to speed up recovery from injuries and I was looking to do the same. I didnt know about the diminished collagen response.

I wasnt really looking to achieve increased performance from the AAS, just faster recovery, which caused me to ask the question about whether to follow a similar cycle to the one layed out in the stickies or something completely different for rehab.[/quote]

I haven’t used yet but have some good research. I’d say to look into Growth Hormone and the other peptides. Some people use them to recover from injuries faster. Due to the fact I haven’t yet used I could be wrong and I can’t offer much advice from here. A vet on the site might be able to chime in tho.

Good luck

DG