First Cycle: Is It Worth It or Not?

Hi, I’m new here. I’m a dutch man, 39 years old and been lifting weights for about 20 years off and on.

I’ve done a lot of bulk and cuts. Right about now I am in a cut. At the end of my cut in about 5 weeks I will be around 10% bodyfat and I am thinking about doing my first cycle at that point. At 10% I usually feel (and am) pretty small and flat but with my shirt off I actually look more muscular.

I have test and nolva in my posession. I wanted to go for it last year, but wasn’t quite ready for it.

I’ve done a lot of research. The thing that keeps holding me back is the shutdown of own production. I had my blood checked and my test right now is 20 nmol/l. Thats 576.84 ng/dl. Not bad for my age but I have a pretty healthy lifestyle. None of the less I feel building muscle at my age gets harder and harder the older I get.

Long story short: is it worth it? I realize that if I go this route I probably end up doing trt and thats no problem if its worth it. But is it?

Only one cycle doesnt make sense to me unless your doing some sort of photoshoot or if you’re an athlete or actor or something. But I’m none of those so if I like it I probably keep going. That means trt eventually and injecting testosterone for the rest of my life. Thats a big decision…

On the other hand, maybe my life would be a lot better with higher test levels and a blast every now and then.

Is it worth it? If you look back knowing what you know now, would you do it again?

I probably don’t have a typical opinion for this site.
But my position is if you don’t plan to compete athletically (power/weight lifting or bodybuilding) don’t use AAS.

Disclaimer: I did compete and used a lot of AAS’s for many years. I am now on TRT, but don’t mind so.

1 Like

It’s worth it if you can accept that you may need to be on TRT when all is said and done. That’s a risk at your age and if you’re ok with that then go for it. If you’re not ok with that potential outcome then it would seem you have your answer.

1 Like

Hell Yes! I’m 55 and my quality of life has improved 1000%. No regrets and no problems with the concept of a lifetime of pinning.

2 Likes

IMO nope. Unless you were married to the needle already, IE TRT, then definite no. I wish I didn’t have secondary hypo especially at my age which is the same as yours. You have healthy natural levels. Don’t mess with them.

As a second thought, I would like to share what has happened to me. I cycle I gain… I stop I lose. Point being you may or may not keep some of you gains but you WILL screw with you HPTA.

Summary wait until you are older and hop on TRT. Then if you want to blast test go for it.

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat. If you need trt, throw in a blast here and there, if not, and natural production is good, stay natty.

1 Like

I understand. But would YOU do it again if you had the choice again? Assuming that you did a lot of AAS and are on trt.

I got on trt first, so my situation was not similar to yours.

How is cardiovascular health? Did you ever touch the ‘extreme’ substances like trenbolone, Clenbuterol, ephedrine/amphetamines, T3 etc

Had I known what I know now I would’ve never gotten into bodybuilding/picked a different form of exercise. It’s a cynical, narcissistic sport rifle with body dysmorphia.

The day you start lifting is the day you remain forever small dammit.

2 Likes

Well said.

I suppose my cardiovascular health is okay. I have low cholesterol numbers and a low ratio.

• Triglycerides: 65 mg/dL
  • Total Cholesterol: 164 mg/dL
  • HDL Cholesterol: 56 mg/dL
  • LDL/HDLC Ratio: 1.7

That said I have had very high exposure to asbestos for about 6 months in early 1970’s. Most everyone who worked with me and smoked has died.

I used most every type of AAS available during the '70’s, '80’s, and '90’s. Yes to trenbolone. Clenbuterol was a must have four weeks out of a show. I was one of the early GH users (pre-synthetic GH). I did ephedrine a few years during my 40’s. I never did amphetamines apart from powerlifting meets (black beauties). I never used any thyroid drugs. We thought if you started them you put your natural production in jeopardy.

I cycled to completely off everything for at least 4 weeks. Never exceeded 12 weeks on, and usually did 8 to 10 weeks on.

1 Like

I’d stipulate it’s plausible you have fantastic genetics… I mean shit… Thirty YEARS of AAS use!!

1 Like

You’ve been starting out young unreal, I think you can shatter that number haha