T Nation

First Cycle Critique

Hi guys! This is my first post on this site, however I have been an avid reader for a year or two. I appreciate all of the info available on here.

I am planning my first cycle for this fall. I’ve been lifting for years and gains are hard to come by the older I get. I finally feel ready for a cycle.

Week 1-12: Test Enanth 250mg twice a week
Week 1-14: Adex 0.25mg E3D or EOD, increase if needed. Taper to 0.125mg EOD during week 14.

PCT:
Week 15: Nolva 20mg 2x/day
Week 16-18: Nolva 20mg/day

I know it is a simple cycle but any feedback you can give would be greatly appreciated. I am paranoid about gyno and want to run Adex from the beginning but am not sure if I should run 0.25mg E3D or EOD to start. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your critique and guidance!

.25 EOD of adex from midway though week two and I wouldn’t even bother with the second dose of nolva everyday on week 15.

A few other guys I know like to take extra nolva on the fist two days of start of their nolva. Like 80 mg day one, 60 day two and then 20/mg/day after that.

I really don’t think that nolva alone is enough to get you back kicking after 14 weeks of juice but it may work for you…it didn’t work that well for me though.

personally if this was my first I would run a shorter cycle (8-10 weeks). you should see plenty of gains in that time frame.

Looks nice and sensible!
My thoughts on it are as follows:

~12 weeks of Test is usually arbitary. Most Test E is going to be 250mg/ml or 300mg/ml so dividing the cycle into the vials would be 2 vials = 10 weeks or 3 vials = 15 weeks. I would think that way unless there is a specific reason for the 12 weeks.

~.25mg EOD is good and really ED would not
lower estrogen too much, getting under .25mg EOD and you really aren’t getting any effect.

~No point in running the Nolvadex above 20mg unless you are using it for gyno control, which is not a big concern 3 weeks post cycle when you have controlled estrogen the whole time and tapered off into PCT.

~I would probably plan on running the nolvadex for 6 weeks to offer recovery support while the exogenous levels are leaving plus some. I believe it is enough, as I believe that your body will achieve homeostatis even whithout it as long as the transition into PCT/taper was done right, as far as transitioning into PCT you are thinking about it right.

Good luck and enjoy

[quote]FuriousGeorge wrote:
I really don’t think that nolva alone is enough to get you back kicking after 14 weeks of juice but it may work for you…it didn’t work that well for me though.

personally if this was my first I would run a shorter cycle (8-10 weeks). you should see plenty of gains in that time frame.[/quote]

The cycle includes 12 weeks of test and it is exactly two vials at 300mg/ml. Do you think 12 weeks is too long?

[quote]LillGuy001 wrote:
.25 EOD of adex from midway though week two and I wouldn’t even bother with the second dose of nolva everyday on week 15.

A few other guys I know like to take extra nolva on the fist two days of start of their nolva. Like 80 mg day one, 60 day two and then 20/mg/day after that.[/quote]

Thanks for help with the details. I’ll give that some serious consideration.

[quote]TheBeat2 wrote:
Looks nice and sensible!
My thoughts on it are as follows:

~12 weeks of Test is usually arbitary. Most Test E is going to be 250mg/ml or 300mg/ml so dividing the cycle into the vials would be 2 vials = 10 weeks or 3 vials = 15 weeks. I would think that way unless there is a specific reason for the 12 weeks.

~.25mg EOD is good and really ED would not
lower estrogen too much, getting under .25mg EOD and you really aren’t getting any effect.

~No point in running the Nolvadex above 20mg unless you are using it for gyno control, which is not a big concern 3 weeks post cycle when you have controlled estrogen the whole time and tapered off into PCT.

~I would probably plan on running the nolvadex for 6 weeks to offer recovery support while the exogenous levels are leaving plus some. I believe it is enough, as I believe that your body will achieve homeostatis even whithout it as long as the transition into PCT/taper was done right, as far as transitioning into PCT you are thinking about it right.

Good luck and enjoy
[/quote]

Thanks for the input!

The vials are 300mg/ml so 12 weeks is two vials worth.

So to clarify your last thought, you think I should run nolva for 6 weeks to be potentially better off but it may not be necessary because I’m tapering adex up to pct? If that is the case I’ll run it the 6 weeks.