T Nation

First Cycle Comments and Advice

whatsup guys, Im 20 years old, weigh 230 pounds, and I just completed a musclepharm soy protein 10 week cycle.

bench went from 300-350+, squat 395-450+, and my pull went from 500 to a solid 600 during my cycle. tried to critique these max effort lifts as if i was on the platform so these numbers are honest. i play college soccer, but powerlifting is definitely something i will get into down the road.

so i am feeding myself as much info as i can before i start handling heavy weight. I gained about 15lbs of size.

I lifted sunday and thursday/500. i didn't stack it with anything as this was my first real lift. I kept the weight low so I can fully understand the power of these lifts. needless to say, the gains were significant. For the finisher I just am using rows (starting 2 weeks after my last bench set). i started cleans around week 7 because my wrists hurt.

as far as cardio goes, in addition to high protein intake and clomids is there anything else i can be doing to keep as much gains as possible?

guys, if your going to reply to this post with anything other then constructive criticism, go be a tough guy on another thread. i don't play those games. I'm young and I'm learning and i don't need some meathead behind a computer saying some meaningless garbage. any useful information is appreciated.

You’re on the wrong forum buddy… this is testosterone replacement forum.

Also, I sure hope you get caught… pretty fucked up running cycles while playing/training college ball or any contact sport.

Why would you want him to get caught? Most college/pros are on the stuff. Don’t be a dick.

[quote]acfixerdude wrote:
You’re on the wrong forum buddy… this is testosterone replacement forum.

Also, I sure hope you get caught… pretty fucked up running cycles while playing/training college ball or any contact sport.[/quote]

you seem like an idiot

[quote]joeza92 wrote:
i play college football right now (defense baby), but powerlifting is definitely something i will get into down the road.

guys, if your going to reply to this post with anything other then constructive criticism, go be a tough guy on another thread. i don’t play those games. I’m young and I’m learning and i don’t need some meathead behind a computer saying some meaningless garbage. any useful information is appreciated. [/quote]

I’ll preface this by saying that I played Division III football and had a relatively successful career on that level. My alma mater recently named an “all-star” team to commemorate our 25th year playing in our current conference and I was on it, for what that’s worth. I say this not solely to toot my horn, but to establish my bona fides as a (relatively) successful collegiate athlete for context.

I’ve had this discussion before on these forums, and I respect the opinions of certain posters while disagreeing vehemently.

I have come around to a stance on steroids that is effectively neutral towards their use - in arenas where they are not explicitly banned for competition’s sake. Someone like flipcollar, Yogi, Bauber, eatliftsleep, and the other regulars here - guys that are using AAS for their own physique and strength development - that’s their business and I’m cool with it. I assume, from what I’ve read of those guys, that if they were to step on stage/platform, they will be doing it in an untested events where PED’s are not banned.

But my “constructive criticism” for you is that steroids are banned by the NCAA, and that if I were a teammate, coach, or opponent of yours, I would be quite upset with you.

I have previously gotten replies slightly more sophisticated than nooberific’s that essentially carried the same message: “Don’t be such a pansy, all the pros and most of the college guys are on it.” We discussed that at some length in a previous thread. I am of similar mind to Dave Tate on this: AAS is not a miracle, but it’s an ace card that you can flip one time to take you up one level. If you’re a borderline pro prospect and this might be the difference between you making it vs. not making it, while I still disagree with the decision to use AAS, I would understand.

It is indeed likely that a large percentage of NFL and Division I football players are using. The lure of a couple million bucks and the big show…that’s hard to pass up. I freely admit that I was never even close to that position (and it makes me laugh SO hard mentally when a polite friend or acquaintance will learn that I played college football and ask if I considered playing professionally, as though I had any choice in the matter as a 5’11" and 240 pound offensive tackle).

But I digress. If you’re playing Division 2 or Division 3 ball and you’re doing this to win a starting spot over one of your teammates so you feel like your dick is bigger and you can steal his girlfriend, frankly, fuck you. There probably are a handful of guys on most D2 and D3 teams using. OK. Fuck them, too, in my mind.

I stand by my stance that, were I to learn that a specific teammate was on juice (at my school I am guessing the number was very small, but probably > 0) that would have significantly decreased my respect for that teammate.

Chances are that you will not be caught. I am not 100 percent familiar with TODAY’s drug testing protocols for smaller schools but I do know that when I was playing, the only time anyone on our team was ever tested for PED’s was the year we made the playoffs, and it was a random sample of about 15 guys from our 52-man playoff roster.

So you’ll probably get away with it. I hope it’s worth it to you, but for the sake of your teammates who are clean, fuck you.

**Edited to add: I admit that I probably shouldn’t even venture into these threads. The steroids forum should not really be my place. But when I read something from a college football player, it just gnaws at me because I was one myself.

[quote]ActivitiesGuy wrote:

[quote]joeza92 wrote:
i play college football right now (defense baby), but powerlifting is definitely something i will get into down the road.

guys, if your going to reply to this post with anything other then constructive criticism, go be a tough guy on another thread. i don’t play those games. I’m young and I’m learning and i don’t need some meathead behind a computer saying some meaningless garbage. any useful information is appreciated. [/quote]

I’ll preface this by saying that I played Division III football and had a relatively successful career on that level. My alma mater recently named an “all-star” team to commemorate our 25th year playing in our current conference and I was on it, for what that’s worth. I say this not solely to toot my horn, but to establish my bona fides as a (relatively) successful collegiate athlete for context.

I’ve had this discussion before on these forums, and I respect the opinions of certain posters while disagreeing vehemently.

I have come around to a stance on steroids that is effectively neutral towards their use - in arenas where they are not explicitly banned for competition’s sake. Someone like flipcollar, Yogi, Bauber, eatliftsleep, and the other regulars here - guys that are using AAS for their own physique and strength development - that’s their business and I’m cool with it. I assume, from what I’ve read of those guys, that if they were to step on stage/platform, they will be doing it in an untested events where PED’s are not banned.

But my “constructive criticism” for you is that steroids are banned by the NCAA, and that if I were a teammate, coach, or opponent of yours, I would be quite upset with you.

I have previously gotten replies slightly more sophisticated than nooberific’s that essentially carried the same message: “Don’t be such a pansy, all the pros and most of the college guys are on it.” We discussed that at some length in a previous thread. I am of similar mind to Dave Tate on this: AAS is not a miracle, but it’s an ace card that you can flip one time to take you up one level. If you’re a borderline pro prospect and this might be the difference between you making it vs. not making it, while I still disagree with the decision to use AAS, I would understand.

It is indeed likely that a large percentage of NFL and Division I football players are using. The lure of a couple million bucks and the big show…that’s hard to pass up. I freely admit that I was never even close to that position (and it makes me laugh SO hard mentally when a polite friend or acquaintance will learn that I played college football and ask if I considered playing professionally, as though I had any choice in the matter as a 5’11" and 240 pound offensive tackle).

But I digress. If you’re playing Division 2 or Division 3 ball and you’re doing this to win a starting spot over one of your teammates so you feel like your dick is bigger and you can steal his girlfriend, frankly, fuck you. There probably are a handful of guys on most D2 and D3 teams using. OK. Fuck them, too, in my mind.

I stand by my stance that, were I to learn that a specific teammate was on juice (at my school I am guessing the number was very small, but probably > 0) that would have significantly decreased my respect for that teammate.

Chances are that you will not be caught. I am not 100 percent familiar with TODAY’s drug testing protocols for smaller schools but I do know that when I was playing, the only time anyone on our team was ever tested for PED’s was the year we made the playoffs, and it was a random sample of about 15 guys from our 52-man playoff roster.

So you’ll probably get away with it. I hope it’s worth it to you, but for the sake of your teammates who are clean, fuck you.

**Edited to add: I admit that I probably shouldn’t even venture into these threads. The steroids forum should not really be my place. But when I read something from a college football player, it just gnaws at me because I was one myself.[/quote]

ill take your opinion into consideration, thank you. does anybody have anything useful to say?

you might have been ok with settling at your skill level but I have my whole life to build my physique and body but i have 2 years left to eat quarterbacks.

Quarterbacks? Pft…

I eat green berets for breakfast.

[quote]dt79 wrote:
Quarterbacks? Pft…

I eat green berets for breakfast.[/quote]

an right now I’m verr hungry