First Cycle. 6 Week Bloodwork Report, Some High Levels

Hey guys, thanks for taking the time to take a look at this. This is my first TEST cycle, I’m 42 years old, 5’10, 203 LBS. I have been taking 250mg Test C/week pinned twice at 125mg on Sunday, and 125mg on Thursday.

The Estradiol level and Test levels seem way off, but maybe this is normal when running a cycle like this?

I just want an honest interpretation of this blood work. Are the numbers too high or too low for a first cycle?

Hematology

WBC 7.9 - - - 4.0-10.0 - - - 109/L
RBC 4.76 - - - 4.20-5.40 - - - 10
12/L
Hemoglobin 143 - - - 135-170g/L
Hematocrit 0.42 - - - 0.40-0.50L/L
MCV 89 - - - 82-98fl
MCH 30.0 - - - 27.5-33.5pg
MCHC 338 - - - 300-370g/L
RDW 12.3 - - - 11.5-14.5%
Platelet Count 271 - - - 150-400 - - - 10*9/L

Differential

Neutrophils 4.9 - - - 2.0-7.5 - - - 109/L
Lymphocytes 1.9 - - - 1.0-4.0 - - - 10
9/L
Monocytes A0.9 - - - 0.1-0.8 - - - 109/L
Eosinophils 0.1 - - - 0.0-0.7 - - - 10
9/L
Basophils 0.1 - - - 0.0-0.2 - - - 109/L
Granulocytes Immature 0.0 - - - 0.0-0.1 - - - 10
9/L

Biochemical Investigation of Anemias and Iron Overload

Vitamin B12 211 - - - 153-655 pmol/L
Ferritin 43 - - - 24-444 ug/L

General Chemistry

Glucose Fasting 4.7 - - - 3.3-5.5 mmol/L
Sodium 138 - - - 135-145 mmol/L
Potassium 4.4 - - - 3.5-5.0 mmol/L
Creatinine 85 - - - 45-110 umol/L
Estimated GFR 97 >=60
Gamma GT 8 <49U/L
Alanine Aminotransferase 46 <50|U/L|

Lipids

Cholesterol A5.33 - - - 2.00-5.19 mmol/L
LDL Cholesterol A3.65 - - - 1.50-3.40 mmol/L

HDL Cholesterol 1.10 >0.99 mmol/L
Chol/HDL (Risk Ratio) 4.85 <4.9
Non HDL Cholesterol 4.23 mmol/L

Triglycerides 1.27 <2.21 mmol/L

Thyroid Function

TSH 1.22 - - - 0.32-5.04 mU/L

Tumour Markers

Prostate Specific Ag 0.80. <2.5ug/L

Reproductive and Gonadal

Estradiol A232 <157 pmol/L
Testosterone A37.0 - - - 8.4-28.8 nmol/L
Testosterone Free Calculated A1315 - - - 115-577 pmol/L
Testosterone Bioavailable Calculated A30.8 - - - 2.7-13.5 nmol/L
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin 10.9 - - - 10.0-70.0 nmol/L

Serum Proteins

C Reactive Protein (High Sensitivity) 2.4 <4.8 mg/L

When taking steroids your blood work wont look like it did when you didnt take steroids, duh.
At low doses being a bit over the norm is expected - thats why you take steroids in the first place, right?

You either cycle or you do TRT. One is medically needed the other is for funsies.

You’ve posted in the pharma section and mentioned a doctor.

Maybe you should try working your original post more clear with what exactly you are doing, and why, and what you want to achieve. Maybe even posting it in the TRT section.

Either way, you’re doing a shitty “cycle” or bad TRT. So, you need help, you just need to figure out what hell you need :joy:

3 Likes

Oh, yea… 250 is definitely not a trt… And it is also not a good cycle, lol.

I’ve seen this all over recently, esp on Reddit. Guys “cycling” TRT whether they need it or not. I still can’t figure out where the idea is coming from; maybe it’s the YouTube community advocating lower doses and TRT clinics at the same time, so guys get confused and think TRT cycle? I dunno

1 Like

It is legit for some. Some just need a lot of Test to get to top of the range.

Ugh, I think that is what it is. I’ve seen lots of this stuff as of recently. One was a guy who was going to do 500 mg/wk of test, and getting hoards of people telling him it was way too much, or to do TRT level test, and 300 mg of Deca. The issue is these guys usually have no experience, and don’t really no what they are talking about.

IMO, MPMD and Greg Doucette are suspect. The former claiming 100 mg of test and the latter 120 mg/wk test for the last couple of years. I just don’t buy it. I think they tell people how awesome these low dosages are, but then also are running TRT clinics.

Based on the numbers I’ve posted above, do they look high on the TEST side, or what? I used the term TRT lightly here. It’s not a TRT cycle, more like a low dose TEST cycle to see some ranges and adjust from there.

You can see why people are confused.

What does your doctor have to do with any of this? Were you diagnosed with low T before starting?

Did he prescribe 250mg per week for your TRT, are you self-medicating and not telling him how much you’re taking, or what?

1 Like

100% agree. While I like their content a lot (Derek is informative, Greg is entertaining), they’re trying to push their products and clinic. They’ve both said before that they didn’t create those bodies on low doses alone, but that gets lost in the shuffle with the amount of videos they produce.

Slightly elevated, but looks normal for a 250mg test cycle (maybe a little low even)

Edit: your SHBG is really low, so that might explain the low-ish response if you’re shooting twice a week. I’d be doing daily or EOD if I were you. You’ll see TT come up

There’s a few clinics where I live that are deemed TRT clinics. My T was on the low side of normal, and I told him my goals and he prescribed exactly the amount I am taking (250mg/week).

He saw the blood work and wants to lower the dose to 150mg/week, so I’m reaching out to the community to see if those numbers are to high for a first cycle. You have to understand, I actually don’t know where people aim to get there numbers when running a cycle.

I don’t really care if some people think 250/week is “not a good cycle” or whatever, for me it’s all about the numbers, so maybe I should re-phrase.

What numbers are optimal when running a test only cycle?

I’ve been working out for 15 years, never done a cycle, my diet is, and has been for a long time, on point, my bf is around 14%, and now I’m looking to get past my plateau, I’m just being a little cautious with my first cycle is all, so wanted some guys who have done this to give a quick interpretation of the numbers I posted… Are they good, are they too high, too low? etc etc

Greg has an FFMI of like 28, at sub 10% BF. He also bikes hard for like 150 miles a week. I get that you can be a bit bigger as a former big blaster, but as an almost 50 year old dude, with the intense long biking and 120 mg/wk of Test. I just don’t buy it.

1 Like

He’s reported his TT in the 700’s too, and all that time he spent “off” while his tricep or whatever was injured. Yeah I’d say it’s safe to assume there’s more going in than 120mg test

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t think he is blasting his face off, but I think it is reasonable to think he is probably on the HGH, Test in the 3-500 range, or TRT test and something like primo. What he is saying is better for selling though.

1 Like

And you have to understand that TRT and cycling are two very different things. You’re kinda using the words interchangeably. TRT is medication taken for life to maintain blood levels within the normal range. Cycles are taken short-term and almost always bring levels to well-above normal range, which is where you are.

Your doctor is doing the appropriate thing in wanting to lower your dosage, because that will bring your bloodwork into normal range.

Okay, I made an edit to the original post so people don’t get confused by what I’m looking for, it was a simple typo.

So if I’m understanding what you’re saying here, the numbers I have posted are in a good range for a first cycle then?

I’m really still only looking to know if I should upm the dosage based on the numbers, or lower the dosage from your experience

Personally, if it is a cycle, and you plan on PCT, then make it worth it. 250 mg/wk isn’t going to do much for you. If you are going to do it, do it right. That’s my two cents. There is a difference between the numbers you want for TRT and for a cycle. You are in between IMO.

For a cycle I’d like to be in the 2000-3000ng range TT for 12-16 weeks, lift heavy and up the volume, eat 500 cal surplus and adjust every couple weeks if needed. I’d do your cycle for a cut, keeping TT just above range to help hold onto muscle while dieting. But try it and see. Maybe you’ll grow, maybe you’ll kinda tread water, but you’ll have the experience to know where to go for your next cycle (cos there will be a next cycle).

Okay awesome, and thanks for that, was in-line with what I was thinking, just wasn’t entirely sure… And YES, there most definitely will be another cycle :slight_smile: