First Cycle: 500mg/wk Test C

Week 5, day 1: Hit 250 lbs.

Lol. Not even halfway through and hit the goal weight. Impressive.

I can’t wait to start!

Week 7, day 1: 251 lbs.

Very interesting.

Good look with everything!

What is your training program like?

Because recovery is so much faster, I train everything 2x per week. 4 sets per exercise with the last set being a drop set, forced reps or rest-pause.

My plan was to do cardio 3x per week for 20 minutes, but the last three weeks I’ve only done cardio once each week.

I did an interesting workout for back on Monday. I did pull-ups to failure and then rested 30 seconds, and kept going to failure every 30 seconds for as many times as I could. I ended up doing 8 sets and on the 9th set I couldn’t get one pull-up. After the pull-ups, I did 3 sets of assisted pull-ups so I could get good and high with max contraction in back muscles.

Last night was legs.
4 x 10 squats
4 x 20,18,16,15 leg presses
3 x 20,15,12 leg curls
3 x 25,20,20 leg extensions

I broke my back doing squats in 1997. I think it took a good three years to get better. No surgery. I completed a summer 5x5 program this past summer where we did squats 3 times per week going really heavy and adding weight each week. My back was fine through most of it and didn’t bother me. But now I’m having problems handling the weight I used to. It’s really depressing. I really like squats, so I’ll have to manage the pain and stay light.

Week 8: 253 lbs.

Weight gain is slowing a tad. Maybe I can top out at 256.

I want to concentrate on keeping the muscle gains. Just by the mirror, I feel I could loose 10 lbs in water and fat and that would put me at 243… a net 7 lbs gain and still not near as lean as I’d like. But I don’t want to focus on loosing that just yet. I want to keep eating and training with a low dose of AI for 2 or three months. Then just clean up everything and keep cardio at 20 minutes per day.

I sure don’t like being thick though.

i finished my first test c cycle about 2 months ago now, i got a few things for you, yes you will notice bloating in your stomach area, i didnt use any adex or anything, you will gain a good amount of water weight, once you come off cycle you will lose it pretty quickly i would say in a couple week or month. I’ve kept around 13 lbs of what i gained so i’m happy with that. Good luck with everything you seem to gaining pretty good.

I now prefer going low carb (restricted to mostly to during and post workout) when on cycle to keep the bloat down. I found this makes a huge difference (thanks Prisoner).

I always run an AI now because i get serious estrogen issues even at fairly low doses so I would rather control it from the start. If you can live with a little bloating it won’t hurt you and will help your gains (as long as it’s short term…long term it is bad for your cardiovascular system).

Test weight gain kicks in super fast for me as well but I think because, like you, I retain a lot of water fast…I will regularly put on at least 10lbs in the first week which you can be fairly certain isn’t muscle. What you have to do is use that extra water to make muscle. Work at hardening it up over the next few weeks and eat as clean as you can while still getting adequate cals.

I also get the psychological effects of the test very quick. I usually start to feel increased libido within a few days (3-4 days for enth)…might be that my test has had a little prop in it but that has been my experience.

So have you finished this cycle Scan?

You should be coming up on 12 weeks by now… are you in stasis? How are things going?

I read (scanned) through this thread, and it seems to me there is little to add! You have gained well, constructed a good cycle, had positive and realistic comments from respected members… good work.

What is your weight, BF% and all those things like now, compared to before cycle.
How much did the lifts that are important to you improve? How much time will you take off?

Give us an update - give me something to work with here! I have nothing to flame about! :wink:

Did the water come off yet? I expect it to come off in droves during the beginning of the taper actually mate.

Brook (YGPM)

[quote]SCANDALON wrote:
Week 8: 253 lbs.

Weight gain is slowing a tad. Maybe I can top out at 256.

I want to concentrate on keeping the muscle gains. Just by the mirror, I feel I could loose 10 lbs in water and fat and that would put me at 243… a net 7 lbs gain and still not near as lean as I’d like. But I don’t want to focus on loosing that just yet. I want to keep eating and training with a low dose of AI for 2 or three months. Then just clean up everything and keep cardio at 20 minutes per day.

I sure don’t like being thick though.

[/quote]

Me either, i find the gains from Test (especially IME cyp) are very sloppy when diet isnt PERFECT. Lots of water and plenty of fat too… It is the aromatisation.

I have run a number of deca only cycles and like the gains… very high quality, especially from top notch product.

I like to moderate the test level with a further anabolic, this reduces sides and keeps anabolism. I am currently using eq, but only cause i had 50ml of the stuff and needed to finish it… it isnt great, but better than a kick in the teeth.

I have recently learnt that Prop is a much nicer drug for me… i feel different on it, and i am much better quality… still water and fat but not as much. Maybe it is the good quality of product i have… but i like prop and it is my ester of choice for test.

Either way… if you want maximum gains and minimum water and fat, it is a necessity to add a less aromatizing anabolic and keep diet clean as all hell… simple.

I see now you should be on week 10 or so… hows it going?

Brook