T Nation

First Cycle: 500mg/wk Test C

A log for my first cycle.

Start weight: 236 lbs.
Goal: Pass 250 lbs.

The Plan:
Run a 12 week cycle at 500mg/wk, followed by a 6 week stasis at 100mg/wk, followed by a taper in which you drop your total dose 20mg per week. Do 2 weeks at 20mg/wk and then you’re ready to run your next cycle or take time off �?�4. don’t use nolva on cycle, just use it during PCT and only if you’ve got gyno going
(Thanks World, Cortes, 5.0, Bushy-or whatever you’re going by now.)�?�

Started 9/23/08

Ventrogluteal!!! Mon./Thurs. I love pinning!

It’s been noted that test doesn’t kick in until week 3 or 4. But after the first week, I’m up 8 pound and much harder. And all my lifts are up. So if this is just my mind here and there’s more to come… I can’t wait.

Two weeks in I can tell I’m recovering faster. 244lbs.

I also think the test is kicking in bigtime now.I was about to jump thru the TV last night watching the VP debate. Palin was so beautiful.

Questions are welcome.

Seems like you got a great cycle going bro. For some people, Test kicks in sooner than it does for others. I think I remember someone saying (maybe FuriousGeorge) that he could feel the Test within a week or so.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Jazz

Hey Scan - are you dosing a’dex yet?

Very glad things are going so well, thus far!

No - and wasn’t planning on adex. Please advise if you think differently.

Didnt think this would require it.

Hopefully you have it on hand? Your rapid weight gain could be explained away by water retention alone. Do your fingers feel fat, or your face?

There are arguments both ways, whether to use it throughout or not. Some say yes, no matter what - dose it; others say wait until you feel bloat before dosing. You can manipulate the dosing to optimize your muscle gain and overall good feelings, while minimizing bloat. It may not hurt to dose at .25mg every third day, and see how that effects that hardness you referred to.

[quote]5.0 wrote:
Hopefully you have it on hand? Your rapid weight gain could be explained away by water retention alone. Do your fingers feel fat, or your face?

There are arguments both ways, whether to use it throughout or not. Some say yes, no matter what - dose it; others say wait until you feel bloat before dosing. You can manipulate the dosing to optimize your muscle gain and overall good feelings, while minimizing bloat.

It may not hurt to dose at .25mg every third day, and see how that effects that hardness you referred to. [/quote]

Great point by 5.0 here.

Cycle looks great to me bud. Good luck with things!

ToneBone

I know I’m gaining some water but don’t feel bloated at all. Arms and chest look leaner. Last week I only did cardio one day. My plan was to do it 3X a week for 20-30 min. each time. I’ll get some a’dex added starting in week 5, or sooner if it comes in. I’ll go low like you said and see how that goes.

And yep, my wife is noticing I’m bigger and she asked are you getting bigger? Others are too. I was at the dog park on Saturday wearing a Superman t-shirt and this older gentleman asks me if I left my cape at home. ha ha ha ha ha…

[quote]SCANDALON wrote:
I know I’m gaining some water but don’t feel bloated at all. Arms and chest look leaner. Last week I only did cardio one day. My plan was to do it 3X a week for 20-30 min. each time. I’ll get some a’dex added starting in week 5, or sooner if it comes in. I’ll go low like you said and see how that goes.

And yep, my wife is noticing I’m bigger and she asked are you getting bigger? Others are too. I was at the dog park on Saturday wearing a Superman t-shirt and this older gentleman asks me if I left my cape at home. ha ha ha ha ha…
[/quote]

Hahaha good stuff bro, that’s hilarious! I’ll go with what others are saying here though and recommend that you have some sort of AI on hand to control bloat/estrogen. The bloat can certainly get pretty nasty, but you don’t have dbol in there, so you’ll probably be fine. Great first cycle and best of luck!

[quote]SCANDALON wrote:
I know I’m gaining some water but don’t feel bloated at all. Arms and chest look leaner. Last week I only did cardio one day. My plan was to do it 3X a week for 20-30 min. each time. I’ll get some a’dex added starting in week 5, or sooner if it comes in. I’ll go low like you said and see how that goes.

And yep, my wife is noticing I’m bigger and she asked are you getting bigger? Others are too. I was at the dog park on Saturday wearing a Superman t-shirt and this older gentleman asks me if I left my cape at home. ha ha ha ha ha…
[/quote]

Cardio definitely helps control bloat. Dosing the a’dex should give your body the balance it needs in controlling the estrogen.

Sounds like you’ve got a good plan, Mr. Kent…:wink:

I’m watching the Steelers and Jags game last night - I picked the Jags :frowning: … and I was thinking man Andrea Kramer is really hot tonight…

It’s the test right…

[quote]SCANDALON wrote:
I’m watching the Steelers and Jags game last night - I picked the Jags :frowning: … and I was thinking man Andrea Kramer is really hot tonight…

It’s the test right…[/quote]

As long as you don’t think Dave Garrard is is hot, you’re OK, lol

Sounds like you’ll have fun this cycle!

Up to 247 lbs from a start of 236 lbs after 17 days. I’m afraid of easy on / easy off.

Feel great though, and have increased every lift. Recovery is faster. I try to fit a couple of training days on a bodypart twice a week. I did biceps twice last week. May do shoulders twice this week. Back twice the next… But I want enough rest time to grow. I guess since I’m on I should be putting the stuff to work.

That reminds me…

“Honey, do you have a couple of minutes?”… :wink:

On aas i allways train every thing twice a week.

And suggest that you do so unless the muscle is still sore from the last work out then you skip it.

Best of luck bro,
The Bean

3 weeks in. 247 lbs. Strength is way up. My workout partner says “dang man!” Drew a small crowd on my last set of bench.

Muscles are fuller but also a little more water coverage.

Testicles maybe just a slight reduction is size, but certainly only noticeable to me.

Biggest difference is recovery time. I’m upping my frequency to take advantage of cycle. Training with intensity techniques on one or two sets of every lift.

Shoulders, chest, back and traps all bigger. Arms slightly bigger also. I wonder what arm measurements I’ll finish with? Or what I’ll keep. 20" would be nice, but that’s gonna have to come a subsequent cycle. Anyway, that’s just a goal. I didn’t want to attach anything other than topping 250 lbs to this cycle. Main goal was just to get started and observe and learn.

Really enjoying everything. Today is leg day. So tomorrow my enjoyment factor might be a little lower.

Beginning Week 4

Weight: 248.5 (+12.5 lbs.)
The first two and a half weeks I felt harder, but now somewhat softer. The water gain is starting to bug me, especially in the mid-region. It’s hard seeing the added weight thats not lean mass. Just a necessary evil for the time being.

Dosing adex soon. Hopefully that will help.

Diet is average.

The diet is average is your water problem. Clean that up and drop some carbs out and you will notice a drop in the amount of water you are retaining almost immediately.

Well, average for a lifter… not an average person. Still really clean and healthy.

My goal was 250, and I’m almost there now in week 4. So I’d like to aim for 260 now and clean up to 250 after cycle.

Two weeks after cycle, I’ll slightly taper down food totals, add Animal Cuts and more cardio. Three low-intensity and one HIIT.

[quote]SCANDALON wrote:
Well, average for a lifter… not an average person. Still really clean and healthy.

My goal was 250, and I’m almost there now in week 4. So I’d like to aim for 260 now and clean up to 250 after cycle.

Two weeks after cycle, I’ll slightly taper down food totals, add Animal Cuts and more cardio. Three low-intensity and one HIIT.[/quote]

Go with this route and you will be sure to see any gains at all that you have made dwindle away in a rather quick hurry. Right after a cycle is surely not the time to cut while your body is trying to adapt and adjust to the recently added muscle.

Ahhh… thanks. The end of my stasis/taper would be January 1, next cycle to begin March 1. In between I won’t be trying to get body fat into single digits. Just get off some of the excess from 1st cycle. Ease off the calories and ease up the cardio January and February.

Option 2 would be to start next cycle in mid January instead of March 1. Depends on what Santa brings!

End of week 4 and finally had an injection that didn’t go perfectly. I could tell I hit a blood vessel because it hurt more and muscles tightened on the needle. Blood immediately came out injection site. I never got the syringe in far enough to aspirate.

I simply pulled out, put on a new needle, prepped the site again with a alcohol wipe and injected again about a half inch over. This time there was no problem. All in all, it was a minor deal.