First Contest

One back

I cant wait to follow your journey to your first contest man! I have no doubt that youre gonna look awesome and do great!

How tall are you ev?

[quote]pbclax1 wrote:
I cant wait to follow your journey to your first contest man! I have no doubt that youre gonna look awesome and do great![/quote]

Thanks brotha!

Rob, I’m 5’10.5

5 10 at 217 at that lean, i reckon youll do awesome man, especially that youll be in novice right? when doing preachers your arms didnt look at impressive, but then in the FDB that look massive. Legs… massive. Good luck

Yeah, very lean starting point, and at your height, very solid and proportional.

S

Quad sweep is unreal. Best of luck, I look forward to following your progress.

@ Rob: Thanks man, I never thought my arms looked good in the FDB, but I guess they look okay. Legs have always been a strong part.

@ Stu: thanks! I’ve really been trying hard to get more proportionate and bring up my upper body, specifically arms and lat width.

@ Colin: thanks, quads have always been my best bodypart…I’ll post a pic of just them in a little.

Now time to hit shoulders and traps : )

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:
So since this is the bodybuilding forum I thought I’d log part of my contest prep here.

I am going to be competing in the Yorton Cup, an OCB Bodybuilding event on October 29th, and I will be working with Layne Norton for my contest prep.

A brief history, I am 21 years old, will be a senior in college this fall, and first started lifting for football and baseball when I was 14. Through high school, I lifted for sports performance, as I was set on playing college football, but a pretty serious knee injury that required three surgeries ended that. I was essentially not able to work my legs intensely from February 2008 through the summer of 2009 due to the surgeries and recovery. My sophomore year, I competed in a strongman competition and didn’t do badly, but I decided to set my sights on bodybuilding for good after this. I contemplated waiting longer to do my first contest, but I figured that If I came very dialed in to this one, I’d have a pretty good chance at doing well and doing it will also give me a good idea of what I need to do to improve.

I am starting this prep at 217 pounds, and I took the following measurements today: Waist: 33.75 inches, Arms: 17.5 inches, Legs: 27.5 inches, Chest (relaxed): 48 inches, Shoulders: 55 inches, Calves: 16.5 inches.

Right now, our goal is slow weight loss, as we are very far out from the show.

If you want to follow my training, here is my log: Evan's Training - Training Logs - Forums - T Nation

If anyone has any questions, comments, or suggestions, here is the place to put them.

I will be taking formal progress pictures this weekend, but I will post a few now just for reference. [/quote]

Congrats on deciding to do your first contest and working with Layne. I am currently prepping with him for my first constest as well, 3 weeks out. You definitely have some awesome development, crazy back and awesome sweep! I am looking forward to following your progress man.

[quote]thenewguy wrote:

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:
So since this is the bodybuilding forum I thought I’d log part of my contest prep here.

I am going to be competing in the Yorton Cup, an OCB Bodybuilding event on October 29th, and I will be working with Layne Norton for my contest prep.

A brief history, I am 21 years old, will be a senior in college this fall, and first started lifting for football and baseball when I was 14. Through high school, I lifted for sports performance, as I was set on playing college football, but a pretty serious knee injury that required three surgeries ended that. I was essentially not able to work my legs intensely from February 2008 through the summer of 2009 due to the surgeries and recovery. My sophomore year, I competed in a strongman competition and didn’t do badly, but I decided to set my sights on bodybuilding for good after this. I contemplated waiting longer to do my first contest, but I figured that If I came very dialed in to this one, I’d have a pretty good chance at doing well and doing it will also give me a good idea of what I need to do to improve.

I am starting this prep at 217 pounds, and I took the following measurements today: Waist: 33.75 inches, Arms: 17.5 inches, Legs: 27.5 inches, Chest (relaxed): 48 inches, Shoulders: 55 inches, Calves: 16.5 inches.

If you want to follow my training, here is my log: Evan's Training - Training Logs - Forums - T Nation

If anyone has any questions, comments, or suggestions, here is the place to put them.

I will be taking formal progress pictures this weekend, but I will post a few now just for reference. [/quote]

Congrats on deciding to do your first contest and working with Layne. I am currently prepping with him for my first constest as well, 3 weeks out. You definitely have some awesome development, crazy back and awesome sweep! I am looking forward to following your progress man.[/quote]

Thanks man, that’s awesome to hear!!
How’s your prep going? When did you start!?

After watching you deadlift, we now all know where that insane back development you sport comes from. Keep it up man.

[quote]davidcox1 wrote:
After watching you deadlift, we now all know where that insane back development you sport comes from. Keep it up man.[/quote]

Haha thanks David :-P.

Look for 10 with that weight soon.

Pic of the quads.

[quote]ColinD624 wrote:
Quad sweep is unreal. Best of luck, I look forward to following your progress.[/quote]

Ya awesome quad sweep man.

Good luck sounds like you are in good hands for your prep.

dude you’re gonna kill it!

can’t wait to watch the progress you make

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:

[quote]thenewguy wrote:

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:

Congrats on deciding to do your first contest and working with Layne. I am currently prepping with him for my first constest as well, 3 weeks out. You definitely have some awesome development, crazy back and awesome sweep! I am looking forward to following your progress man.[/quote]

Thanks man, that’s awesome to hear!!
How’s your prep going? When did you start!?[/quote]

Hey man it is going great, I started 21 weeks ago today! It is getting crazy to think about how far I’ve come. You started in a lot better condition than I started my prep in, so I am sure you are absolutely going to tear it up man!

Physique is awesome man, quads and back are standout bodyparts. Only bodypart that looks like it could use some work to me is the calves. Anyway, cant wait to follow your prep, hope it goes well:)

@ Malden: Thanks man, I definitely am.

@ Grind: Thanks bro!

@ New Guy: Good to hear!! I hope I do!

@ Whatever: Thanks! I’m hitting calves two to three times a week now, so hopefully they can improve a bit.

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:
Here is a front pic…still working on where is the best place to take these, but I’ll post a couple. [/quote]

There you go, back to flexing your quads in the lock-knee position. DAMNIT YOU DONT SEE Separation WHEN YOU DO THAT!

<3