First Contest Prep

[quote]bushidobadboy2 wrote:

[quote]johnmurray2 wrote:

[quote]bushidobadboy2 wrote:
I would find someone to mentor you; it will remove a lot of the guesswork.

I’m sure you can find a local BBer willing to guide you. Even if they are oldschool and still rely on hours of steady-state cardio and brocolli and chicken etc to achieve a decent result, you’ll be stage-ready. Even if it is an unessecarily painful route :wink:

BBB[/quote]

Thanks guys lol! Hey BBB can I ask you a quick question? I am planning on a mass cycle and pre-contest cycle to prepare. I have decided against staying on this entire time as I absolutely want to have kids, so this is worrying me a bit. In your opinion what would be my best route? Should I hit a 16-18 week mass cycle then do a pct of HMG/HCG/NOLVA for about 4-6 weeks before I start my 16 week contest cycle? Or should I use hmg and hcg throughout the mass cycle and still do a pct in between. I am really lost here and I don’t want to mess up my whole future for something I only plan to do once you know? I would really appreciate any of your expertise or guidance. Thank you.[/quote]

Much like any other side-effect from AAS use, infertility is overexaggerated IMO.

MANY guys have got their SOs pregnant during HEAVY cycles. Either the kids are fathered by a surrogate, lol, or their AAS use even whilst on didn’t have the effect the books say it does.

Go figure.

I also have read case studies of 8+ year continuous users who were able to conceive after a simple Clomid/HMG/HCG protocol.

But there are other reasons for not staying on high doses year round, namely diminishing returns.

I have my athletes drop to a high physiological dose (150-250mg/wk) for approx 6 weeks between theire phase I and phase II periods. This allows their body to learn to retain muscle on reduced androgen loads, so that when they start their new phase II stack, they experience a new surge/effect.

Hope this answers your question.

BBB[/quote]

Thank you for your response. What I had planned on doing was
Test/Deca for my “offseason” So let’s say from the beginning of July until the end of October or 16-18 weeks.

I had then planned to stop and do a pct of hcg or hmg and nolva until I start my contest prep which will start 16 weeks out.

What you’re suggesting is that for the time I planned on doing the pct to instead do a cruise or bridge with a low dose correct? I understand the concept behind it and I am definitely intrigued I’m just a bit hesitant to be “on” for 10-11 months straight lol. If I stay on that long should I not use hcg up until contest prep?

I never said my way was the only way. You would probably be successful with your method too. 16 weeks up to showtime is enough. Just remember to take a lot of pics. Its been ten years since I competed and every once in a while I break out the pics and take a look they are good to have.
If you do decide to stay on, however, HCG would be a good idea, but you probably would be better off comming offf for a feww week, not long just a few weeks.