T Nation

First Contest 16 Years Old

Below are some pictures of my first bodybuilding contest where I placed 2nd in the Jr. Lightweights and 2nd in the Teen Division.

It was a great experience and I hope to do many more in the future. I went though a 12 week prep, starting off at 169lbs and was 153 on stage.

You should have taken another year to develop chest and back.

[quote]n3wb wrote:
You should have taken another year to develop chest and back.[/quote]

And maybe you shouldn’t be such a grumpy old man. He’s 16 years old and is probably having a great time with his training and the competition, give him a break…

Congratulations with the good result! Looks amazing for a 16 year old, keep it up :slight_smile:

[quote]JBR wrote:
n3wb wrote:

And maybe you shouldn’t be such a grumpy old man. He’s 16 years old and is probably having a great time with his training and the competition, give him a break…

Congratulations with the good result! Looks amazing for a 16 year old, keep it up :slight_smile:

[/quote]

N3wb is a teenager as well, maybe YOU should have checked his profile before calling him a grumpy old man.

To the OP, I think you should concentrate on adding more size for the next couple of years before you do another show. I think you risk losing too much of your muscle as you diet down for contests. I admire your dedication to lifting and competing, but there are many teenagers who look just like you that have never touched a weight.

I am not trying to take anything away from your dedication to the sport, just trying to put in perspective the idea that although you compete, you don’t exactly LOOK like a bodybulder…YET.

I believe you have the potential to develp an impressive physique in the future, but you need to give yourself time to grow. Good luck.

[quote]TheSicilian wrote:
JBR wrote:
n3wb wrote:

N3wb is a teenager as well, maybe YOU should have checked his profile before calling him a grumpy old man.

To the OP, I think you should concentrate on adding more size for the next couple of years before you do another show. I think you risk losing too much of your muscle as you diet down for contests. I admire your dedication to lifting and competing, but there are many teenagers who look just like you that have never touched a weight.

I am not trying to take anything away from your dedication to the sport, just trying to put in perspective the idea that although you compete, you don’t exactly LOOK like a bodybulder…YET.

I believe you have the potential to develp an impressive physique in the future, but you need to give yourself time to grow. Good luck.

[/quote]
I agree with what JBR said with the exception of many teenagers looking like that who have not touched a weight. I have 2 teenage boys, so with their school activities I know many kids and none of them look like that without working out.

impressive legs for 16

Good legs. With the exception of arms, everything above the waist looks too small. Congrats on your first contest. :slight_smile:

Look good for 16, keep it up
and good luck in the future w/
more comp.

I would second the idea of not competing year after year.

You have some good genetics and probably developed a basic understanding of competing. Don’t let this sort of extreme dieting slow down your progress, b/c those who might not be competing now, may be able to kick your butt down the road if you continually chose to compete at such a young age. That’s just my opinion. I’d also suggest doing one or maybe two more shows before you hit 21, but again that’s just an opinion.

Good work.

[quote]JBR wrote:
n3wb wrote:

[/quote]

Im 16…

I admire your dedication to lifting and competing, but there are many teenagers who look just like you that have never touched a weight.

[/quote]

Where the fuck did you grow up where a lot of teenagers looks like that without touching a weight???

You placed second, and you seem to have enjoyed it, so do what makes you happy, looking pretty good for ur age there.

[quote]PF_88 wrote:
TheSicilian wrote:
I admire your dedication to lifting and competing, but there are many teenagers who look just like you that have never touched a weight.

Where the fuck did you grow up where a lot of teenagers looks like that without touching a weight???

[/quote]
Connecticut

N3wb is a teenager as well, maybe YOU should have checked his profile before calling him a grumpy old man.[/quote]

I’m sorry to break it to you, but I do not intend to check every persons profile before posting to them. Besides that, the “grumpy old man” was just an expression to make my point.

Of course there’s room for improvement on a 17 year old kid and I agree with some of the others that you should focus on the chest and traps some more. Hard to see the traps for real in that pic though.

Gotta agree on not competing again for a while. Not only are you small, but your hormone profile doesn’t need to be getting messed with all the up/down dieting that bodybuilders go through to gain size and then cut for a contest.

Stick with a nice slow weight gain and consider competing again when you are 20 or so. It seems like a LOOONNNNGGG time I know, but if you are in this for health at all you owe it to yourself to just let your body grow for a few years.

Plus you will pack on some serious muscle by then, you look very small in that picture which is probably not what you are going for.

very good for a 16 year old