First Consult with a TRT Expert

Long story but I’ve been on trt from my endo at dose of .13 ml test cyp (200 mg/ml, so 26 mg) every 3 days.
Background: 39 yo, went on trt last year cause I never had natural test levels above 388. I think mainly from a vericocele. My latest labs show TT around 500 and free t at 133 (31-150 range)
Normal brain mri, normal labs other than above.

Feel ok but wanted a second opinion from a trt guru in the field. He said I should do 2 options, one is keep dose same but add hcg at 300 iu every 3 days.
Other option is stop, take clomid 12 mg daily for 6 weeks and recheck. He said this was because when I got on trt last year my LH was zero and my TT was 40. He thinks there should be a reason my LH is low and wants to recheck after clomid…

Not sure what to do, I personally don’t think there is any hope restoring my hormones naturally, but I want the safest option and would love if my testes worked again, lol

Any insight?

Sounds like your pituitary is dead, LH zero and testes can’t recover without LH. Personally I feel terrible in the midranges, your leaving out a lot of important labs which is why it’s important to keep everything in one thread.

All other labs are in normal ranges, Tsh is near 1, prolactin, igf1, CBC, shbg, E2, all are normal. Brain mri normal etc…

You now have 9 threads in this forum and a good response needs background easter egg hunts. Really bad.

60mg T per week really sounds like too little.
TT=500 too low.

Are you old enough that you do not need to worry about fertility?

LH=0 was with no TRT?
What about FSH?
Anything=zero sets off my lab error alarms.

Are testes tiny now? If have been long term there might not be much that hCG can work on. Otherwise 250iu hCG SC EOD.

Have you looked at the protocol for injections sticky?

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re Thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab numbers and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

Sorry I’m so scattered brains. Let me rephrase my question. Let’s say I never had TT above 388 in my life.
1.i think there is little hope to achieving natural healthy TT levels again, so is trt plus hcg healthier than going on with my life with a TT around 250-300?
I just want healthiest option at this point since I’ll be 40 soon and have 4 amazing little kids.

You can’t be healthy in the 300 ranges, if that’s where you were in your peak, it’s god awful! Most here once upon a time had high normal testosterone levels, you’ve been low T your whole life and you don’t know anything different.

I felt terrible in the midranges ranges, I just got a dosage increase do to a score of 524 ng/dL 50mg twice weekly. Only been on 70mg twice weekly for a week and already feeling amazing, mental clarity and sleeping like a baby for the first time in a year on TRT.

You know 388 isn’t healthy and higher T is healthier, but you are still considering dreadfully 388 levels, confused here. You’re not even halfway through your life yet and already have the natural hormones of an elderly man and are contemplating returning to those levels.