First Comp: 1300@148 raw (456 Wilks)

Nice work man. Don’t know why you got red lighted on the 2nd attempt,looks about the same depth as the 3rd on squats. Great job getting it.

[quote]ibnmahama wrote:
Nice work man. Don’t know why you got red lighted on the 2nd attempt,looks about the same depth as the 3rd on squats. Great job getting it.[/quote]

Thanks man, it was pretty tough coming back for that last attempt after that big grinder on the 2nd.

[quote]ape288 wrote:

[quote]ibnmahama wrote:
Nice work man. Don’t know why you got red lighted on the 2nd attempt,looks about the same depth as the 3rd on squats. Great job getting it.[/quote]

Thanks man, it was pretty tough coming back for that last attempt after that big grinder on the 2nd.[/quote]

Are you sure you were red lighted for depth? If you watch the video it looks like you adjust your feet after getting the squat command.

[quote]TrevorLPT wrote:

[quote]ape288 wrote:

[quote]ibnmahama wrote:

Thanks man, it was pretty tough coming back for that last attempt after that big grinder on the 2nd.[/quote]

Are you sure you were red lighted for depth? If you watch the video it looks like you adjust your feet after getting the squat command. [/quote]

I actually stumbled and had to take the step back so I wouldn’t fall on my ass lol. I asked one of the side judges after the lift though, and he told me they got me for depth on both sides. A couple lifts passed before I got the chance to ask him though so its possible he mis-remembered and it was actually because of the stumble. Who knows. I’m just mad I didn’t get to take a crack at 540.

Great work! Looked to me that depth was very similar to the ones that passed. I do believe all of them were good. How did you like RPS I may compete in one of their meets in May

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Great work! Looked to me that depth was very similar to the ones that passed. I do believe all of them were good. How did you like RPS I may compete in one of their meets in May[/quote]

Thanks bro. The meet was great. It was run very smoothly, it didn’t drag, and lifts were basically just done rapid fire. Also, what initially sold me on RPS: no member dues, just sign up for the meet and you’re good to go. I highly recommend them as a federation.

I threw together a little video a couple days ago that chronicles my squat progress in the 5 weeks leading up to the competition. I squatted up to maximum 5 times a week for the first 4 weeks of November (20 total sessions), and then did 2 sessions in the final week before the meet. This video starts with the 475lbs single I hit on day 1, increases pretty much linearly to my 535lbs training PR 4 exactly weeks later, and concludes with my 525 from the competition. Let me know what you think.