First Blast Log: Test/Deca

End of Week 5 10/11/18
Weight - 174
Skin folds
Chest - 2mm
Quad - 5mm
Belly - 6.5mm

Didn’t take my BP or RHR this morning. Weight gain is slow, and I’ve upped my calories to around 4000. But still 7lbs in 5 weeks ain’t too bad.

On a crappy note I was messing around on some rings and pulled over to back flip off and pop! I’m sure I already had a weak spot, but now have an inguinal hernia just above my junk on the left side. By the end of the day it’s poking out pretty good and is definately tender. Anyone have experience dealing with one. Ideally I’d like to wait until January to have it repaired so I’ll have a whole year where most of my deductible is met. Is it dangerous for me to train with it and just be careful?

My lifts are going way up and that’s super motivating! Here are some highlights from this week.

Dumbells flys - 10 reps with 90s
Weighted dips - 20 reps with 100 lbs
Alternating dumbbell curls 12 reps with 50s
Started the blast with. 1Rep Max on bench at 320. Think I’ll give that one another shot at week 8 and again when I’m done at week 16. A lifelong goal of mine is to do a strict no bounce bench press at double my body weight and I’m finally getting pretty close!

I’m finding that I don’t at all look forward to pinning 2.1cc’s. I’d become accustomed to my subq injections with a 27 gauge 1/2 inch needle for my TRT dose.

One question I do have is about protein… I asked it earlier in the log but got no response. How much protein can my body handle or is ideal when on test and deca with the increased nitrogen retention. I’d say I’m averaging like 250-290 currently. Anyone know the answer to this? @physioLojik @flipcollar @studhammer you guys seem like you all know what your talking about. Appreciate any thoughts, or suggestions to help me make the most out of the rest of the blast.

Other than the hernia I’m feeling strong. My appetites good, sleeps still good, except I’m hot all the time, Johnson still works well, and joints are all good, and the weathers finally cooling off here in Dallas! Here’s where I’m at currently.

@jackolee hey man! Looking great!!! Nice work. For protein your body can essentially handle whatever you toss at it but I would jut stick to 1-1.5 g per pound and manipulate carbs instead.

1 Like

Gotcha… thanks man. Appreciate it. Whatcha think about the whole hernia thing? Think it’s safe to try to work around it?

@jackolee have you had it checked? Those minor annoyances can turn into major issues. The repair is fairly simple. I don’t think it’s something to mess with.

1 Like

Yeah I went in. Two docs. Neither said they could find a hernia, but both appointments were in the morning. It usually stays recessed until later in the afternoon or after a workout if I’m not doing much. They wanted to do a testicular ultrasound and said there’s a hydrocele, no verococele, which was my other concern, and to just carefullly watch.

I’m pretty sure it’s a hernia because it’s gone in the morning and pops out after strenuous activity. I can push it back in and then clinch my abs and pop it back out. Guess I should go back in

BP this morning was 139/69. Pulse 80. Wonder is o should donate blood? HCT was just over 50 at start of the blast.

You keep on impressing me man… way to go.

1 Like

My last blast I was pinning 8 cc’s once per week… lol.

I think that’s fine. It’s actually a little higher than I recommend, but it’s not going to hurt you, your body composition is excellent. I grow best on high carbs, I don’t really change protein intake when on cycle. I just eat more carbs when I want to push bodyweight/strength up. Also I make sure I stay very well hydrated. I think those factors matter more than figuring out perfect protein intake. I’m fairly certain you’re already getting enough.

Had no idea you were in Dallas. What part? I train at Metroflex Plano, Destination Dallas too from time to time. And i know guys at the other Metroflex’s in the area.

1 Like

Dayum! You look sick AF! I was going to post some pics but between you, @physioLojik, @flipcollar and a slew of others I’m going to end up looking like a fat, old man! :joy: :joy:

1 Like

T-Mag had an article about the myths surrounding protein intake and how much our body can assimilate. You might try to find it.

Personally for me, when I was younger and dumber, I was pulling down 300 grams of protein on shakes alone. Couple that with about a dozen eggs and a pound of ground beef every day and it was up there. Only negative for me was the NASTY protein farts from all the eggs :joy:

1 Like

Thanks @flipcollar. I’ll maybe push the carbs a little. I’m in Flower Mound.

Metrofpex eh? I’ve got friends who train at the original Arlington one and Branch and Trish Warrens kid is on my wife’s gymnastics team so he’s kind of been pointing me in the right direction on my journey. I got tired of dues so I built out a space at the house that has pretty much everything I need.

8ccs holy crap! What was in that mix? You shoot both glutes or do quads/delta as well? Anyways thanks for the feedback. Appreciate it

Yeah I notice when my carb protein ratio is off I stink to high heaven. Not a problem right now with 400-500 grams of carbs a day. I think I’ll try to stick to 225-50 going forward.

Nah man! Put up some pics. Sounds like your putting in the work! Other than the occasional ED issue your blast continuing to go well? You able to get your calories in? How’s the weight coming along?

Thanks man! Loosing a little definition in the abs but I already knew that would happen for a little while.

The wife has agreed to take some pics and measurements this weekend so I can track any progress. I’ll put them up next week. The ED has pretty much been taken care of. I got some pramipexole and pushed my test up too. The prami really helped with the prolactin issues almost immediately. I’m not a walking hard-on like I used to be but at least I am responsive to my wife.

2 Likes

Seriously? In 1 syringe? In the Ventrogluteal?

@studhammer Scrwew that man I’m stoked to see your pics!!! You kick ass

You just like my brains! :kissing_heart: :joy:

I was running 1500 test and 600 eq. that was for the last 6 or 8 weeks of my blast. Test was at 750 before that, so it was only 5cc then.

nooooo no no. 3 syringes. I use 3ml syringes.

I’ve never done glutes. I just do quads and delts. So when I was doing that, it was usually 3ccs per quad, then 2 ccs in a delt, and i just alternated delts.

As I’ve mentioned before, I’m lucky enough that my wife pins my glutes. I’ve done big shots in the quad before but it makes me sore.

I’ve tried delts too but had a hard time pushing the plunger