First Blast - Is My Lifting Program Too Ambitious?

Its a ‘good pic’ of me pumped so its not a true representation but thank you. I’m not trying to tout anything just giving constructive advice. I would say give it a go and adjust from there. Maybe its more strenuous then I’m thinking. The only time I get CNS fatigue is from a heavy powerlifting routine. Bodybuilding doesn’t do it to me but we are all different. Run it the first week and adjust from there. I think you may be surprised that some days are tough and other are not so you can tweak it as you see fit.

1 Like

Many confuse CNS fatigue with plain old fatigue. CNS fatigue is something that can happen, but requires lifting heavy, as in a PL meet or a Strongman comp. I know one individual who likely gets it during training because he trains like a madman / idiot. Maxes out on yolk every gym session. Does grinder squats and deadlifts every time he does them.

Regular fatigue needs to be managed too. You will feel tired and weak with regular fatigue. When that happens take a few days off, or back off your training a bit.

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. Well stated.

1 Like

That view is freaking amazing.

Is that an add on to the power rack? I have been looking for an Smith machine add on for my rack.

1 Like

Really? Find it very meager.

Also this program doenst make any sense.

Who the hell came up with this program? Looks both too complicated and dumb at the same time.

Why half workouts 2 times a week or 2 times a day.

It’s better to just do each muscle group on 1 day and hit em hard with every exercise. More than 3 exercises per muscle group.

I used to do splits like this but got less result than when I just hit my muscles hard seperatly in one day 1-2 hours.

Also why count exact reps 8 or 10, like Arnold says, it starts to count when it gets hard.

1 Like

@newbvet it is an adjustable cable system for pull downs, rows, tricep extensions, curls etc. Unfortunately the salt isn’t he air from the sea has fucked it up so it’s no useable anymore.

@giano thank you chiming in.

The program was made by a very high level natural power lifter that has helped me with my training for many years. I tend to push too hard, too often so that is why he has put the reps, as there should be progress each week on the program.

He has told me that later in the program Incan max out the last set of each major exercise, but not to do that in first week or two.

Is there a specific program or two that you would consider ideal for a first blast when someone has the time on lockdown to do whatever is optimal?

Also on a blast how much recovery is really needed? I think the reason some days are quite easy (example: shoulders and arms) is that I get some recovery time in but still get some time building muscle and using up some calories.

It’s just busy work and overly, unnecessarily complicated man. Hitting everything multiple times a week with lower volume as a natural is advantageous, as well as lower volume … but what you’re doing is just unnecessary. Plus you won’t be natural. Keep it more simple, hit it hard in one session per day, and get out and focus on recovery and eating. This doesn’t need to be more complicated.

1 Like

@aaronca any programs you recommend that are tried and tested to be great, considering I don’t have any machines or cables?

I don’t, I design all my own lifting program stuff that I do personally. However, the exercises in the program aren’t the issue, it’s just unnecessary two a day stuff.
If you weren’t on juice, this program could be slightly more advantageous, however still easily doable once a day and still hitting things 2-3x a week effectively.

Yes I basically said the thing.

Oh damn I read it wrong.

I read “so I can imagine this being to strenuous.” instead of can’t, lol, my fault.

1 Like

I think the rationale behind the program is to split up the exercises adequately so he can exercise throughout the day to counteract boredom induced from self isolation

IT looks like a fair amount of volume, through a natural lens it looks too much, I very much doubt I could do all of that and recover, but on a blast with lots of recovery time, it may be doable.

The nice thing is that you can try it and find out for sure, you don’t have to commit to doing the program for 12 weeks once you start it.

Start the program as written, if after a few weeks its clear you aren’t recovering, my adjustmenty would be to add a rest day between your day 3 and day 4 and drop the second squats day (day 6). so its 3 on 1 off 2 on 1 off, rather than 6 / 1.

I have a program I intend to follow for 4 weeks of my 12 week blast. After that I am looking to go for something tried and tested to be super effective. I am eating in a slight calorie surplus at around 2,500 calories.

My goal is to try and put on a serious amount of muscle without getting to fat.

I have no machines or cables. I only have

Power rack
Adjustable bench
Rogue Olympic Power Bar
Hex Bar
Tricep Bar
Dumbbells up to 90lbs

I am 6ft, 195lbs and around 18% BF.

Thanks for the help fellas

up your cals to 3000 minimum

1 Like

You’ve got a power rack and a bench…

You can probably do bench press, squats, ohp (if you’re shoulders can handle it), rows, cleans etc

As to dumbells isolation style exercises can be incorporated… Aside from machines/cables you’re pretty much good to go

If you can’t squat for whatever reason, sprints and clean/front squat and RDL’s should at the very least allow you to maintain muscle mass in you’re legs

Do a program or routine that has been proven to work for YOU. Starting a cycle shouldn’t necessarily mean you change your entire way of lifting. You have surely figured out what works best for you by this time, so stick with it, and just allow the AAS to help enhance what you’re doing.

Depending on your metabolism, and how active you are throughout the day, I’d agree, upping your calories probably helpful.

2 Likes

Thank you @RampantBadger is the increase to 3,000 calories because of the blast?

Should I add it in over time or just go straight to 3,000?

Do I need to add in cardio?

I am concerned with putting on too much fat, but you guys know better.

Also please advise does one consider a blast starting from the first injection or once the higher level of test is active and working throughout the body?

I will checkout this program now.

Thank you

@aaronca what works for me is hitting each body part twice a week. This is what gives me the best results.