T Nation

First Batch of Biotest Supps

I just turned 20 a week ago and decided to order my first batch of Biotest supps. This was in no way an attempt to find the “miracle make me a beast” supplement. I have been training hard and consistent with a steady 100% clean diet and have been making some very good gains. I’m just curious to see if all the buzz about Biotest is. I placed in a order of 2 boxes FINiBARS, 2 bottles of Surge Workout Fuel and 2 bottles of Surge Recovery, since they were all discounted.

My protocol that I will be using is as follows:

-40 minutes 1 FINiBAR
-30 minutes 2 scoops Surge Workout Fuel
-10 minutes 1 scoop Surge Recovery
during workout 1 scoop Surge Recovery
+60 minutes solid meal

I’m on a 2 on 1 off split which is:

Day 1 - Back
Deadlifts
Neutral Grip Pulldown
DB Rows
Underhand Pulldown

Day 2 - Chest/Biceps
Incline Press
Weighted Dips
Flat Press
Flyes

Day 3 - OFF

Day 4 - Legs
Box Squats
5X5 Squats
SLDL
1 burnout set on squats (reduce weight on last set of 5 to 85% and get as many reps as possible)
Leg Curls

Day 5 - Shoulders/Triceps
Shoulder Press
Upright Rows
Lateral Raise
Skullcrushers
Cable Pushdown

Day 6 - OFF

REPEAT CYCLE

Starting Stats:

Height: 6’1"
Weight - 160 lbs in the morning

Squat: 200
Deadlift: 260 (slightly rounded back)
Bench: 185
Military Press: 115 X 4

As you can see my strength is nothing impressive. Again, I’m not doing this protocol as a means of “the magic breakthrough”. I just don’t spend any money so I have a lot of extra cash laying around and thought I would give this a go. My avatar pic was taken just a few days ago so I’ll use that, along with a few other taken around the same time, as my before pictures. Then I’ll take some more in around 2 months when I’ve gone through all of my stash. I’m only using them on my back and leg day as well. I feel my shoulders and chest are my strongest because, like a lot of other stupid gym goers, I first started my lift career with bench press and curls as my main exercise.

Post if you want, let the journey begin.

Good luck, but what are you eating all day? Your “food” intake is the most important thing.

Day 1 Back

Deadlift
135 X 5
185 X 5
205 X 5
225 X 5
235 X 5 PR
240 X 5 PR
265 X 1 PR 5 lbs
^^too easy, gonna shoot for 280 next time which is my goal before 2010

Neutral-Grip Pulldown
165 X 6 PR
155 X 6
155 X 6
Rest-Pause: 150 X 4, 4, 3 (PR 5 reps)

1 Arm DB Rows
60 X 6
65 X 6
65 X 6
Rest-Pause:65 X 5, 3, 2

Underhand Chin-Ups
BW X 6

Under-Hand Pulldowns
150 X 6
Rest-Pause: 135 X 5, 4, 4 (PR 2 reps)

Extreme Stretch:150 held for 30 seconds another 20 seconds

Good question.

Meal 1:
1 cup of dry oats
1 banana
1 scoop whey protein

Meal 2:
2 Detour low sugar protein bars
1 apple

Meal 3:
2 slizes of Ezekial bread
2 big thick slices of turkey
1 grapefruit

Meal 4:
1 can of tuna or salmon
1-2 oz walnuts or 2-4 tbs natural almond butter (with added flax seeds)
1 bowl of broccoli

Meal 5:
same as meal 4

Meal 6:
1 scoop of casein
4 tbs of ground flax seed
cinnamon

It all depends on what day it is though. If it is a back or leg day, i’ll swap out one of the meals with Meal 1 again and use that as my solid meal after my whey pulse after my workouts. Also, i very the serving sizes depending on the day.

I’m thinking of ordering some Peptopro Casein Hydrolysate and using that as my protein pulse after workouts and as a pulse in the morning but I have never done pulsing until now.

Any suggestion?

[quote]ashylarryku wrote:
Good question.

Meal 1:
1 cup of dry oats
1 banana
1 scoop whey protein

Meal 2:
1 apple

Meal 3:
1 grapefruit

Meal 4:
1 can of tuna or salmon
1 bowl of broccoli

Meal 5:
same as meal 4

Meal 6:
1 scoop of casein
cinnamon

Any suggestion?[/quote]

Yes, significantly increase your food intake and don’t be afraid of eating more fat. Actually, you probably need more of everything,

Start by adding 3 whole eggs to your breakfast. Dump the Detour candy bar and eat some red meat a couple times per day. That’s just a start.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:

Good question.

Meal 1:
1 cup of dry oats
1 banana
1 scoop whey protein

Meal 2:
1 apple

Meal 3:
1 grapefruit

Meal 4:
1 can of tuna or salmon
1 bowl of broccoli

Meal 5:
same as meal 4

Meal 6:
1 scoop of casein
cinnamon

Any suggestion?[/quote]

Yes, significantly increase your food intake and don’t be afraid of eating more fat. Actually, you probably need more of everything,

Start by adding 3 whole eggs to your breakfast. Dump the Detour candy bar and eat some red meat a couple times per day. That’s just a start.[/quote]

I actually take in at least 100g of fat per day, not including the 2g of fish oil I take 3X a day. I only have the Detour bars because they are cheap at COSTCO and they are easy to pull out and eat with a piece of fruit during class (I’m in college at Kansas University right now). I have been doing this for a while now and have gained around 10 lbs in a few months. You’re right though, I should do my best to swap out the bars. It’s actually the only thing I eat that comes in a package besides my broccoli :). Thanks for the input.

Any suggestions on pulsing with CH?

Don’t worry about pulsing with CH yet, just increase your food intake in every meal some solid food choices and you’ll be fine.

You might wanna increase the food listed by 50% and see where its at then it might need to be doubled as well, it isn’t very much food at all.

[quote]Higgins wrote:
Don’t worry about pulsing with CH yet, just increase your food intake in every meal some solid food choices and you’ll be fine.

You might wanna increase the food listed by 50% and see where its at then it might need to be doubled as well, it isn’t very much food at all.[/quote]

I think my problem is I don’t eat enough on rest days and compensate on days I lift. But I’ve gained around 10 lbs over the past few months so I guess I’m doing something right. I track my calories on fitday.com and get around 3,300 on lifting days, but almost 4,000 on days I do legs.

Thanks for the input Higgins.

whatever if your gaining your gaining, the point is you will need more food soon

Ya, I have to agree with everyone on this forum. It is very hard to gain a good amount of weight with a completely clean diet. I tried to do so over the summer and my gains just stalled after 10 lb or so regardless of the amounts of clean foods I ate. I am not saying go out and eat ice cream, pizza, and wings, but don’t be afraid to get those calories in with some less-clean food. When bulking, I like to try and keep 70-75 % of the food clean, the other 25 % less-clean lol. Just a thought.

[quote]Kanada wrote:
whatever if your gaining your gaining, the point is you will need more food soon[/quote]

True. I was eating a lot more than this when I first started but I was going around 2 lbs per week and I thought that was a bit much. Now it’s around 1 each week so I’m happy with that. It has started to slow down though so I’ll probably start throwing in a bit more carbs in in the morning.

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:
Ya, I have to agree with everyone on this forum. It is very hard to gain a good amount of weight with a completely clean diet. I tried to do so over the summer and my gains just stalled after 10 lb or so regardless of the amounts of clean foods I ate. I am not saying go out and eat ice cream, pizza, and wings, but don’t be afraid to get those calories in with some less-clean food. When bulking, I like to try and keep 70-75 % of the food clean, the other 25 % less-clean lol. Just a thought. [/quote]

Who said I don’t like to enjoy some shitty foods from time to time? Haha, I just make sure to eat clean on a regular basis cause I know there’s always times when I’m gonna go out to eat with some buddies or my family. This is a win-win cause I know I’m eating clean 90% of the time and don’t have to worry about people thinking I’m weird cause I eat can tuna almond butter and oatmeal.

Chest/Biceps

Incline BB Press
4 Warmup Sets
155 X 5 PR 10 lbs same reps
165 X 2 PR
Rest-Pause: 135 X 7 3 2 PR 3 reps total

Flat DB Press
70 X 6 PR 5 lbs same reps
70 X 4
70 X 2.5
60 X 6

Weighted Dips
45 X 4
25 X 5
Rest-Pause/Dropset: 25 X 5, BW X 5, 4, 1

Incline Flyes
40 X 8 PR
40 X 4
35 X 6
35 X 4

Incline Hammer Curls
35 X 8 PR
35 X 4
30 X 5
30 X 4

Seated Zottman Curls
30 X 5
30 X 5
30 X 5
Rest-Pause: 30 X 6, 3, 2 PR 1 rep

So I’m not using my protocol for chest/biceps or shoulders/triceps but I thought I would post them up anyways. Might be a good way of showing improvements in workouts using the protocol vs. not using the protocol.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:

I actually take in at least 100g of fat per day, not including the 2g of fish oil I take 3X a day. I only have the Detour bars because they are cheap at COSTCO and they are easy to pull out and eat with a piece of fruit during class (I’m in college at Kansas University right now).

I have been doing this for a while now and have gained around 10 lbs in a few months. You’re right though, I should do my best to swap out the bars. It’s actually the only thing I eat that comes in a package besides my broccoli :). Thanks for the input.

Any suggestions on pulsing with CH?[/quote]

I’m on the exact same boat, I carry a lunchpale in my backpack and load it to the max. I use powdered gatorade containers to carry my Surge products, and a Biotest creatine container for my whey. This works really well for me.

I have a parking pass to the rec center on campus so i park there and walk to class. It’s nice because I can bring my shaker bottles already made and leave them in my car and workout whenever i get out of class. I can also leave food in my car and walk to it if I have time between classes but that’s why i like the Detour protein bars. They make shit a lot easier.

Legs

Box Squats
45 X 8
95 X 5
135 X 5
185 X 5
205 X 3
205 X 3

Back Squats
135 X 5
145 X 5
160 X 5
175 X 5
190 X 5 PR

SLDL
135 X 12
185 X 12 PR
205 X 10 PR
185 X 6
185 X 6

Back Squat Burnout (widowmaker)
155 X 21

Seated Leg Curls
105 X 4
90 X 7
Rest-Pause: 90 X 4, 3, 70 X 10

I won’t lie, it kind of sucks doing the workouts with the protocol. All the fluid is kind of hard to stomach. Hopefully my stomach just gets used to all of the liquid I’m consuming. But my back feels fully recovered from the workout a few days ago. I was super sore that night and figured I would be for the next few days but I guess not. I’m liking results so far and I’ve only used the protocol twice. Can’t wait to see results in a couple of months.

So are you starting a training log? There is a seperate section for that if that’s what you intend. Good luck with your goals.

Legs

Box Squats
45 X 8
95 X 5
135 X 5
185 X 5
205 X 3
205 X 3

Back Squats
135 X 5
145 X 5
160 X 5
175 X 5
190 X 5 PR

SLDL
135 X 12
185 X 12 PR
205 X 10 PR
185 X 6
185 X 6

155 X 21

Seated Leg Curls
105 X 4
90 X 7

I won’t lie, it kind of sucks doing the workouts with the protocol. All the fluid is kind of hard to stomach. Hopefully my stomach just gets used to all of the liquid I’m consuming. But my back feels fully recovered from the workout a few days ago. I was super sore that night and figured I would be for the next few days but I guess not. I’m liking results so far and I’ve only used the protocol twice. Can’t wait to see results in a couple of months.

[/quote]
Looks like CT’s recommended leg workout for box squats + widowmaker, heh.

[quote]SolidGround wrote:
So are you starting a training log? There is a seperate section for that if that’s what you intend. Good luck with your goals.[/quote]

i probable should start one and just report to here every now and then with PRs and weight gain updates. thanks man

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

Legs

Box Squats
45 X 8
95 X 5
135 X 5
185 X 5
205 X 3
205 X 3

Back Squats
135 X 5
145 X 5
160 X 5
175 X 5
190 X 5 PR

SLDL
135 X 12
185 X 12 PR
205 X 10 PR
185 X 6
185 X 6

155 X 21

Seated Leg Curls
105 X 4
90 X 7

[/quote]
Looks like CT’s recommended leg workout for box squats + widowmaker, heh.[/quote]

haha, nice spot. yeah except for he recommends front squats but i had already been doing them for a few months and my shoulders were taking a beating so i switched over to back