T Nation

First and Only Cycle Questions

I am have a done good amount of research on gear but cant find an answer to my question.

I am 28 and have been working out off and on for five years. I am 5’9/10 and around 160. I started going back to the gym a few months ago and things are not coming together as quick as they did when I was younger. I lift hard every 48 hours keep a work out log and eat a high protein high calorie diet. I am naturally slim but not rail thin more athletic build with out being big if that makes sense.

I wanted to go on a cycle to gain about 6 lbs in roughly two months and I don’t want this to be water weight. Can I do this in this amount of time or do I need to do the full 12 weeks? Basically I train hard and want the most gain possible for the amount of time I spend in the gym. Also I want to do it as cheap as possible. Not trying to be huge just a little bigger for the summer.

why only 6 lbs? waste of a cycle if you ask me,I’d say just go get some type of weight gainer from the gnc or something

if you cant figure out how to gain 6 pounds in too months naturally with your diet…ehhh forget it …oh boy!

6 lbs. for a cycle. You can do that naturally bro. I did almost 3 times that naturally. I took me a year but its not impossible, and I’m apparently a fat gaining prone hardgainer. As for being a cheapie with gear: ya can’t! I’d give going at it naturally a while longer. Like all the vets tell us we gotta maximize genetic potential before taking the leap. My two centavos.

drink a gallon of water, 8 lbs
take a dump, -2 lbs
goal= met

Thanks for the input. Regardless of gear or no gear I eat as much as I can 6-8 times a day while being conscious of keeping a good fat/protein/carb ratio.I was just trying to get advice from vets. The people that sell them have agendas and the online stuff I read is more tailored towards body builders. I think that my goal is no less valid then a person who’s goal is to break through a plateau. I just want to get the most out of my work outs.

[quote]etstwhile wrote:
Thanks for the input. Regardless of gear or no gear I eat as much as I can 6-8 times a day while being conscious of keeping a good fat/protein/carb ratio.I was just trying to get advice from vets. The people that sell them have agendas and the online stuff I read is more tailored towards body builders. I think that my goal is no less valid then a person who’s goal is to break through a plateau. I just want to get the most out of my work outs.[/quote]

Your thread is listed as “First and Only Cycle Question”. It is rare that anyone ever does only 1 cycle. Making the switch to AAS is usually more than a 1 time shot.

Regardless, 6 pounds is not hard to do in 2 months naturally. Utilize supplements like BCAAs, creatine, ZMA and lots of whey protein. The Biotest store has all you will need to gain your desired amount of muscle. Even if you are eating 8 meals a day you may need to make those meals larger or incorporate some night time eating.

Anyway, for your goals and at this point in your training AAS is not the correct step.