Firestarter by Mara Croft

Thank you very much for the warm welcome you lovely bunch of people :blush:
I feel so good that I finally found an amazing community with great people of all age with same interests and different experience.
@anon71262119 @ChickenLittle @ouroboro_s
@brute_fury I will be following all of you with great interest.:blush:
I will take me a bit more time to look at all logs and to learn how to work faster with te site because the only free time I have is when I am on my way to work and back to home. I travell around an hour and a half one direction so not bad :blush:

@brute_fury I have been living in London for 10 years😊 Great city! I am a restaurant manager as well so what can I say about the food -Amazing😆 The best thing about London is that is a multicultural sity and is known for its food, and there’s no shortage of choice.
No matter what you’re craving or where you’re from here you can find what you’re looking for. :fried_egg::hamburger::cake::cookie::chocolate_bar::candy::lollipop::ice_cream::pizza::meat_on_bone::poultry_leg::fried_shrimp::bread::fries::tropical_drink::wine_glass::cocktail::beer:

4 Likes

What kind of food do you serve?
The Missus and I are visiting London in june :slight_smile:

1 Like

We serve food from all over the world😊
Jerk chicken, Ackee and saltfish, Goatt/chicken/fish/prawn curries wrapped in roti, Srilankan curries…plantain, sweet potato fries, burgers, veg burgers, steaks, fish, diferent salads…

I think the best time to come in London is in June.:sweat_smile:Its not raining too much, and its not cold or hot.
If am in the country and you have time would be lovely to meet you and your missus
On the first picture is my dinner-our Jerk chicken. Not how we serve it (rice and peas and plantain) but with Greek salad. :blush::wine_glass:

6 Likes

That looks bomb.com

I’m over here surviving on ramen and HEB protein shakes and water lol

2 Likes

Hahah @planetcybertron isn’t it :blush:

I am a walking fat and protein bomb😁
By the way I was on autoimmune protocol for around 4 years. The last 5-6 months I successfully reintroduced some food like cheese and yougurt. I was not so lucky with the eggs :cry:
Will try again in 3-4 months.1

Finaly, a day off.:blush:
Today I stayed in bed until noon. I had coffee, ate a banana, threw back a shot of JD and strutted to the gym.
Tightened training, medium to light weight. At no point did I get out of my comfort zone, so I liked it lol.
I tried Zercher for the second time, but when I got to 88 and I had to roll my shirt around the bar, since it began to hurt the inside of my elbow. I’ll have to test out different ways to find the most comfortable position for me.

Warm up:
Zercher squat 10 х 44 lbs , 6 х 66 lbs 5 х 88 lbs
Push press: 12 х 33 lbs , 8, 8 х 55 lbs

1.Superset :
Push press: 5,5,5,5 х 66
Back squat: 8,8,8,8 х 99

2.3 rounds:
Split squat: 8,8,8 (each leg) х 66
Biceps curls : 30,30,30 with 2 dumbbells х 11
Dumbbell lateral raise : 20,20,20 - 2 х 5.5
Dumbbell front raise : 20,20,20 - 2 х 5.5

3.Finisher:
1,2,3,4,5,6,7 reps of Goblet squat + BG goat bag swing :joy: x 26 kettlebell

6 Likes

I can’t say I have tried that pre-workout before :joy:

I love Zerchers but they can be very uncomfortable. My gym has those ‘pussy pads’ that people sometimes use for squats, they can be helpful for the Zerchers. Failing that, a towel or jumper works pretty well.

Good work going on in this log, I’m enjoying the food pics as well!

2 Likes

I love the pre workout shot of JD.

I love the pre shift shot of JD.

I love the camo.

I love the pull ups - that shit is bad ass!

Yep, that’s why I am in.

6 Likes

What?! Someone else takes a shot before working out? Do you sneak a bottle into the gym?

I drank a nice finger of JW Blue prior to going for a 1RM on Deadlifts recently.

1 Like

@Irishman92 :sweat_smile: Try my prework approach next time. Its very Bulgarian haha. You might like the pump it gives you especially before a heavy deadlift workout.
Thanks for the advise about the front squat :blush:as I said before my gym is very old fashioned and there aren’t any pussy pads in it. Next time I will take a towel :wine_glass:

@The_Myth :blush:
Well sometimes I take a shot of Makers Mark :grin: but I personally prefer JD :smiling_imp:
Cheers ! I love camo too don’t laugh :grin::

@dchris Well …not a bottle but I always carry a JD hip flask in my bag. :laughing:
I got my best results in the gym always after a shot of JD :grinning:

5 Likes

There are days (although very few) in which I feel completely rested and charged with energy. Today it was one of them. With the awakening, I realized it would be a great day.
I drank coffee with gelatine, coconut butter and maca powder, threw back another shot of JD and was ready for miracles of heroism.
It is true that my gym is missing a lot of things like weights and cables and machines, but nothing can replace the fact that it’s 30 seconds away from us. :grinning:
Everything went well. Felt the front squat at the beginning a bit heavy.
Then it was super light (it was actually, 30 kilos haha), but a wonderful combination with the Renegades and without any breaks.
At the end the Romanian and the weighted plank fried me, but now I’m grinning like an idiot.

Warm up:
Front squat: 10 x bar, 3 x 66, 3 x 88 lbs

1.Front squat: 3,3,3,3,3 x 99

2.Superset:
Front squat: 10,10,10,10 x 66
Renegade row: 9,9,9,9 with 2 x 33 each hand

3.Superset:
Romanian deadlift: 8,8,8 x 143
Weighted plank: 60,60,60 sec. + 22 lbs

The food:
Banana and protein pancakes-post workout.
Meat balls for dinner.

4 Likes

I’m going to try that on Saturday for my deadlift session. One shot of JD on a cold Denver morning before hitting the gym seems fitting to me!

Personally I find the shots work best hours after the gym session is done lol.

@mara_croft those pancakes look amazing!!!

3 Likes

I didn’t have much time today, but somehow managed to find a way to organise myself betfter and after the usual JD routine went to thee gym.

Warming up:
Deadlift : 3 х 121, 3 х 143 , 6 х 165

1.Deadlift : 3,3,3 х 187 ; 6,6 х 165

2.Superset:
Sumo deadlift from deficit : 8,8,8 х 121
Renegade row : 10,10,10 each hand with 2 х 27.5

3.Crunches + 11 lb: 20,20,20 + heels touches: 80,80,80

Very satisfying second workout for the week.
I really hope to have time for a third one :blush::wine_glass:

20180411_183531

5 Likes

Nice workout and a very nice looking plate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are your weights in kg or lbs??? Nice looking food in here :slight_smile:

1 Like

@mortdk :blush:Thank you very much!
@littlelee In lbs :blush: I wish I was so strong…:grinning:
I used kg to describe the first workout I wrote here. After that I saw that everyone is using lbs so decided to do the same.:wine_glass:

1 Like

Oh ok, I was hoping it was lbs!! Nice lifting!

1 Like

If we stick together we can beat back those 'muricans and their crazy units of measurement :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I use Kilograms, then again I’m Australian so I’m already backward enough with trying to convert things to lbs

1 Like

Try being their northern neighbour. Most adults know a mix system.

2 Likes