T Nation

Firebug's Training Videos

7/29/08 Squat training

Awesome!

[quote]cheeta wrote:
I LOVE YOU :stuck_out_tongue: LOL! you rock[/quote]

Yeah!

fantastic.

I feel weak… and more determined. Thanks for putting those up, quite inspirational.

Wow. You Rock!

I think I’m going to start doing jump squats (is that what you would call them).

There are 144 videos…I got completely sucked in. Thanks for posting them.

Signed,
Emily, who is also feeling weak. :slight_smile:

Thanks Firebug

it was inspirational and instructive to see you do that explosive pop up at the end of your lift

Excellent work. Very motivational and inspiring even for a male. Thanks for sharing.

I am glad you all find my torture interesting ;). Tomorrow will be deadlifts (unless I am up all night at work). Thanks to all of you for taking time to watch them.

144 videos!!! WOOHOO! Should get through them just in time for the new Deadlift videos!

Thank you SOOOOOOOO much for sharing firebug.

Are you tired of hearing you’re an inspiration yet? I hope not. You are! : )

[quote]firebug9 wrote:
I am glad you all find my torture interesting ;). Tomorrow will be deadlifts (unless I am up all night at work). Thanks to all of you for taking time to watch them.[/quote]

Yes!

More torture!

[quote]Christine wrote:
firebug9 wrote:
I am glad you all find my torture interesting ;). Tomorrow will be deadlifts (unless I am up all night at work). Thanks to all of you for taking time to watch them.

Yes!

More torture![/quote]

Torture is about right.

Good to see you again, Malinda:)

7/31 Deadlift training

Before this I did some snatch pulls and high pulls that I did not tape. Also on the 30th was bleacher (run/walk) 100 reps of 15 steps/ each rep was up and down.

[quote]MsM wrote:
Christine wrote:
firebug9 wrote:

Yes!

More torture!

Torture is about right.

Good to see you again, Malinda:)[/quote]

Thanks Susan… have missed ya! Do you still hear from g’em or proxy?

I’m really enjoying your training videos!
Question though:
What is the significance of rolling the barbell back towards as you lower it and start the move again in the deadlift? Momentum?
Or maybe you didn’t realize you were doing it?
Its just nothing I noticed before!

THANKS!!

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:
I’m really enjoying your training videos!
Question though:
What is the significance of rolling the barbell back towards as you lower it and start the move again in the deadlift? Momentum?
Or maybe you didn’t realize you were doing it?
Its just nothing I noticed before!

THANKS!![/quote]

I am stopping between reps to decrease my use of momentum. I roll the bar to re set up each rep. It is my attempt to make sure I am in the right position each time, not that it always works ;).

[quote]Firebug9 wrote:
7/31 Deadlift training

Before this I did some snatch pulls and high pulls that I did not tape. Also on the 30th was bleacher (run/walk) 100 reps of 15 steps/ each rep was up and down.

[/quote]

Mor torture. Whoo Hoo!

I’d love to see your other lifts too… the snatch and high pulls.

[quote]Christine wrote:
Firebug9 wrote:
7/31 Deadlift training

Mor torture. Whoo Hoo!

I’d love to see your other lifts too… the snatch and high pulls.

[/quote]

Sorry, Maybe next week I will tape them. Really did not think they would show that much. I am sure my form is not very good on them – it is a new movement and definently a work in progress ;).

Bench training 8/01/08

Again I was at the gym about an hour and a half before ever benching – I also had done cable row, push press and wide grip pull ups prior to benching…then there was some other stuff after benching…

Push press

Bench

Close grips – only taped one set

Oh, holy hell woman! Has anyone ever told you that are you STRONG?! lol…duh, you probably already know that…
I like how fired up you are after the lifts…

If you don’t mind, could you give a brief history into all things Firebug? :slight_smile:

I remember you posting a long time ago(even in f-heit) but I don’t think I followed along…and Im sure there are many here would like to get to know you better as well!