Firebug's Road to Recovery & Nationals

Training for the past week or so…

29 January – Flash over chamber…

We had fire training today for about 4 hrs in bunker gear and air packs. Then into a very hot conex with lots of fire… it was very cool training and the most fire I have seen in a long time.

30 Jan Sauna

31 Jan Dead lift

135x8, 250x6, 300x4, 340x2x2 – no suit on today, no help – just a belt

1 Feb Bleachers – walk/run 32 minutes

2 Feb Bench

Barx10, 115x8, 145x6, 182x2, shirt on – 210x3(two board), 230x2(one board/no board)
240x1 with commands – easy lift

3 Feb Squat

barx6, 135x8, belt 190x6, suit(straps down, knee wraps) 260x4, 320x2, 352x1, straps up 365x1

Wow, looking good and kicking ass.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Wow, looking good and kicking ass.

[/quote]

Thanks!

This weeks training… working up to openers in gear:

Sunday 8 Feb – Squats

Bar x 5, 135 x 6, 205 x 6(belt)
Suit straps down, knee wraps, belt
285 x 3, 335 x 1
straps up
363 x 2

Monday 9 Feb, Bench –

bar x 10, 115 x 8, 150 x 4
Shirt
215 x 2 (1board, 0board)
226 x 2 no board and commands

So my openers will be (in KG’s)
Squat 165
Bench 102.5
Dead 165

Go rock it out girl!
Your openers are just sick, I love it.
3 Lifts, 9 chances, 0 excuses (OK I stole that).
WHITE LIGHTS!!!

[quote]dianab wrote:
Go rock it out girl!
WHITE LIGHTS!!![/quote]

She’s obscene! Her openers are around my planned third attempts…except for the bench, which is planned to be several pounds lighter.

:slight_smile:

Edit: I just re-read this, and wanted to clarify that MY bench will be several pounds lighter…I don’t want to get to Miami and have to explain my imprecise language!

Hi there FireBug! I am knew around these parts. From the little I have read of past post and other areas of the forums I admire your hard work and great personality! Being in the medical field I can pic up on basically what is going on in your life. As a fellow firefighter and lifter my support is with you.

As you know to well you never leave your partner behind. My prayers and thoughts are with you! Keep pushing forward in the gym and in life!

Have a great day and God Bless!

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
dianab wrote:
Go rock it out girl!
WHITE LIGHTS!!!

She’s obscene! Her openers are around my planned third attempts…except for the bench, which is planned to be several pounds lighter.

:slight_smile:

Edit: I just re-read this, and wanted to clarify that MY bench will be several pounds lighter…I don’t want to get to Miami and have to explain my imprecise language![/quote]

No explaination needed :wink:

I will see you soon! Be there in less than 48 hrs – just gotta survive this 24 at work. It has been crazy around here!

[quote]FireRN wrote:
Hi there FireBug! I am knew around these parts. From the little I have read of past post and other areas of the forums I admire your hard work and great personality! Being in the medical field I can pic up on basically what is going on in your life. As a fellow firefighter and lifter my support is with you.

As you know to well you never leave your partner behind. My prayers and thoughts are with you! Keep pushing forward in the gym and in life!

Have a great day and God Bless!

[/quote]

First off Welcome to the Nation – and Thank You for the well wishes.

Pushing is what I do best :wink:

Stay safe out there.

[quote]dianab wrote:
Go rock it out girl!
WHITE LIGHTS!!![/quote]

Thanks! I am gonna try my best…

I love your attitude and keep up the hard work!

I hope your 24 goes smoothly and you are (relatively) stressfree going into the meet. I’d say good luck but you don’t seem to need to rely on luck to get where you want to be. How about kick ass :slight_smile:

Good Luck Malinda!!!

Claire

So another meet is in the books…not a bad meet at all. With all things considered – I am pleased with how the day went and even more so with what I learned about myself.

I totaled 460 kg – moved up a weight class which does not seem to help me what so ever, but it is what it is.

Got two squats - -175kg being my best and easier than my first.

Only got one bench – my opener at 102.5 even though I did get 115 off my chest and was pushing it out when the head ref decided to have the spotters take the bar.

Deadlift I got two – the first two. Tried 197.5 but it only made it to my knees – which I found funny as my first two flew off the floor…oh well.

So best squat was 175, bench 102.5 and dead was 182.5

It is late and I am tired…more later.

Malinda

Thanks for the update. I’m glad to hear it went well for you. Those are really impressive lifts.

I hope you got some videos to post for us all.

I think my daughter and a friend taped the lifts – but I will check when I do get home. It is off to the airport in a few hours…

Thanks - I am shooting for a 500kg total soon… just hope it gets in the target for me soon.

Malinda

I think the bar’s gravity was funny, because my second and third deadlift broke off the ground relatively easily and stalled. Maybe there were invisible bands on it.

I was upset that I didn’t get to see you lift…but I really was glad I got to see and meet you. :slight_smile:

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
I think the bar’s gravity was funny, because my second and third deadlift broke off the ground relatively easily and stalled. Maybe there were invisible bands on it.

I was upset that I didn’t get to see you lift…but I really was glad I got to see and meet you. :slight_smile: [/quote]

I am glad we got to talk alittle anyways. Sorry it was not longer. And Yeah, I would agree with the funny gravity, kinda like they had a switch to turn on and off :wink:

Maybe we will have longer next year to chat – maybe even dinner or something, I know eating at a meet is a novel thought and all.

Malinda

[quote]Firebug9 wrote:
So another meet is in the books…not a bad meet at all. With all things considered – I am pleased with how the day went and even more so with what I learned about myself.

I totaled 460 kg – moved up a weight class which does not seem to help me what so ever, but it is what it is.

Only got one bench – my opener at 102.5 even though I did get 115 off my chest and was pushing it out when the head ref decided to have the spotters take the bar.

Deadlift I got two – the first two. Tried 197.5 but it only made it to my knees – which I found funny as my first two flew off the floor…oh well.

Malinda[/quote]

Good work! After all that has been going on in the past few months too. I’m glad you are happy with your results, you set the bar high for us to follow you.
Now rest and eat!

[quote]dianab wrote:
Firebug9 wrote:

Malinda

Good work! After all that has been going on in the past few months too. I’m glad you are happy with your results, you set the bar high for us to follow you.
Now rest and eat!
[/quote]

I am gonna do both as much as the doc’s will allow :wink:

Thanks Diana!