FIREADY Strong Plan

I’m sorry - I may have misread; I was referring to a bear crawl. I see your question further down the list; I don’t know what that crawling is - we’ll wait on Coach!

Bear Crawl is so good you do it twice.

“Bear Crawl, running on all four”

1 Like

Well there you go; already officially answered. Thanks!

1 Like

Maybe I’ll try some Crab Walk to be a rebel.

1 Like

I threw in a pub crawl

1 Like

That’s a Great way to spend a Sunday!

1 Like

What is the difference between Days 2 and 4 in Block 1, Aerobic Power vs. Endurance Strength? As I get older, I’m taking more of an interest in adding HR zone training for overall health, and I currently differentiate between Zone 2 workouts (45 min on the elliptical, slow and boring) and Zone 4/5 workouts (kb swings, sandbag carries, etc., fast and explosive). The two days here seem like they’d be all in Zones 3-5, training the same energy systems.

Strength-endurance has a higher muscle/force component, aerobic power is more about the energy system

2 Likes

Block 2, Day 3 says this:

• Do the strength movements (A1, B1) with a challenging weight, keeping around 2 reps in the tank. Add resistance to each set with descending reps.
  • Use the same weight on the lifting exercises (A1, B1) from set to set with descending reps.

So do you add weight with each set of the strength movement or keep it the same?

Thanks!

@Christian_Thibaudeau sled rope pull X 1, what length of rope are you referring to? Since they range from 20-60 ft, wanted to make sure I was doing the correct distance.

What’s an substitute exercise for tire strikes as I lack a tire? Battle ropes? Cant wait to start the program and thank you!

This program looks killer

Hi @Christian_Thibaudeau ! Great program. I’ve followed them exactly and am in the best physical condition of my life. Thank you. What program would you recommend following now after the fire ready strong program? Thanks CT!

@Christian_Thibaudeau Hi Coach,
Loving this program… about to wrap up Block 1. Had a quick question about Block 2 Day 3 Power.
There is a conflicting description one sentence says add resistance with descending reps, and the third point says to keep the same weight. Just curious which it should be?

On the power days, stick with the same weight as the reps decrease. This is to allow for the reps to stay explosive even as fatigue sets in.

Thanks Coach @Christian_Thibaudeau! The reps decrease from week to week should I aim to increase weights week to week? on the RDL and Incline Bench?

and sorry Day 2 Anaerobic capacity has the same sets/reps for A1/B1 lifting exercises each week should I try to increase weight week to week?

Yes, that you should. It’s the reason why the reps change from week to week