Finished my Second Meet

I recently competed at a USPA meet in Fresno, CA., two Saturdays ago. Competed in the 198 class, hitting a 424lb squat, 275lb bench (failed 297), and a 462lb, totaling 1,161.

My squats: 375, 394, and 424.

My benches: 255, 275, and 297.

My deads: 391, 424, and 462.

Nice hair.

Nice work.

Very nice

Nice work, how was the competition? How did you place? Looking to get into Powerlifting myself and have very similar numbers as you, just looking for any comments from experience!

@littlesleeper, the competition was pretty fun. The pacing of it was very nice and smooth, the environment and tone was productive to big lifting, and the fellow competitors were all super friendly.

I competed in the Raw divison, 198lb weight class, and I got third place in my division.

If you haven’t done a meet yet, look for one near you within the next 2-5 months and consider doing it. Everyone at the meet is supportive regardless of your weights or experience, and prepping for meet, doing a meet, and finishing a meet are all such exciting processes. Plus it really helps you focus in on your training.

Well done dude.

[quote]HalloweenJesus wrote:
@littlesleeper, the competition was pretty fun. The pacing of it was very nice and smooth, the environment and tone was productive to big lifting, and the fellow competitors were all super friendly.

I competed in the Raw divison, 198lb weight class, and I got third place in my division.

If you haven’t done a meet yet, look for one near you within the next 2-5 months and consider doing it. Everyone at the meet is supportive regardless of your weights or experience, and prepping for meet, doing a meet, and finishing a meet are all such exciting processes. Plus it really helps you focus in on your training.[/quote]

Thank you for the response. Very encouraging. I think I will spend this winter (next 6 months or so) running some powerlifting style programs and come spring I’ll enter my first competition under the 198lb weight class.

Do you have your next meet or two planned out already?