Finished Living Like This

It’s currently 1:09 AM on July 4th. I’m supposed to be getting up at 7:30 AM, but I can’t fall asleep. Why? A girl I’ve liked for awhile has as of today started going out with one of my best friends, and it’s my fault it happened. I never pursued her because of my horrible physique, and now it’s screwed me.

I’ve never really pursued anyone I’ve liked because of it, and I’m sick of living that way. I won’t even go to places like the beach with friends because of it. It’s really pathetic, and I need to change.

My problem isn’t motivation, nor is it desire, nor is it knowledge. My problem is application. I understand how to eat correctly. I’ve read all of Dr. Berardi’s writings, etc. I understand how to work out correctly. But I cannot build a program between the two to fit what I specifically want to do. I understand the basics, but it’s the application to me specifically that I have trouble with.

Currently I’m 20 years old and turn 21 on the 20th of this month. I’m 6’0" and 187 pounds. I realize my weight isn’t all that high, but the problem is my body fat percentage.

I don’t know what it is specficaly, but it has to be pretty high. I have no definition whatsoever. The only veins that are visible on me are on my hands…sometimes. I have a layer of fat covering all areas of my body, and an especially high percent around the middle. I don’t have any pics at the moment as it’s pretty late at night and I had to get this off my chest as soon as I could, but I will update this thread if they are needed.

As for what I want to do, it’s pretty simple. I don’t desire to be absolutely frickin’ huge. That’s not my thing. I know that’s kind of contrary to the site and to what a lot of people on here go for, but that’s not me. What I do want to do is have a low body fat percentage. I want to be able to see my muscle, and to see my veins. It’s a pretty simple goal theoretically, but I’m lost on how to get there.

I realize having a low body fat percentage and having little to no muscle is pointless, but I’m OK there. I do have a decent muscle build on me, but it’s just buried at the moment. I know what I consider to me decent and what many on here consider to be decent are two diferent things, but I’m OK with what I have. Again, pics will help describe this better so I will post them when I have them available.

I have pretty much anything I need available to me to help me out. I have a membership to Gold’s, I’m currently sitting on about a years supply of Metabolic Drive, and can order any other suppliments I need. So that shouldn’t be a major issue.

Basically what I need from T-Nation is an outline. I need to know what I should eat, when I should work-out, and what I should be doing when working out. I understand this isn’t a small favor I ask, but I really need it. I’d even go as far as paying someone for a nicely laid out plan. I’m just sick of living the way I am. I think about how I’ve treated myself over the past few years and it makes me want to puke.

Assuming you’ve actually read all of this, I appreciate any help I get. Most of you are probably reading this and saying oh boo hoo, the poor fat boy is sad, but this means a lot to me. Again, I appreciate any help and please let me know what other information I can provide that will help you help me (Jerry McGuire). Thanks alot.

[quote]Myllz wrote:

My problem isn’t motivation, nor is it desire, [/quote]

I honestly think that these are you problems. If you had the deisre and you had the motivation you would have done something about it by now.

This is a cool article:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1080542

Work out what you want, and why you want it. If it is not for you, if you are only doing it to get women, you have a good chance of failing.

If you really want this. Read some articles on nutrition and training and then start doing something about it.

Just wanna say don’t listen to the jerks who are about to criticize you for desiring to lean out instead of ‘bulking’ and turning yourself into a fat fuck. Your goal is honorable and fuck anyone who doesn’t like it. This site is all things physicality, whatever your goal is, not just ‘bulking’ (basically a euphamism for gluttony). Good luck

type less, make it happen

Hey, I found a cool site that has all the information you need.

http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=05-009-diet

You don’t have much to loose so GL.

[quote]helga wrote:
Myllz wrote:

My problem isn’t motivation, nor is it desire,

If it is not for you, if you are only doing it to get women, you have a good chance of failing.[/quote]

The woman thing was just the breaking point. The bottom line is that it’s prohibiting me from living my life the way I want to.

I suppose I’ll just need to make my own plan. I’ll start reading up some more and design something for myself. I guess the reason I didn’t feel up to doing this myslf before was because I didn’t want to waste anymore time by creating a plan myelf that may not work. But I suppose I can overcome that by making something then posting it on here for review by some of you guys. I’ll do that and see where I’m at.

Out of the thousands of articles on here you cant find a program and diet to match your goals?

So I guess your goals are other than hypertrophy, fat loss, powerlifting, olympic lifting, bodybuilding, athletic performance, strongman.

Please, tell me of your unique goals.

I find it hard to believe that you cant use any of the generic programs here as a starting point which will meet 90% of your needs.

I suppose what I asked for wasn’t very clear. I’m not asking for a brand NEW program. I want to use the T-Nation programs because I know they’re good. That’s not the issue. My problem was which one(s), and in what sequence. But like I said in my last post, I’ll start reading back and see if I can see which programs will be good for me and try to put them with a good eating plan.

Youth is wasted on the young.

Dude, what the heck are you doing, just pick any program and do it. You are young. Stuff the girl there are countless thousands of them. Your problem is you are young and don’t really know what you want and aren’t going for it. You gotta work on that, not think of girls, get it happening, in 6 months you can be a new man, in better shape physically and more importantly (especially to women), confidence/emotionally/go-gettery. It is that, not appearance, that gets girls fired up. And if you are suited to each other then it will work out nicely.

Don’t try and work it out in advance, work on this principle

Do it
check it is working
adjust it if it is not working

[quote]Myllz wrote:
The woman thing was just the breaking point. The bottom line is that it’s prohibiting me from living my life the way I want to.
[/quote]

Take it from somebody who has been there. Women will love you and they’ll probably leave you, but you have your body forever. I don’t care how hot, perfect, or in love with you she is. Don’t base your life on her. If she’s really for you, she’ll come to you.

[quote]
I suppose I’ll just need to make my own plan. I’ll start reading up some more and design something for myself. I guess the reason I didn’t feel up to doing this myslf before was because I didn’t want to waste anymore time by creating a plan myelf that may not work.[/quote]

At your state, doing something, ANYTHING, is better than typing here and still doing nothing. You don’t need to design a program. You’re apparently a beginner and beginners can get away with doing a routine outlined here to the letter rather than make a program.

[quote]Magarhe wrote:

Dude, what the heck are you doing, just pick any program and do it. You are young. Stuff the girl there are countless thousands of them. Your problem is you are young and don’t really know what you want and aren’t going for it. You gotta work on that, not think of girls, get it happening, in 6 months you can be a new man, in better shape physically and more importantly (especially to women), confidence/emotionally/go-gettery. It is that, not appearance, that gets girls fired up. And if you are suited to each other then it will work out nicely.

Do it
check it is working

[/quote]

If his basic understanding of what his goals even are is screwed up, he won’t be making much progress at all. Anyone who tells this kid that he shouldn’t approach his weight lifting as if he is trying to GAIN is doing him a disservice. It doesn’t matter if he wants to be ripped. He won’t get there if he somehow thinks that you train differently for his goals than anyone else’s. That is where he is screwing up and “billigerant’s” post shows that very few people on this site even understand this.

You’re depressed, of course you’re not motivated.

phew!!!i read the title and thought you were gonna top yourself!Mate,stop waiting for the "ulimate"programme and first thing when you get up get moving!go to the gym,go for a run,a walk a bike ride,hell have an expresso and beat off furiously for 20minutes!!do something,anything,but get off yr ass.no more excuses,seriously your spending to much time analyzing and not enuf doing.i know cause i just put a match to my own ass so to speak(no i wasnt lighting my farts)but id gotten out of shape,lost size and was 10kg over weight.
I was miserable and looked and felt like shit,but thru no ones fault but mine.So you have to go without a few beers or whatever,fuckit,the next awesome workout you have will leave you buzzing far more than anything else(part from nailing that hotti you wanted)but if you get off yr ass and get amongst it youll be fitter,leaner,and have more self esteem,and maybe that girl you liked may just sit up and take notice.(if not,your young and have plenty of time to get stuck in…so stop reading and start moving!

Whah. I couldn’t even read through this entire post. Your goal is fat loss apparently. Pick a program on this site geared toward that [say 10x3] for fat loss and pair it with a Berardi diet or the T-Dawg. Lifting hard to maintain the muscle you have. You can tailor things more later once you have some solid training and eating under your belt. DO something.

i totally agree.

if uve truly read all of JB’s stuff then ud know that he says if your goal is body comp, then intially you must forget about body comp

just get out there and do it

most beginners can train nearly any damn way and make progress because pretty well any form of exercise is such a shock to the system, its gonna create a stimulus for adaption

beginners also tend to be able to drop bodyfat and gain muscle mass at the same time, much easier than experienced lifters

so dont worry too much about trying to “match” a program with a diet

follow JBs 7 habit by priortizing carbs to mainly post workout, veggies with each meal etc., choose any program on this site (although i recommend full body workouts for beginners, so something by Chad Waterbury may be best), and then monitor ur progress… thats it bud

making up lame excuses such as not being able to find a good program is just another way to procrastinate and keep u out of the gym… and im not saying that to be rude, just to be honest and perhaps motivating… start today and just do it

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Magarhe wrote:

Do it
check it is working

If his basic understanding of what his goals even are is screwed up, he won’t be making much progress at all. Anyone who tells this kid that he shouldn’t approach his weight lifting as if he is trying to GAIN is doing him a disservice. It doesn’t matter if he wants to be ripped. He won’t get there if he somehow thinks that you train differently for his goals than anyone else’s. That is where he is screwing up and “billigerant’s” post shows that very few people on this site even understand this.[/quote]

I agree. If his mentality is to “lose” rather than “gain” then he could fall into the cardio/light weight trap. Cardio and light weights have their place in any program, but the training philosophy for someone looking to lean up, or add mass is virtually the same: Hard and Heavy. Don’t get caught up in the myth that light weight for high reps will get you “cut” because it won’t. All you’ll do is spin your wheels.

That primary difference between cutting and bulking is nutrition. Utilize the info on this site to develop a nutrition plan designed to shed some bodyfat, but train heavy all the time. Good luck.

Bango

I’m a beginner as well, and I’ve been seeing some good gains just doing anything.

I’m trying to build some muscle mass, as well as reducing body fat, and I’m seeing veins, and even starting to see some abs.

What I do is just basically cut carbs to below 50g or so per day (sometimes I’ll have an orange juice or something before a workout though), and protein above 200g per day, on a diet like this I’d reccommend taking a few fiber caps per day. I supplement with CLA, omega-3, some good multivits, 400% RDA of zinc, and I’m currently using hydroxycut, although when I finish this bottle I’m going to cease that. For protein, I’m using basically eating as much meat, eggs, cheese as possible, whey protein shakes 1-2 per day, also I’ve just started using micellar casein shakes, once per day.

Initially I was doing more cardio than I am now, every time I went lifting, I’d start by running about 2km, then go through an upper body program consisting mostly of working with free weights, bench pressing, and using those wire-pulling things (my training-vocabulary sucks, sorry). Afterwards I’d run maybe 3km.

A couple of weeks in I changed things a bit, I never do cardio before lifting, and I only do it about every other time I train, but try and fit in as much cardio on my off days as possible (cycle for 20-30km, or run about 5km).

Like I say, I’m a beginner, and this is probably far from perfect, but I’m just testing the water, seeing what works and not. This is my fifth week, and I’ve gained about 8-10lbs according to the scales, my arms are bigger, so is my chest, my gut has shrunken, and my running endurance is up. All in all, I’m satisfied, and aware that most of my gains are due to the fact I’m just starting out.

So my advice; you’ve read a lot, you know a few things, you have a gym membership, just START already. Also if motivation is a factor, get a gym partner, who’s not a complete idiot.