T Nation

Finished H-Drol Cycle - Results and Question

I just finished my last day of a 6-week H-Drol cycle (75mg throughout) and will start PCT tomorrow (40,40,20,20 Tamoxifen + support supps). This is a first cycle of anything for me. I know this is of little interest to many of you, but I would highly appreciate your feedback to my question in the last paragraph since this forum is full of very knowledgeable people and has helped me prepare for this. I want to do another cycle of hdrol (75-100MG for 6 weeks) before jumping into the real stuff (probably a test only cycle first).

Stats: 6’0". 200lb. ~11-12% bodyfat Training for 4 years. Diet is clean.
Gains: ~8-10 lb lean mass
Side Effects: I’m prone to MPB and take Finasteride. I had no increased shedding or receding hairline at all. My libido was high throughout. No signs of gyno, acne, or water retention. BP was slightly elevated, but nothing to worry about. I was also sweating more.

As you can see, I had virtually no side effects, except for one thing: lethargy. It seriously was kicking my ass in the last week of the cycle. I’ve never felt like this nor was I expecting it. I know it’s because of shutdown in test production.

My question is, what can I take or do (besides caffeine/ephedrine lol) to combat lethargy? Some people seem to suggest DHEA. Any experience with that or anything else? FYI I get 7-8 hours of sleep. Thank you!

From my experience you just gotta push through it. Ive done Hdrol before and i totally understand that feeling it sucks!!! Get a preworkout so you can get through your lift and take some naps during the day . Thats what really helped me out… id sleep 8 hrs at night and then around 2 take an hr nap and i was gtg after that!

[quote]jimbopv123 wrote:
From my experience you just gotta push through it. Ive done Hdrol before and i totally understand that feeling it sucks!!! Get a preworkout so you can get through your lift and take some naps during the day . Thats what really helped me out… id sleep 8 hrs at night and then around 2 take an hr nap and i was gtg after that![/quote]Thanks for the response! Unfortunately a nap is just not possible for me (hell, getting even 8 hours in was a major pain in the ass).

I’m going to try to run some ephedrine and a PWO while keeping a close watch on my blood pressure/heart rate for my next hdrol cycle. If I still feel like shit, I might just go ahead and jump into my test-e cycle quicker than I was thinking of. By the way, while my libido was still pretty high, I should note that the final week I was noticeably a little less horny.