Finish What You Started

awww, Thanks CB(the ‘C’ really stands for Care, right?) hehe

Soldiering on from here…one day at a time.

I’m ready to kick some dieting butt. Been ‘bulking,’ this month. So those last 10lbs have more than likely turned into 15.

I seem to get within range of something I really want and then I get scared off or ‘take a break.’

Happy late Birthday and Hugz to you girlie!

MiM, I know what you mean about the dieting. I get to a point where I’m reasonably happy but know I could look even better…and then I relax. And the weight starts going on again. I just get dieting fatigue. Dieting is very much a head game, especially for someone like me who has a past history of disordered eating. Grrr.
Anyway, you’re a strong-willed woman. I’m sure you’ll be back on track within no time.

Thanks for the e-hugz, Alpha.

Cal- dieting is indeed mentally tough. I want to be done, so I don’t have to do it again! Of course there will always be something to improve upon though. But I don’t mind. After dieting, I am looking forward to refining. That seems like a less harsh word.

Well, here I go off into a new week!

I like the word “refining”. Happy late b-day, and hang in there. Its hard to believe its already almost September!

The site is being weird and I couldn’t log on for hours. I felt naked not logging my training as soon as I got home!

Tried something different and mainly did unilateral leg stuff. Felt weird but at least I tried. I know the importance of the compound moves. It was mainly cause my back is still twisted and my shoulder is being niggly…that hurty pec thing creeped up as I was cleaning my carpets yesterday…wth?! But it went away.

Split squat(dynamic lunge) whateverthehellyouwannacallit!
4x8x85
no rest
Seated leg curl
4x8x70
rest 30s, repeat

Circuit- 10 reps/4x
BB step up-bar
planks- 30s
ball jacknife
leg ext- 95#
ball rollout

3x10
pushups- feet on bench(felt better to the shoulder, weird)
pullups- asst, -70, blah

gg/bg machine
2x20x115

single leg hypers- ow

5 min on bike

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:
I felt naked not logging my training as soon as I got home!

[/quote]

Do you have pictures to share how you felt? Just kidding.

I think I forgot to wish you a happy birthday. You’re like 15, right?

haha.

Thanks K, Nope, I’m 12!

Today is the day. This is isn’t any easier for him. It helps to have the constant support of his family. I’m not the only one wishing for his safe return.
Before he goes, he gets to hear the President speak. Words of encouragement?

Yesterday was 100% compliant with food. No bites licks or tastes of anything that was not mine.

mixed berried
string cheese
2 oz of pork

about 13oz of steak
green beans
mixed fruit

2 hamburger patties loaded
with ketchup
1 tomato

I feel like smashing this diet in the face…I’m not afraid, but feeling mad today. That was an unexpected feeling. I’m going to keep it and use it as needed.

Went on a walk…
felt like walking straight towards TX where the hubby is awaiting his flight to go ‘over there.’ and clinging to his leg begging him not to go. But that would be selfish. He has a job to do and so do I. And that’s to be brave and strong, because he has to be brave and strong.

He has people counting on him to do a good job. And I got people counting on me! This is the pinnacle of his career in the military. He has been all around the world, but never placed directly in the middle of a war zone.
Whatever you believe in or pray to, keep him and his fellow soldiers in your thoughts. Thanks.

Happy belated B-day! Nice split squats and leg curls btw!

Hang in there momma e-hugz

Lol @ the little one in daddy’s arms. HA! She does look like trouble!!

What’s the split squat - the Bulgarian Split Squat? Love it! Soooo good for the booty. And I agree, compound moves are great, but unilateral does have its place.

And what are these single leg hypers?! Is that a regular hyper but with one leg extended outward? What does it do?! MUST TRY!!

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:
He has a job to do and so do I. And that’s to be brave and strong . . .
[/quote]

You don’t have to be brave and strong all the time. We all need to let down some. I sense your frustration with your husband leaving and I imagine it’s incredibly difficult to be so disciplined with your diet at a time when emotions are running high. Hang in there. We’ll all support you as best we can.

Winston Churchill:
“This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.”

I’d be a fool if I said I wasn’t scared. But having and holding onto fear can make you insane. I’ve learned a long time ago that there is no sense worrying over things I can’t control.

What I CAN control is the here and now; my actions and my choices. If I feel like breaking down, I’ll go do it in my pillow when no one is aware. I can’t stand some of these girls on FB who are my ‘friends,’ who cry and complain about there day to day lives. How did they ever make it through deployments without everyone’s pity?

Oh and Diet is diet. I want to lose 15 pounds regardless if he was here or not. What good would stuffing my pissed off feelings full of crap food do?

Food:

1030- 2.5 pork chops
mixed fruit

230- 3 hamburgers(no bunz)
baby carrots

6pm- steak

-need more veggies…need to get to the store tomorrow!!

Betty, I like the way you think. Sending my best safe-husband-in-war-zone karma.

“hearts and minds are points of aim.”
“better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.”
-jason pegg (or someone else. its what he autographed his magazines with.)

you’re damn right he has a job to do. he’s been trained, and well. he’s doing this so that you, and your children, and every whiny bitch on FB, and every anti-government hippie, every welfare sucking cunt can sleep safely at night. Never knowing what its like to have the streets of your hometown occupied by soldiers of another country, never knowing what mortars on the neighbors house sounds like. He’s doing it so that someone else doesn’t have to.

your job is to be proud of him, and show that in everything you do.

Thanks Kim…

Damn straight CB! Thanks for saying what I was really thinking.

On a entirely different note, my tummy is not loving the hamburger I had.

I think Obama has already said his piece to the troops out in FT Bliss, but I think the word is that they can’t leave until he does. Waiting on one more phone call. He gets his cell phone turned off tomorrow, boo.