Finibar Replacement?

I was informed by customer service that Finibars will be out of stock for 6-8 weeks while they improve the product. Any advice for a replacement for the Finibars in my peri nutrition? This is what it usually looks like:

Workout - 60 = Alpha-GPC
W - 40 = 1 FINiBAR
W - 30 = 2 scoops Surge Workout Fuel
During workout (early half) = 1 scoop Surge Workout Fuel
During workout (later half) = 1 scoop Surge Recovery
W + 15 = 1 scoop Surge Recovery, 1 scoop Grow! Whey
W + 90 = Grow! Whey 2 scoops

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!

I am surprised they would not have the new rendition done so the bars wouldn’t be out of stock for that long. Considering they seem to be a highly demanded product.

Maybe another scoop of SWF at the -30 mark? If you like solid food, that probably wouldn’t provide satiety though.

I am missing the Finibars too.

[quote]Pitbull78 wrote:
Any advice for a replacement for the Finibars in my peri nutrition?[/quote]
I believe one scoop of Surge Workout Fuel has been recommended as a sub for Finibars in the past. So, yeah, I’d just make that a 3 scoop serving 30-ish minutes pre-WO.

cup of oats, 1-2 tbsp of almond/peanut butter, and a scoop of protein powder.

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]Pitbull78 wrote:
I believe one scoop of Surge Workout Fuel has been recommended as a sub for Finibars in the past. So, yeah, I’d just make that a 3 scoop serving 30-ish minutes pre-WO.[/quote]

Chris, Can you give me some guidance here. I’m currently using the Finibars 60 mins pre-wo, then using Anaconda during. I’m down to my last few Finibars and plan on getting the Surge WO Fuel until Finibars re-emerge. Timing-wise, when would I drink the Surge WOF in relation to beginning the Anaconda? Thanks much.

[quote]wswnsc wrote:

[quote]Pitbull78 wrote:
I believe one scoop of Surge Workout Fuel has been recommended as a sub for Finibars in the past. So, yeah, I’d just make that a 3 scoop serving 30-ish minutes pre-WO.[/quote]

Chris, Can you give me some guidance here. I’m currently using the Finibars 60 mins pre-wo, then using Anaconda during. I’m down to my last few Finibars and plan on getting the Surge WO Fuel until Finibars re-emerge. Timing-wise, when would I drink the Surge WOF in relation to beginning the Anaconda? Thanks much. [/quote]

I would say at least 40min, the reasoning behind having the Finibars 60min or so out from the Anaconda was so that it wouldn’t affect the absorption of the Anaconda. They have basically concluded that you want to have as empty of a stomach as possible before taking Anaconda, which is why CT often recommends not starting peri-nutrition for at least 2-3 hours after your last meal, 3hours being preferred.

But things like Finibars and SWF change this as they are absorbed quicker and easier on the stomach. But i think 40min for 1scoop would be a good start, you may just have to play with the timing from there. Just be sure not to mix SWF with Anaconda, which i’m sure you already know.

[quote]Eazy wrote:

[quote]wswnsc wrote:

[quote]Pitbull78 wrote:

Chris, Can you give me some guidance here. I’m currently using the Finibars 60 mins pre-wo, then using Anaconda during. I’m down to my last few Finibars and plan on getting the Surge WO Fuel until Finibars re-emerge. Timing-wise, when would I drink the Surge WOF in relation to beginning the Anaconda? Thanks much. [/quote]

I would say at least 40min, the reasoning behind having the Finibars 60min or so out from the Anaconda was so that it wouldn’t affect the absorption of the Anaconda. They have basically concluded that you want to have as empty of a stomach as possible before taking Anaconda, which is why CT often recommends not starting peri-nutrition for at least 2-3 hours after your last meal, 3hours being preferred.

But things like Finibars and SWF change this as they are absorbed quicker and easier on the stomach. But i think 40min for 1scoop would be a good start, you may just have to play with the timing from there. Just be sure not to mix SWF with Anaconda, which i’m sure you already know.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info. The timing of the Finibars and Anaconda I’m using now works well, just wasn’t sure how to adjust timing for the Surge WOF. I didn’t think it’d be good to mix them and I’d read that before (probably one of your posts actually). Thanks again.

[quote]wswnsc wrote:
I’m currently using the Finibars 60 mins pre-wo, then using Anaconda during. I’m down to my last few Finibars and plan on getting the Surge WO Fuel until Finibars re-emerge. Timing-wise, when would I drink the Surge WOF in relation to beginning the Anaconda? Thanks much. [/quote]
I’d go 30-45 minutes, depending (just a little) on when and what your last pre-workout solid meal was - if it’s higher calorie or higher fat, you might push it towards the longer side. The Finibars would an hour or so out because even though they’re designed to digest easily, they’re still solid and the liquid SWF shake will be even faster.

It used to be fine to have the Anaconda and Surge Workout Fuel together either before or during training, but as you’ve read, that’s not advised with the current, newer Anaconda.

[quote]wswnsc wrote:
I’m currently using the Finibars 60 mins pre-wo, then using Anaconda during. I’m down to my last few Finibars and plan on getting the Surge WO Fuel until Finibars re-emerge. Timing-wise, when would I drink the Surge WOF in relation to beginning the Anaconda? Thanks much. [/quote]
I’d go 30-45 minutes, depending (just a little) on when and what your last pre-workout solid meal was - if it’s higher calorie or higher fat, you might push it towards the longer side. The Finibars would an hour or so out because even though they’re designed to digest easily, they’re still solid and the liquid SWF shake will be even faster.

It used to be fine to have the Anaconda and Surge Workout Fuel together either before or during training, but as you’ve read, that’s not advised with the current, newer Anaconda.[/quote]

Great - that helps alot. Thanks for the info.

I assume that is why the regular Metabolic Drive protein bars are out of stock as well. These are my staple while busy and on the go. Not looking forward to 2 months of substitute bars!

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
cup of oats, 1-2 tbsp of almond/peanut butter, and a scoop of protein powder.[/quote]

best reply so far imo

And also exactly what JM does lol :slight_smile:

If you add 1scoop protein to that you get about the equivalent of 2 FINiBARs

If you want what equals 1 FINiBAR do

1/2 cup oat, 1tbps nut, 1scoop protein

ANdy’s trying to make you gain fat!!! :frowning:

[quote]zraw wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
cup of oats, 1-2 tbsp of almond/peanut butter, and a scoop of protein powder.[/quote]

best reply so far imo

ANdy’s trying to make you gain fat!!! :([/quote]

He was also doing a s-load of MAG-10 throughout his workout though as well if i recall. I believe he also liked using Ezekiel break w/nut butter in place of oats on occasions. However, its hard to replace a Finibar when it comes to taste and make up but i do agree that if going the whole food approach this is probably the universal truth on what to do.

Of course some of us don’t get the pleasure to dab into the PLAZMA realm either like some :wink:

[quote]Eazy wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

best reply so far imo

ANdy’s trying to make you gain fat!!! :([/quote]

He was also doing a s-load of MAG-10 throughout his workout though as well if i recall. I believe he also liked using Ezekiel break w/nut butter in place of oats on occasions. However, its hard to replace a Finibar when it comes to taste and make up but i do agree that if going the whole food approach this is probably the universal truth on what to do.

Of course some of us don’t get the pleasure to dab into the PLAZMA realm either like some :wink:

[/quote]

He was doing Anaconda + Plazma, something like 2 scoops Anaconda 2 scoops plazma but SOMETHING TELLS ME that you wouldnt need Anaconda if you had plazma and could just use 2-3scoops to get what you need carbs/protein wise

This is all speculations though ;(

[quote]lothos wrote:
I assume that is why the regular Metabolic Drive protein bars are out of stock as well. These are my staple while busy and on the go. Not looking forward to 2 months of substitute bars![/quote]

MD Bars are out for the same 6-8 weeks.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

yup, or maybe a banana instead of oats

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

yup, or maybe a banana instead of oats[/quote]

I’ve done a half or whole banana and scoop of whey. Both are light and doesn’t really make you feel bloated.

The bad part of waiting for the bars to come back in is that there are so many other bars that are full of sugar alcohols and crap.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

I’ve seen a number of people reference oats. What type/ brand are you using in something like this? I’ve never tried this and was curious.

Thanks

[quote]wswnsc wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

I’ve seen a number of people reference oats. What type/ brand are you using in something like this? I’ve never tried this and was curious.

Thanks [/quote]
I get mine at Trader Joe’s. It’s a blue bag, dairy/gluten/everything-free or some shit lol.

[quote]wswnsc wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

Thanks [/quote]

You can also use those same ingredients to make these Lab Rabbit Cookies that Dr. Lowery/Chris Shugart came up with that’s within this article… Six Things You Need to Know About Protein