Finger Length, Test & SAT Scores

[quote]Malevolence wrote:
homosexual males had roughly equal index and ring finger lengths[/quote]

Mine are exactly equal and I’m not gay. Got this trait from my parents.

So much for this theory.

This study is probably about as relevant as the one that showed that left handed people live 5 years less than right handed people.

An anthropologist friend of mine was telling me about a study that demonstrated strong correlation between these two finger lengths and homosexuality in males. Something like, almost unanimously across the board, homosexual males had roughly equal index and ring finger lengths.
[/quote]

I’m almost equal length. I’m not gay, but my girlfriend is.

[quote]unbending wrote:
Malevolence wrote:
homosexual males had roughly equal index and ring finger lengths

So much for this theory.[/quote]

You do understand what correlation means right. No one said that that is the way it is, simply that there has been correlation, in this case, substantial correlation, that does not prove anything, nor does it attempt to.

unbending wrote:
Malevolence wrote:
homosexual males had roughly equal index and ring finger lengths

So much for this theory.

You do understand what correlation means right. No one said that that is the way it is, simply that there has been correlation, in this case, substantial correlation, that does not prove anything, nor does it attempt to.
[/quote]

In a similar vein, was I the only one who found a little irony in this thread’s second post?

My ring is longer than my index and I was V760, M790, so I guess it holds, but that being said, I am pretty sure that Math scores are higher than verbal, so perhaps we need to be examining the percentile scores and how it relates to the relationship between finger lengths.

Haven’t seen the original study, but if finger length ratio is a predictor of the amount of testosterone you have in your body, and men tend to score higher on math, then the prediction they are making doesn’t really exist, or is irrelevant; it would be like saying the taller you are, the more likely you are to be bald; they are connecting to perhaps unconnected coincidents of being male.

BUT, if there is a correlation in so far as men with less testosterone score higher on verbal and women with more higher on math, that relationship is sort of interesting I suppose