T Nation

Finger Lakes, NY

I’m going to be taking my girlfriend on a weekend getaway to the Finger Lakes region of NY, and for some reason have decided to call on the off-topic section of T-Nation rather than an established travel website for advice.

I’ve never been but hear it’s really nice in the fall. We’re looking for coloured leaves, candles that smell like cinnamon, wine tours, bucolic charm, freshly-churned butter, maybe some Amish people on loan from Pennsylvania, etc etc.

Any recommendations on specific lakes to visit, places to stay or eat, etc? Thanks in advance

No, but remember to wrap it before you tap it .

I went to school out in Alfred, NY, and dated a girl who grew up in Geneva, NY. They were right on Seneca Lake, and it was nice out there. I don’t have much in the way of suggestions for you, but fall is a really beautiful time, and there should be plenty of vineyards etc. for you to check out. Have fun!

Well I just stayed at Honeoye Lake this past march and it was nice…we actually didn’t do much there though…traveled to some of the other ones for the wine tours like Canandaigua…I would just figure out what you want to do and try and book a place close to those activities…it will save you some time, cause for me, I spent a lot of time driving around…our group figured we’d just play it by ear…that’s your call, but I wouldn’t recommend it. But other than that…it was a nice place to visit. Also be careful on those wine tours…after about 3 places…it starts kickin in…especially if you gotta drive around.

I don’t know about NY but the leaves haven’t really started to change here and we are about the latitude. Fall is definitely in the air though.

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
I’m going to be taking my girlfriend on a weekend getaway to the Finger Lakes region of NY, and for some reason have decided to call on the off-topic section of T-Nation rather than an established travel website for advice.

I’ve never been but hear it’s really nice in the fall. We’re looking for coloured leaves, candles that smell like cinnamon, wine tours, bucolic charm, freshly-churned butter, maybe some Amish people on loan from Pennsylvania, etc etc.

Any recommendations on specific lakes to visit, places to stay or eat, etc? Thanks in advance[/quote]

I grew up in CNY and loved that area. My personal favorite was Seneca Lake. Be sure to hit Anthony Road vinyards if you go. My only advice is don’t overlook the small hole in the wall vinyards. They’re the one’s that make the experience so great. Have fun!

Girlfriend? So there was actually a woman who reacted favorably to, “Tonight… you.”

Better book your reservations now. Going to be hard to find a hotel room on the wine trolley this time of year if you wait much longer.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
Girlfriend? So there was actually a woman who reacted favorably to, “Tonight… you.”[/quote]

Nah I saw her sunbathing, asked her if she was “bastin’ that turkey today” and then insisted that I take the temperature, “to see if the meat’s just right”.

This completely won her over.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
Girlfriend? So there was actually a woman who reacted favorably to, “Tonight… you.”[/quote]

Nah I saw her sunbathing, asked her if she was “bastin’ that turkey today” and then insisted that I take the temperature, “to see if the meat’s just right”.

This completely won her over.[/quote]

Very smooth bro. I’m taking notes.

Thanks for the advice everyone, just booked a place in Watkins Glen on Lake Seneca

Thanks for the advice everyone, just booked a place in Watkins Glen on Lake Seneca[/quote]

Nice. I’ve been camping at Watkins Glen, there’s a really nice hike in town.

[quote]XanderBuilt wrote:

lol…wish I knew that before I went

^^ Came here to post the above video…damn you