Finding Grass-Fed Beef

This is my first post. I know most people have a tough time finding grass-fed beef (organic does not guarantee that it is grass-fed.) I did some searching on the internet last night for about an hour trying to find the best deal on grass-fed beef. This is the best deal I found and just thought I’d be nice and let others know about it. Link: http://www.foxfirefarms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=32

Keep in mind shipping is expensive. What I personally got, however, was 32 servings of meat for about $50 with shipping; so, I thought that was a pretty good deal. If you’d like to know some of the other online distributors I found just let me know.

Oh shit, here we go again… more propaganda :>

Fuck not this thread again.

Is it that bad? Seems to me those are products that are of interest for members of this site and they do not compete with Biotest’s stuff.

While it is bad form to advertise on another website it is up to Biotest to delete it.

Or at least demand a banner/link on theoir site or whatever else.

[quote]orion wrote:
Is it that bad? Seems to me those are products that are of interest for members of this site and they do not compete with Biotests stuff.

While it is bad form to advertise on another website it is up to Biotest to delete it.

[/quote]

I don’t think it is a matter of form. The grass fed beef thing has been done so many times, I have Carpel Tunnel from trying to warn people.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
orion wrote:
Is it that bad? Seems to me those are products that are of interest for members of this site and they do not compete with Biotests stuff.

I don’t think it is a matter of form. The grass fed beef thing has been done so many times, I have Carpel Tunnel from trying to warn people. [/quote]

Much nobler than where I get my wrist issues from.

I thought we had finally gotten over that last thread, and here we go with this.

I try to eat organic and as natural as possible. So that really is my only reason for wanting to go with grass-fed beef. I really believe you are what you eat, and so choose not to eat sick cows injected with steroids/hormones/antibiotics, fed corn and scraps of other dead cows, and raised shoulder-to-shoulder in mud pits. So I’m just posting that link for others who are in the same mindset as me. If you’re not that’s fine.

Please do not continue this thread. Do a search for “do you eat grass fed beef”

its a very recent and lengthy thread with all sides of the arguement presented.

[quote]Pisa_power wrote:
I try to eat organic and as natural as possible. So that really is my only reason for wanting to go with grass-fed beef. I really believe you are what you eat, and so choose not to eat sick cows injected with steroids/hormones/antibiotics, fed corn and scraps of other dead cows, and raised shoulder-to-shoulder in mud pits. So I’m just posting that link for others who are in the same mindset as me. If you’re not that’s fine.

[/quote]

I’m with you there brother. But, every time it comes up around here it leads to a pissing contest of unimaginable magnitude.

Basically, rainjack will make the (valid) point that you don’t really know what you are getting when you order grass-fed beef online. And then someone brings up “The Omnivore’s Dilemma” and rainjack gets pissed and starts accusing everyone of spreading tree-hugging hippy propaganda, and says his intimate knowledge of the beef industry means his opinion is infallible (not really, but you get my drift).

And then I make a series of incredibly well thought-out and perfectly worded responses, only to have people nitpick about inconsequential bullshit. It’s just awful.

Basically, if you trust your source, by all means enjoy the healthful benefits of true grass-fed beef. But “caveat emptor” still applies, as always.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
Please do not continue this thread. Do a search for “do you eat grass fed beef”

its a very recent and lengthy thread with all sides of the arguement presented.[/quote]

QFT

What does QFT mean?

[quote]Pisa_power wrote:
This is the best deal I found and just thought I’d be nice and let others know about it. Link: http://www.foxfirefarms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=32

[/quote]

Always looking for cheaper sources, so thank you. On the other hand, you might, in the future, do a search first and add to an already existing thread.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
What does QFT mean?[/quote]

quoted for truth

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
GetSwole wrote:
What does QFT mean?

quoted for truth[/quote]

I never knew that.

that site is EXPENSIVE.

maybe i’m just blessed to live in the sticks…i get beef from a few different farms near me. 12 oz ny strips were $6. 8-10 oz flatirons were $4-5. i forget how much ground was but less than $4/lb.

the other threads about grass-fed boil down to the fact that it’s a term being used to market and jack prices. this is true. just because it says “grass-fed” doesn’t mean shit. the proof is always in the pudding. the beef in markets near me that says “grass-fed” is nowhere near as good as the stuff i buy from a good farm - grass-fed or not.

good meat is good meat period. there are also farms near me that advertise “grass-fed” but you go there an ask and they feed grain or their animals look like shit or the guy’s an asshole or whatever so you don’t go there.

personally i like the flavor of grass-fed and my favorite beef comes from a dairy farm that has swiss browns …they’re raised to milk not eat so the meat isn’t the most tender but damn if it doesn’t taste like it’s already been seasoned. seriously as soon it it hits the grill the whole smells a stew was cooking all day.

i get raw milk there too for 6 bucks a gallon. i was shocked on the other thread when i saw whole foods was getting $8 for 1.75ltr !