Finding Clothes That Fit!?

[quote]Irish Daza wrote:
Next do regular, tailored and slim fit shirts.[/quote]

Thank-you I’ll give them a try today :slight_smile:

[quote]JD4520 wrote:
wfifer wrote:
I find that the biggest concern is finding something that has broad shoulders and a narrow waist.

Taken out of context that sounds funny.
[/quote]

Hahahaha, good call. I love a woman in shoulder pads.

I don’t know what sorts of stores you have over there. If you’re trying to look professional just buy something decent and get it tailored. Most brands will tell you what sort of fit they have. Some things to look for are “tailored fit”, “fitted” or “athletic cut”. If you’re willing to spend a little money it’s not hard.

Im A fat ass but carrying around this weight doesnt mean I dont have any muscles lol… I need to buy like 2 sizes bigger than I need so my legs dont fall alseep from lack of circulation.

Trying finding size 16 shoes.

Look for athletic cut or slim fit shirts.

I asked this same question once long ago, and got the same types of responses. I was tired of wearing nice shirts that looked like a dress around my waist. At the time, I didn’t even know you could buy an athletic cut shirt off the shelves, so the few serious responses were very helpful. Most of the large department stores will have them, but not all. Around here, they are hard to find except in the large department stores of large cities.

[quote]tedro wrote:
Look for athletic cut or slim fit shirts.

I asked this same question once long ago, and got the same types of responses. I was tired of wearing nice shirts that looked like a dress around my waist. At the time, I didn’t even know you could buy an athletic cut shirt off the shelves, so the few serious responses were very helpful. Most of the large department stores will have them, but not all. Around here, they are hard to find except in the large department stores of large cities.[/quote]

Thank-you - I’ll have to have a look for those. I must admit I’ve never heard of athletic cut before so I hope they do them over here.

I’ve tried a couple of slim cut shirts but they seem to be still cut on a straight line just narrower all over so to get them that fit the chest you end up with arms hanging to the floor!

Wear short sleeves.

[quote]edn wrote:

Now is that now clear or do I have to reduce the syllable count?[/quote]

They understood. This has been brought up many, many times before.

But I’m a big animaniacs fan, so I’ll let this one slide… this time!

[quote]Christine wrote:
edn wrote:

Now is that now clear or do I have to reduce the syllable count?

But I’m a big animaniacs fan, so I’ll let this one slide… this time![/quote]

Really - interesting how the “answers” in manty cases bore absolutely no relationship to the question I was actually asking!?!?

NARF!!!

There USED to be athletic cuts available here in the states. No more. It’s probably the same in the UK. The textile companies must put their effort into the ahem “biggest” markets. These days that means FATTIES.

It’s unfortunate but you will have to have your clothes tailored if you want a really good fit for your body type. A good compromise is to have them altered, which you were probably going to have to do anyway when you buy a suit off the rack.

Start looking on-line too. If you find a well cut line, try out some shirts and then buy more if they fit you. It will cost a little more than the local cheapo store but the clothes are usually better quality.

If all else fails… get fat.

I understand this guys plight… I’m around the same height/weight as him, (5’11" at 188 lbs)

Some XL’s fit really well… others don’t fit at all (too baggy). Larges are usually way too tight around the chest, or just right but too tight around the arms.

OP, I suggest getting ANVIL X-L cotton shirts… they fit me the best.

To add another recommendation, X-L Fruit of the Loom Lofteez are great too… http://www.cheapestees.com/fruitoflooml1.html

[quote]edn wrote:
Christine wrote:
edn wrote:

Now is that now clear or do I have to reduce the syllable count?

But I’m a big animaniacs fan, so I’ll let this one slide… this time!

Really - interesting how the “answers” in manty cases bore absolutely no relationship to the question I was actually asking!?!?

NARF!!!
[/quote]

At your size, which is slightly smaller than me, clothes are readily available in the US.

If you need to buy a suit you need to get it tailored. Dress shirts too unless you want them really baggy.

No special stores or websites. You and I are not huge.

/thread

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Why are these threads NEVER started by people who REALLY have issues with clothes?

Every single one of them is started by some guy who can fit into a large or smaller.[/quote]

Well im one of those people who really has issues with clothes.T-shirts mostly. Sure i can fit into xxl,im no mass monster at 255 pounds but its my torso length that kills me.

Seems that lately all the shirts i look at are made without any length.I brought a 4xl the other day thinking it would be long enough but it was the same length as a 2xl? I made a complaint to out local sports store and the girl behind the counter said that she has noticed that shits are getting shorter and shorter. The only store i can go into that actually has long shirts is expensive.Costs me 50 bucks for 1 shirt.

So if any of u other lanky sumbitches can give me the heads up on any online stores with long shirts id appreciate it.Nothing worse when u reach up to scratch your head and your shirts rides half way up your back.

[quote]King of Kings wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Why are these threads NEVER started by people who REALLY have issues with clothes?

Every single one of them is started by some guy who can fit into a large or smaller.

Well im one of those people who really has issues with clothes.T-shirts mostly. Sure i can fit into xxl,im no mass monster at 255 pounds but its my torso length that kills me.

Seems that lately all the shirts i look at are made without any length.I brought a 4xl the other day thinking it would be long enough but it was the same length as a 2xl? I made a complaint to out local sports store and the girl behind the counter said that she has noticed that shits are getting shorter and shorter. The only store i can go into that actually has long shirts is expensive.Costs me 50 bucks for 1 shirt.

So if any of u other lanky sumbitches can give me the heads up on any online stores with long shirts id appreciate it.Nothing worse when u reach up to scratch your head and your shirts rides half way up your back.[/quote]

Under Armour shirts are long, especially the Loose Gear line. I know I sound like I work for the company, but I really like some of the stuff they come out with.

They don’t have shirts bigger than a XXL in most stores so I get it off line.