T Nation

Finding Balance

Dear Mr. Wendler/other cummunity members,
Balance is crucial for all things in life, as I’ve found, but for a while now, I have been striving to find balance in my training.
I’m a Greco-roman wrestler, and the sport requires a great deal of skill, and conditioning, but also a lot of strength. With this in mind, I have been trying to make sure that I dedicate enough time to strength work, conditioning (least, because intense practice and volume take care of it), mobility, but above all technique, but, I feel kind of lost.
Rather than try to invent the wheel, i’d rather ask someone who has worked with athletes, and has been an athlete himself, what he might think of this:

Day one:
Agile-8
Squat 5/3/1+FSL 3x5
W.Chins 5x3-5
Bench Press 5/3/1 + SSL 3x5

Day two:
Agile 8
Power Clean 5x3
Deadlift 5/3/1 + 3x5 FSL (double overhand)
Press 5/3/1 + 3x5 SSL

I just want to keep it simple, keep it strong, and carry on… I don’t need to squat 500 tomorrow, I just want to keep chipping away

Thanks for everything!

Do the Krypteia program - this what I have the wrestlers do. You get stronger, bigger and fits perfect with an in-season program.

I will check your forum! Thanks for your help! Above all, I just want to keep doing the right things, and enjoy my path. Stronger one step at the time…

Damn me for being European… can’t seem to be able to use paypal…