Finding a Strongman Tire

Id like to solicit some advice from people around here. My buddy and I were driving around today and passed by a tire shop that had no joke at least 20 worn down and used tractor tires laying around.

Well we went into the office and asked what the deal was being that they have to pay a recycling fee. The guy said no gave us his card and said maybe later. We hit up one more spot too and same deal. So what is the secret with getting these guys to let you take old tractor tires off their yards?

The thing is many of the tires you are needed can be recapped, so the are not Junk you may have to pay for one if your not lucky. All you can do is keep trying.

I would call large excavation companies etc that use LARGE implements dozers etc some of them may ahve some or know where they take them.

Best of luck,
Phill

maybe offer to pay the recyling fee?
Alot of the shops I asked wont get rid of the tires even if they are worn down if they are still useable.
They will resell them or let the farmers use them while new tires are ordered

I got 3 different sizes for FREE plus the guy delivered them.

TNT

Definatly look for heavy equipment tire suppliers, not necessarily tractor tires. Also call ahead first and ask if they have any tires you can have in the weight range you’re looking for. I also told them what I wanted it for ie strongman training. I wouldn’t offer to pay anything for them, it shouldn’t be that hard to find a useable tire.

got mine from a recycling plant for free.

I would Like to know just like Oso where in California one could find a strongman tire. I couldnt help but notice all of you guys that reponded to this are from Kansas or some countryboy state like that. Is there anyone out there in the beautiful state of California that knows how to get a strongman tire?

[quote]Rollerink wrote:
I would Like to know just like Oso where in California one could find a strongman tire. I couldnt help but notice all of you guys that reponded to this are from Kansas or some countryboy state like that. Is there anyone out there in the beautiful state of California that knows how to get a strongman tire?[/quote]

Been to Cali many a time and its not much more country here in north east Kansas then cali we even have indoor plumbin now and heat. :slight_smile:

Call cunstruction companies. If they dont have them they will know where they get there tires changed on big implements. your going to ned to find a tire that has had the side wall cut or something maiking it so it cant be recapped.

Best of luck.
Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
Rollerink wrote:
I would Like to know just like Oso where in California one could find a strongman tire. I couldnt help but notice all of you guys that reponded to this are from Kansas or some countryboy state like that. Is there anyone out there in the beautiful state of California that knows how to get a strongman tire?

Been to Cali many a time and its not much more country here in north east Kansas then cali we even have indoor plumbin now and heat. :slight_smile:

Call cunstruction companies. If they dont have them they will know where they get there tires changed on big implements. your going to ned to find a tire that has had the side wall cut or something maiking it so it cant be recapped.

Best of luck.
Phill

[/quote]

What Phil said where in CA? I am in CA and there are plenty of tractor tire shops around here.
Some of the owners dont care to help you. Just find the right shop and leave your number with them with what you need.

We got a 550lb. tire for free. The guy said he would give us all we wanted. We’re going to pick up a 700lb. one next.

I got one 800 lb tire and a 660 lb tire for free.

Use the phone book.

Does anyone happen to know the exact sizes of a strongman tire that weighs between 500-700lbsor heavier, so when I call to ask if a place has any tires to give away I wont sound like a total idiot?

23.5-25
-Will weigh between 550-650, and a hell of a lot more if it is an R version.