Does anyone on here use either a personal trainer/nutritionist? If so what guidelines would you recommend when selecting one? Any specific training? Thanks
As a trainer I would say look for the following:
- Degree in exercise related field (not a must, but definitely helps)
- Recognized cert (NSCA, ACSM, NASM, ACE, Cooper, etc)
- A proven track record of delivering results (testimonials)
- A personality that fits yours
- A heart of a teacher/coach (great trainers should educate you so that you can do this on your own, you don’t need a babysitter 3x a week, unless you have the disposable income that allows it)
just a few things above to look for in no particular order.
Sounds good, Thanks. Is there a web site that has a good list of trainers or some resource to search through?