T Nation

Finding a Prowler in the UK

I thought this might be more suited to the Conditioning section but after a short time browsing through box jumps and lateral plyos I wanted to come back to you hard bastards. Anyways, I have been looking to get a Prowler from EliteFTS; the econo is $269, i didn’t think it was bad until I saw the shipping cost… $471!!!

So I’m stuck to finding a Prowler in the UK. Any guys from the UK know of sites that sell them. The only one I’ve found so far is Watson’s and it costs £400 + shipping. Thanks guys.

Yea, EliteFTS has terrible shipping rates. I would suggest you look into building one, I don’t know if it’s the “same” but it’s definitely a lot cheaper, you could probably do it all for £100 (with wood). A welder would probably build you one too, but I have no idea how much that would cost.

http://www.gymratz.co.uk/gymratz-growler-pushing-sled - still £400 and I couldnt find a shipping cost… I didnt look too hard to be honest.

I’m going to ask someone at work how hard it would be to make one, and see if I can get a costing on it. Beyond that i’m going to start pushing my car up and down the road.

Contact Jason at www.atlasstones.co.uk he is a stand up guy well known and respected within the strongman community. He makes all his own stuff. His push/pull sled is £130 plus freight or you can collect from Leicestershire.

Im too good to you,

£180 in manchester, being sold on ebay by the fabricator
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/strength-sled-push-and-pull_W0QQitemZ110494757197QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Strength_Training?hash=item19ba00314d

[quote]pf wrote:
Contact Jason at www.atlasstones.co.uk he is a stand up guy well known and respected within the strongman community. He makes all his own stuff. His push/pull sled is �£130 plus freight or you can collect from Leicestershire.[/quote]

I was going to buy one of those, but it looks like it doesn’t come with wheels. So, would be very hard to push or drag around. :slight_smile:

[quote]humanjhawkins wrote:

[quote]pf wrote:
Contact Jason at www.atlasstones.co.uk he is a stand up guy well known and respected within the strongman community. He makes all his own stuff. His push/pull sled is �?�£130 plus freight or you can collect from Leicestershire.[/quote]

I was going to buy one of those, but it looks like it doesn’t come with wheels. So, would be very hard to push or drag around. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Its not meant to have wheels if it did it would be easy to push and pull lol

there is a perfectly good option at wolverson for 200, not sure on the shipping though - i think its about 30 notes…

good option imo

Stop whining…you guys have us beat at a 1.62:1 exchange rate on the GBP vs USD right now…even with shipping (in USD) your relative cost is probably still less than ours…Every time I come across the pond, I always leave feeling like my wallet just got gang raped by the green street hooligans!

edit

lol

to be fair the approx cost of $750 works out to about £470 on current exchange rates - still, if you can get it for £200, why not?

It is generally expensive here though!

at least we don’t slap a 22% VAT on top of it :slight_smile:

and before you chaps get your packet in a paddy, im just yankin your chain…the UK is the dogs bollocks…now lets enjoy our high tea and carry on with our day…

I heard that somewhere…

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
at least we don’t slap a 22% VAT on top of it :slight_smile:

and before you chaps get your packet in a paddy, im just yankin your chain…the UK is the dogs bollocks…now lets enjoy our high tea and carry on with our day…

I heard that somewhere…[/quote]

The VAT gets slapped on once it goes through customs, but yeah, its cheaper from USA

Not cheap but their equipment is practically bomb-proof.

lol Pullum must be the most expensive training website I’ve ever seen!

http://www.prowleruk.com/index-8.html

Sell a model that looks EXACTLY like the Elite FTS model for £000

www.strengthshop.co.uk/deluxe-push-pull-sled-prowler.html

^ These guys are great… bought quite a bit from them. The last page linked looks really good too… no idea how they aren’t violating copyright though lol.

http://www.prowleruk.com/index-8.html
Looks good @ ~£300, I think you can arrange collection if your near. Whereabouts in England are you, my local gym ( The Muscle Factory Lancaster) has one (looks like this model but not sure) they do cheaper ones too.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
Stop whining…you guys have us beat at a 1.62:1 exchange rate on the GBP vs USD right now…even with shipping (in USD) your relative cost is probably still less than ours…Every time I come across the pond, I always leave feeling like my wallet just got gang raped by the green street hooligans!

edit[/quote]
Then add import duty then 20% tax.
Ha ha too late

got a copy off some random bloke on Ebay for £120 inc shipping, but he bumped the price up to £250 when people started buying them

Currently going on StrengthShop for £130 - plus £30 shipping.

That’s not bad. I use a friend’s regularly and they do the job.

strengthshop.co.uk/weekly-specials/deluxe-push-pull-sled-prowler.html

This is a weekly special so won’t be on much longer.