Finasteride Inhibiting Gains?

Finasteride (Propecia) is obviously used to prevent hair loss due to its ability to inhibit the enzyme that converts testosterone to DHT. My question is, if you use it from day one of your cycle as a preventative measure, how much will it impact your gains?

If it inhibits the potency of your cycle by a significant amount, would it still be effective if only used immediately when hair loss begins? This seems tantamount to having Nolva on hand for immediate use during the cycle if Gyno arises.

With most steroids there is no effect on gains because metabolism by 5alpha-reductase is not relevant to them, either because of not occurring or if occurring, not potentiating (increasing the potency of) the compound.

As to effecting testosterone if the testosterone is taken at substantial dosage, I doubt there’s an adverse effect on gains as DHT is not an effective skeletal muscle anabolic anyway: the potentiation is in reference to other tissues not muscle, on account of so much DHT in muscle tissue being converted to androstanediol (not androstenediol) which is not an effective anabolic. But whether there is a subtle effect or not I cannot say from either experience or reports of others doing direct back-to-back comparisons.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
With most steroids there is no effect on gains because metabolism by 5alpha-reductase is not relevant to them, either because of not occurring or if occurring, not potentiating (increasing the potency of) the compound.

As to effecting testosterone if the testosterone is taken at substantial dosage, I doubt there’s an adverse effect on gains as DHT is not an effective skeletal muscle anabolic anyway: the potentiation is in reference to other tissues not muscle, on account of so much DHT in muscle tissue being converted to androstanediol (not androstenediol) which is not an effective anabolic. But whether there is a subtle effect or not I cannot say from either experience or reports of others doing direct back-to-back comparisons. [/quote]

Thanks!

I was wondering about this also after I learned that DHT lowers SHBG. Are you sure this wouldn’t have an effect?

[quote]Sifu wrote:
I was wondering about this also after I learned that DHT lowers SHBG. Are you sure this wouldn’t have an effect?[/quote]

Any update on this?