Finasteride Induced Hypogonadism

I am 22 years old , 170 lbs 6’1 always fit and healthy . Testosterone was 816 ng/dl (dermatologist tested prior to prescribing Propecia) before this nightmare happened , unfortunately don’t have E2 or DHT .
I am suffering from hypogonadism induced by finasteride , I only took 5 pills and a week after quitting all hell broke loose dry skin , shrunken testicles and penis , numb penis . I went to an endocrinologist a month later and he priscribed me clomid 50 MG every day , after 3 days my testicles came back full size , so did my skin Oiliness , my muscles and flaccid penis size and every side effect reversed .

I couldn’t take more than 10 days of Clomid even 12.5 every other day ( panic attacks , unstoppable crying …) testicles shrunk within 5 days of quitting , fast forward 4 months later testosterone came back 377 ng/dl and I was feeling worse than even . I tried Nolvadex 40/40/20/20 at the end Test came back at 739 ng/dl but testes did not came back in size and 4 weeks later test came back 392 ng/dl .

Is there a way to fix this with Nolva only ( long term then tapper) , I am willing to do a long term plan but can’t take Clomid even 1 MG . Please help me I want to do whatever it takes to restore rather than go on TRT at 22 . I am suffering from brain fog , insomnia , numb penis , shrunken testes muscle ,strength loss and lethargy all the time . I am still in shock and disbelief that this happened my life is almost over at 22 . I was sharp , strong , driven and successful at work and school . Please help .

1 Like

there is propecia help forum and also solffps forum (not part of T Nation) - google them
spoiler alert: they havent found a cure :frowning:

I am also suffering the same things as a result of propecia

There is hope, I was discussing this with another member and he found a post where someone had the exact same issue. Finasteride related hormone issues. Anyway, he exercises, ate healthy and ate specific supplements and cured himself, it took a few years. There are propecia help boards out there. Worth a try before doing TRT for life.

this is the website of the guy who cured himself and many are following

not sure if TRT will help due to the high anti-testosterone elements

anyway, from next week I am going to start taking Cabergoline (to reduce Prolactin), anastrozole (to lower e2), and danazol ( to reduce SHBG)

how did you obtain the danazol, you can PM me

I haven’t got that. Only AI

Link to the site of the guy with the cure?

There are no PM’s here.

Is there a warning on the drug? Someone should sue for damages and lifetime TRT costs.

We have not seen these problems getting fixed. The HPTA restart sticky has material of interest.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • HPTA restart <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

“”"
The drug-
related adverse reactions, reported in

1% in patients
treated with PROSCAR and greater than in patients treated with
placebo over a 4-year study are:
impotence, decreased libido, decreased volume of ejaculate, breast enlargement, breast tenderness
and rash (6.1).“”"

Secondary hypo not referenced as a risk.

Do read section 6.1

there is a class lawsuit being prepared against the original makers of Finnastride lawsuit

that website is totalmaleoptimization regarding how a guy managed to fix his issue after being shutdown by taking Finna.

Anyway, I am going down the chemical path … can’t wait 2-3 years for this to clear out naturally.

Also, did some last blood tests before going on chemicals → the main issue is the elevated SHBG - there is no direct cure for this.

started taking anastrozole, and Proviron in hope to manipulate my E2 → will give it two weeks and then test my basic hormones again and Thyroids (to see if the Iodral x 62.5mg + 400mcg Selenium has helped); Failing all that, going to go on a cycle and then do the HPTA restart

E2 is 27 (converted from 100 pmol/L) - so that is great!! how to lower this SHBG?!?!

P.s> I have always had that low WBC → had many extensive tests done for it and it was put down to ‘cultural differences’ (over the last 10-12 years)

My high Total Testosterone (while within range) is actually a worry. If I look back in my 20s (I am 40 now) → my TT was actually lower, much lower. So this means my body is trying to create higher Testosterone but it is being wasted due to the high SHBG… am I right in thinking this?

could it all be due to simply not getting enough sun - I am indoors 99.9% of the daylight hours.

Ok so I took 62.5 mg iodral (3,2x12.5mg) + 400mcg (2x1x200mcg) selenium. 2 weeks later, It made absolutely no difference. So I am going to start on low dose t4 and t3 - any tips?

These are my results before taking Iodral → I am not very happy with them ofcourse - they are on the very low end. Blood was drawn at the same time as the results few posts above.

Looks like secondary HypoT

any tips?

Couple of options based on what you have above on the thyroid deal. It doesn’t look like you’re getting enough of a “push” via thyroid stimulating hormone to make T4. You will need T4 to convert to T3, which is the more active thyroid hormone in the body.

@KSMan may have some better thoughts, but if your T3 is trailing because you are in the lower end of the T4 range, upping T4 through Synthroid may be the least disruptive. If you dont get the results with Synthroid (T4 only), you can use Amour or Naturethroid (T4 + T3), or go straight to T3 (Cytomel, or better yet, use a compounding pharmacy).

The major drawback of using T3 only is the shorter half-life and need to either have the prescription made up custom through a compounding pharmacy or the need to take multiple doses per day.

Synthroid is a once a day deal so it is easier to manage.

thanks! exactly what I was thinking. However, I have used T4 before and felt horrible on it. Have heard better results with Amour, etc. Yes so I think I will go with some combo of t4 + t3

I have a lot of sust 250 sitting around … but I will hold back on taking that as Test is not the issue, the main issues are:

• low TSH
  • low T4
  • lowish T3
  • high E2
  • high SHBG
  • high prolactin
    (all within lab ranges, but out of functional ranges, and I am symptomatic)

It will all have to be out of my pocket as these $1000 blood tests will end up costing me as NHS are not prepared to play ball at all.

So next week I will check all my Test/E2/SHBG/Prolactin to see if taking Aromasin + Proviron (both from UG Lab) has helped. Also, will do a pre and post 10IU HGH test to see my GH levels + if my HGH is bunk or not; and will also test for IGF to see my pituitary functioning (after I have cut out protein shakes for a few days) … and 4xsaliva Cortisol test - then it will be full force fwd with chems

@anon10035199 - I found a reliable source for danazol but too bad we can’t PM

oh wow bobfin! I am so sorry, just realised I hijacked your thread :scream::persevere::confused:

I thought I was writing in my own thread

instagram?

will try

Hi everyone. What is the update on this post? Are you all 100% better?

Yes definitely in for updates too. @njay22 @bobfinin How are you both doing?