Finally

It is about goddamn time that the pentagon sacked up and cancelled the F-22 and the Future Combat System. Gates has made a bold move to break the pentagon away from still fighting the russians in the fulda gap. I need small airbone sensors, cultural training, and a common software and communications sytem that will allow me to tap into national level intelligence capabilities at the small unit level. I don’t need a billion dollar piece of crap, built by the lowest bidder, flying around to drop bombs for me. An F-15 will do just fine.

Oh yeah, lightweight body armor and good boots would be awesome. Maybe we can break off a million dollars and invest in that. Thats all I want, a million freakin dollars worth of boots.

Edit: Moving these comments to the topic that is already started on defense spending reprioritization.

[quote]BH6 wrote:
It is about goddamn time that the pentagon sacked up and cancelled the F-22 and the Future Combat System. Gates has made a bold move to break the pentagon away from still fighting the russians in the fulda gap. I need small airbone sensors, cultural training, and a common software and communications sytem that will allow me to tap into national level intelligence capabilities at the small unit level. I don’t need a billion dollar piece of crap, built by the lowest bidder, flying around to drop bombs for me. An F-15 will do just fine.
Oh yeah, lightweight body armor and good boots would be awesome. Maybe we can break off a million dollars and invest in that. Thats all I want, a million freakin dollars worth of boots. [/quote]

What stats should these boots have? I bet I could get an SBIR grant to compare current boots to more desirable ones…

[quote]BH6 wrote:
Oh yeah, lightweight body armor and good boots would be awesome. Maybe we can break off a million dollars and invest in that. Thats all I want, a million freakin dollars worth of boots. [/quote]

ahem
Spending Shift: F-22 On Chopping Board:
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/world_news_war/shift_in_pentagon_spendingf22_on_chopping_board

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
BH6 wrote:
Oh yeah, lightweight body armor and good boots would be awesome. Maybe we can break off a million dollars and invest in that. Thats all I want, a million freakin dollars worth of boots.

ahem
Spending Shift: F-22 On Chopping Board:
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/world_news_war/shift_in_pentagon_spendingf22_on_chopping_board

[/quote]

Yeah, roger that, lesson learned.
I’m moving comments to the appropriate thread.
Don’t post drunk kids.

Amen, we have a justifiably high defense budget. But we don’t need to be spending on stupid shit that has mariginal relation to safety. Especially not in these times.