T Nation

Finally Starting Bodybuilding

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:

[quote]spyguy92 wrote:
Theres no point in doing 6 exercises for one body part [/quote]

chest: a flatpress variation, a inclinepress variation, a flye variation.

delts: a vertical press, lateral raises and a movement for post-delts.

lats: a vertical pull, a horisontal pull to the hip and pullovers.

quads: a squat variation, a lunge variation and leg ext.

hams: legcurls and romanian-deads.

calves: standing and sitting calves raises.

upperback: deadlift/rackpulls and shrugs.

biceps: barbellcurl and hammercurl.

triceps: dips/close grip bench and a extension.

I cant see why you would need any more than this, but hey thats me.

[/quote]

Fail.

Though I wouldnt say you need to do 6 exercises for a body part, this setup is way off base.

Dont follow this.

OP, I wouldnt say make Arms a prerogative just yet. You say you’re arms are small, well if you also new to bodybuilding, im going to guess that the rest of you isnt that big either. Ofc thats not intended to be an insult, it’s just normally the situation. If you have to focus somewhere, Focus on your major muscle groups: Your LEGS (big hint there) and your back. If you want to do high volume, sure thats fine, some take that approach. Id probably suggest you implement volume through your Sets/Reps x weight, rather than doing 6+ exercises a muscle. Personally, as i advanced myself, i found that different muscles needed different things- The way i train biceps, Calves, and Hamstrings are all very different approaches. So if nothing else, i say dont limit yourself in how you approach this. Do what you need to do, but be wary of how it affects you, and work WITH your body[/quote]

My legs happen to be my best body part, and I do love training them, but I also found out that I can get my quads to grow from just squatting. My hamstrings take more work, but not too much.

Well, here are the pictures. Make of them what you will even with my horrible posing.

/

?

<

;

you are alot stronger than you look.

[quote]law8 wrote:
you are alot stronger than you look.[/quote]

I have gotten the same comments during wrestling. It is not something I like all that much, but oh well. At least I got some strength.

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:

[quote]spyguy92 wrote:
Theres no point in doing 6 exercises for one body part [/quote]

Because you said so?[/quote]

Yes.

[quote]ukrainian wrote:

[quote]law8 wrote:

I have gotten the same comments during wrestling. It is not something I like all that much, but oh well. At least I got some strength. [/quote]

In terms of strength training/sport specific. Were you doing lower reps?

I would think with your strength levels, switching to a bodybuilding split, eating excess food, you’ll pack on the size quick to match ur physique with ur strength levels.

[quote]RobRaynerBB wrote:

[quote]ukrainian wrote:

[quote]law8 wrote:

I have gotten the same comments during wrestling. It is not something I like all that much, but oh well. At least I got some strength. [/quote]

In terms of strength training/sport specific. Were you doing lower reps?

I would think with your strength levels, switching to a bodybuilding split, eating excess food, you’ll pack on the size quick to match ur physique with ur strength levels. [/quote]

They were mainly lower reps. Most of the time, it was 3-5 reps for the main working sets.

You have a good base. Good luck.

[quote]bugeishaAD wrote:
You have a good base. Good luck.[/quote]

Thank you.

Well, today was the first workout for week three. I decided to scrap the five day split after the first week and now do each body part twice a week.

My strength is finally starting to come back though, so I guess it is going pretty good. Now, I am on a three day split:
1- Legs and Shoulders
2- Chest and Back
3- Arms
4- Same as 1
5- Same as 2
6- Same as 3
7- Rest

Why lift 6 out of 7 days? Well, I have time right now, and my body can handle it for now, so why not?