T Nation

Finally Starting and Have a Weak Arm Issue

So I’ve finally made the plunge, but I’m having a horrible problem with my weaker arm (left) being FAR behind my right. Left will fail many reps before it’s counterpart is even feeling it.

Any suggestions?

More unilateral work. I’m seeing the same thing on my left arm, not good at all. Its only 1/4 give or take smaller but still no bueno. Give that arm a couple more reps past failure and hope for the best.

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
More unilateral work. I’m seeing the same thing on my left arm, not good at all. Its only 1/4 give or take smaller but still no bueno. Give that arm a couple more reps past failure and hope for the best. [/quote]

Count yourself lucky.
My left arm is nearly an inch smaller than my right.

You’re just starting?

My suggestion would be to completely ignore it. Work hard on a balanced training program and a focused diet. Don’t worry about minute details at this point.

The best way to fix imbalance is to not focus on either side but try to do unilateral work.

I too had issues with right sided imbalance when I started out and it has taken quite a while to work it down by building up my left side evenly, even still my right trap is bigger then my left to a visible degree.

Thanks for all of the advice!