left arm flexed - 13 in.
right arm flexed- 13 in.
chest- 37.25 in.
waist in above navel- 37 in.
waist at navel- 37.75 in.
waist in below navel- 38.25 in.
left thigh- 21.25 in.
right thigh- 21.25 in.

how often should I take measurements/weigh in?
Need all the tips I can get…workout ideas, etc.
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

What equipment do you have access to?
@Chris_Shugart

free weights, leg press machine, leg extension/curl machine, lat pulldown machine, squat rack, barbells/weights, bench

my workout up to this point has been, 3x week
3 sets of 15 lat pull downs, 3 sets of 15 shoulder press, 3 sets of 15 rows, 3 set of 15 chest press, 3 sets of 15 bicep curls, 3 sets of 15 tricep overhead extensions, either 3 sets of 15 weighted squats or leg press, 3 sets of 15 deadlifts, and then ab exercises (usually planks or crunches)
is this sufficient? or should I switch it up a little?
thanks

How tall are you?

Please take my suggestions with a grain of salt as I’m not @Chris_Shugart

I believe you should start switching up your rep scheme. Try increasing weight and reducing reps to be in the 8-12 rep range. In another thread, Chris mentioned doing full body 3x per week and I believe your training does that, but lacks variation… I don’t want to make specific suggestions because I don’t want to step on Chris’ toes.

Are you progressing with your weights?

No worries. Lots of ways to skin the cat in the fitness/lifting world. (And the cat hates all of them.)

3 Likes

Once per week. Be consistent: same scale, same clothes (or no clothes), in the morning, after going to the bathroom, before consuming anything, etc. Same with tape measurements.

I agree with @Andrewgen_Receptors. Go heavier for fewer reps. Lots of options, but generally speaking, I agree with Christian Thibaudeau that heavier training “signals” the body that it needs to keep the muscle during a fat loss phase. For the “cardio” portion, follow the guidelines in the “Power Walks and Activities” section.

1 Like

I’m 5’ 3”