T Nation

Finally Responding to Creatine

I felt ripped off.

Every single one of my lifting friends gained anywhere from 5-15 pounds on it. It was lauded as the biggest advance in natural bodybuilding supplementation ever. Everybody seemed to swear by the stuff…except me. Tub after tub of phosphagen to no avail. I tried the competing product of the company which cannot be named on this site…nothing either. I tried the liquids and even the horrible-tasting Creatine Ethyl-Ester…not a damned thing.

This was over 5 years ago.

A couple weeks ago, I’m in the supplement store, and I see a bottle of creapure on sale. Something like 2200 yen (20 bucks) for 500g. I figured it was so cheap that I should give it another shot.

Since then, I’ve been at 10-15 grams per day, and I think I’m finally responding to the stuff! Major lifts have gone up modestly but noticeably. Co-workers have remarked that I’m “filling out”.

It was a long time coming, and I can’t explain it physiologically, but I think I’m finally responding to creatine. To all of those who have given up on it for similar reasons, give it another go.

Good to hear - I think I’ll definitely be ordering in some creapure within the near future to keep strength up during cutting!

Have you recently lowered your caffeine intake?

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
Have you recently lowered your caffeine intake?[/quote]

Nope. If anything, I’ve increased it…

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
Have you recently lowered your caffeine intake?[/quote]

Nope. If anything, I’ve increased it…[/quote]

Interesting. Only because I’ve seen people say caffeine will make you a non-responder…

Well, good shit then.

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:

Since then, I’ve been at 10-15 grams per day, and I think I’m finally responding to the stuff! Major lifts have gone up modestly but noticeably. Co-workers have remarked that I’m “filling out”.

[/quote]

Sounds good, man.

Just wanted to ask, how have you been dosing it? Around your workout times only, or at other times during the day as well? Just curious.

[quote]OsakaNate wrote:

Sounds good, man.

Just wanted to ask, how have you been dosing it? Around your workout times only, or at other times during the day as well? Just curious.[/quote]

I don’t eat many carbs, so I try and take a 5g scoop whenever I do eat them, which is pre-workout, post-workout, and first thing in the morning. I also sometimes take a scoop right before bed.

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:

[quote]OsakaNate wrote:

Sounds good, man.

Just wanted to ask, how have you been dosing it? Around your workout times only, or at other times during the day as well? Just curious.[/quote]

I don’t eat many carbs, so I try and take a 5g scoop whenever I do eat them, which is pre-workout, post-workout, and first thing in the morning. I also sometimes take a scoop right before bed.[/quote]

Interesting. I understand the pre- and post-workout timing, but what is the logic behind the morning and evening doses?

[quote]OsakaNate wrote:

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:

[quote]OsakaNate wrote:

Sounds good, man.

Just wanted to ask, how have you been dosing it? Around your workout times only, or at other times during the day as well? Just curious.[/quote]

I don’t eat many carbs, so I try and take a 5g scoop whenever I do eat them, which is pre-workout, post-workout, and first thing in the morning. I also sometimes take a scoop right before bed.[/quote]

Interesting. I understand the pre- and post-workout timing, but what is the logic behind the morning and evening doses?[/quote]

Not sure if it’s the OPs logic as well, but creatine can easily be seen as a health supplement as well. No harm in doing extra doses since the cumulative amount is still only 20g.

[quote]OsakaNate wrote:

Interesting. I understand the pre- and post-workout timing, but what is the logic behind the morning and evening doses?[/quote]

My only logic is that it’s working for me! LOL

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:

[quote]OsakaNate wrote:

Interesting. I understand the pre- and post-workout timing, but what is the logic behind the morning and evening doses?[/quote]

My only logic is that it’s working for me! LOL[/quote]

Fair enough!

Just curious is all. Thanks for your responses.