Finally Over 1000 (Kinda)

I just want to know if Tiger got a call from Pete Carroll to go play at USC as a lineman in a few years.

I didn’t go to the strongest high school on the planet . . . in fact, it was a geek magnet school in Northern Virginia, but I was probably the third strongest guy there when I left. My numbers at the time:

Bench 275
Squat “535” (we never did squats using a good old fashioned barbell, it was the one that sort of hugs your neck. Made moving big numbers a lot easier)
Deadlift ?? Didn’t even know what it was

You guys have to remember high school. For bench… Taking the bar off the rack and bending your elbows slightly was a completed rep.
Squat… The same only a slight bend of the knees. It says a lot that the only lift you cant really cheat on (cleans) his numbers are dramatically lower.

As for bwells… Keep up the good work my man. Those are good numbers for a guy your size!

This is what “Tiger” wrote a few days earlier on another thread:

"I would consider myself a T-man. Im 14 5’7 , 230, I play baseball,basketball,football and weight lift for my school so I get to workout all the time 2-3 times a day
but here are my maxs

Bench - 225
Squat - 405
Power cling - 195
Dead lift - 415
Backpress - 200"

And this is what he wrote on this thread about his “stats:”

"…here are my 4 max’s

Squat. 455
Bench. 285
Deadlift 545
Clean. 225"

It appears that “working out 2-3 times per day” has really helped him improve his numbers in a few days.

:slight_smile:

You have to love the Internet.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
This is what “Tiger” wrote a few days earlier on another thread:

"I would consider myself a T-man. Im 14 5’7 , 230, I play baseball,basketball,football and weight lift for my school so I get to workout all the time 2-3 times a day
but here are my maxs

Bench - 225
Squat - 405
Power cling - 195
Dead lift - 415
Backpress - 200"

And this is what he wrote on this thread about his “stats:”

"…here are my 4 max’s

Squat. 455
Bench. 285
Deadlift 545
Clean. 225"

It appears that “working out 2-3 times per day” has really helped him improve his numbers in a few days.

:slight_smile:

You have to love the Internet.
[/quote]

I love the “power cling”. It is one of my favorite lifts! :wink:

Christopher

[quote]ZEB wrote:
conwict wrote:
wow, I see you also went from Dead lift - 415 to 545. that’s over a 25% gain on deadlift in a month. congratulations, you are the strongest 14 year old alive.

Those are his “Internet numbers.”[/quote]

Not to be a prick, but I was close to most of those (not the DL) at 14. I realize I’m really abnormal but…I’d call bullshit on this one too.

what’s a back press?

[quote]ah_dut wrote:
what’s a back press?[/quote]

It’s a lot like the power cling

I broke 1000 last year, it was very rewarding personally. I’ve been training for four years making small strides.

bench: 275
deadlift: 385
squat: 340

I don’t know how much I improved since a few months ago, I don’t use any powerlifting equipment or a belt or wraps or anything I just go to the gym and test myself. After the summer I’ll go for 1100.

Congratulations!

[quote]Tiger33 wrote:
well thats pretty good but how old are you, I broke 1200 last year now Im 14 bout to turn 15 and I just got over 1510 so I mean its just how your body develops muscle. I lift for my high school and I have to lift with 12 graders because the clases are separated by weight so I had to up my game ALOT to even consider doing a weight meet but now im fine. But here are my 4 max’s

Squat. 455
Bench. 285
Deadlift 545
Clean. 225
[/quote]

Internet lifting numbers, it really is a simple formula it looks something like this:

actualy weight lifted times 2 plus 50lbs= internet lift #'s

I just thought id let ya guys in on that one.

heh, I still laugh everytime I see that pic

you guys think those numbers are impossible for a high schooler? hah!
i know plenty of guys who can bench and deadlift and squat that much

oddly enough they cant do all at such good numbers.
but yeah–congrats.

[quote]bwells wrote:
Today I just got a total PR! I dont have a spotter so i use the Atlantis vert bench. I am not sure exactly how that correlates to the bench but from when I did the switch it seemed the closest of the machines at my gym.

Atlatnis Bench: 270lbs
Squat (parrallel): 355lbs
Sumo Deadlift: 415lbs
total = 1040lbs

I know its not that great and i had to use machines but I feel i have improved a lot from last years

bench: 205
squat: 225
deadlift:345

I owe it all to T-Nation and following periodaztion before i did 3 sets each to failure of various rep amounts.
[/quote]