Finally Informed Enough for First Cycle

After debating and researching more I have decided to start my first cycle in Feb. I would like some final thoughts on it and any input you all may have. I know I’ve posted simular threads several times before but felt I needed more time to get my body fat down and diet in check and learn more about all this period. I’m on HRT so no need for a PCT.

Goal:
Gain some weight and strength.

Information:
Height: 6?1?
Weight: 210
Special: I am on HRT and GHRH Therapy.
Diet: Presently 2600 calories a day. I eat clean all week but cheat on Saturdays and Sundays. This will change of course for the cycle.

Personal Information: Been lifting seriously this time around a little over a year. I?ve trained before but stopped for 3 years due to an illness and c-spine surgery. This is also my first cycle and if all goes well I will do another towards the end of the summer.

My long term goal is to try and gain some weight and do a serious cut starting April 1, 2009. I have never had a problem loosing weight so the plan will be to drop fat with the least amount of muscle loss. Since I am 50 I will only do about 3-4 cycles and then call it quits and concentrate on staying fit and healthy.

Diet
Same thing I do now but go to 3000-3500 calories day and no cheat days but 1 cheat meal a week. I will do 50% Protein, 30% Fat, and 20% Carbs diet.

Workout
5 X 5 Program 5 days a week 1 warm up set with 4 working sets. Saturday and Sunday rest.

Weeks 1-6
Testosterone Cypionate 200mg Saturdays and Wednesdays
Sermorelin 100 mcg Bedtime
GHRP-6 100 mcg Morning, Post Workout, and Bedtime
HCG 100 IU EOD
Arimidex .50 E3D
ByStolic 10 mg instead mg 5 if need be
Metformin 500mg once a day
All other Vitamins and Supplements

Weeks 7-8
Testosterone Cypionate 160mg Saturdays and Wednesdays
HCG 100 IU E3D
Arimidex .50 E3D

Weeks 9-10
Testosterone Cypionate 140mg Saturdays and Wednesdays
HCG 100 IU EOD
Arimidex .50 E3D

Weeks 11-12
Testosterone Cypionate 120mg Saturdays and Wednesdays
HCG 100 IU E3D
Arimidex .25 E3D
ByStolic 5 mg normal dose

Weeks 13-14
Testosterone Cypionate 80mg Saturdays and Wednesdays
HCG 100 IU Thursdays and Fridays
Arimidex .25E3D

Weeks Normal HRT doses except for the GHRH will continue this for a while
Testosterone Cypionate 120mg Saturdays
HCG 250 IU Thursdays and Fridays
Arimidex .50 E3D

Thanks for the input

hello - and welcome.

I am not familiar with a couple of drugs you have listed but i am most of them… i will bullet point as i am tired from work!

• 300mcg GHRP6 is quite a low dose i believe - only going from what i have read on other sites and DG’s thread (he will pipe up i am sure…)

• 400mg of cyp is a low dose for BB purposes… but good enough IMO. However that will only be run for 6 weeks before dropping the dose.
    In effect, you will drop the dose as soon as peak blood levels have built! I wouldnt say that is the best strategy my friend!

I understand at your age you may be weary of using high dose androgens/DHT but a frontload would make the best of the first 6 weeks… OR continue the 400mg dose throughout the second and third ‘phases’ too… till the 10th week… or 12th then go onto your TRT dose. (i assumed the idea was to taper off the drug? It is kinda academic at this point in your HPTA health isnt it?)

• Metformin dose looks fine… some use it like that with good results… some upto 1500mg/d… whatever works for you.

• Adex is fine IMO - whatever works :wink:

• I can only assume bistolic is a BP med?

• Can you delve a little intot the complex protocol for HCG? was it a typo? I believe that 100-150iu EOD will be fine for all times, no?

Good luck. Happy for you - Steroids are the holy grail for 50+ guys… and 25+ guys… and some females… :smiley:

Brook

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
I may have read your post wrong but it looks like you intend to do 400mg per week for wks 1-6 then 320/wk for the next 2 weeks, then 280 for 2 weeks, then 240, then 120.

Why would you want to do this?

BBB[/quote]
Thanks bushidobadboy
The only reason is to let my body adjust to the lower doses or should I say me get use to the lower doses. I am sure I will feel great on the high dose of T-CYP and do not want to crash.

[quote] Brook wrote:
hello - and welcome.

I am not familiar with a couple of drugs you have listed but i am most of them… i will bullet point as i am tired from work!

• 300mcg GHRP6 is quite a low dose i believe - only going from what i have read on other sites and DG’s thread (he will pipe up i am sure…)

• 400mg of cyp is a low dose for BB purposes… but good enough IMO. However that will only be run for 6 weeks before dropping the dose.
    In effect, you will drop the dose as soon as peak blood levels have built! I wouldnt say that is the best strategy my friend!

I understand at your age you may be weary of using high dose androgens/DHT but a frontload would make the best of the first 6 weeks… OR continue the 400mg dose throughout the second and third ‘phases’ too… till the 10th week… or 12th then go onto your TRT dose. (i assumed the idea was to taper off the drug? It is kinda academic at this point in your HPTA health isnt it?)

• Metformin dose looks fine… some use it like that with good results… some upto 1500mg/d… whatever works for you.

• Adex is fine IMO - whatever works :wink:

• I can only assume bistolic is a BP med?

• Can you delve a little intot the complex protocol for HCG? was it a typo? I believe that 100-150iu EOD will be fine for all times, no?

Good luck. Happy for you - Steroids are the holy grail for 50+ guys… and 25+ guys… and some females… :smiley:

Brook

[/quote]

Thanks Brook

I was thinking of going up to 10 weeks and your right I am concerned at my age. I take hcg 2 times a week the 2 days piror to me T_CYP shot. But that is a good idea to continue like that after the cycle and see how it works for me.

ByStolic is a BP med. I have slightly high BP. Started when I started HRT.

I take Metformin for pre diabetes.

The Sermorelin is a GHRH med something like cjc-1295. I take Sermorelin and GHRP-6 for anti aging purpsoes both at 100mcg before bed. I thought about taking the sermorelin 3 times a day but not sure this will be of great benefit along with the ghrp-6. Some vets on this would be very helpful to me.

I am wanting to start this the first of Feb. So I thought I would start now to get more ideas and make any changes before then. Also I research everything I put in my body as much as possible.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
That’s the beauty of cycling whilst on TRT; you don’t need to worry about PCT and there is no crash.

You may be slightly weaker on 200mg/wk Vs 400 but that’s about it.

With high BP and pre-diabetes, your suggested 400mg/wk is a good one I feel. Monitor your BP though.

You may wish to consider using a low carb diet (but not a no carb diet like atkins) or carb cycling whilst using your cycle, to try and improve your poor insulin sensitivity and make some lean gains with the added test.

BBB[/quote]

BBB
why not a no carb diet to improve sensitivity?

oh okay that makes sense. I inferred that you had a problem with zero carb in general… besides the stinky breathe and constipation lol

First glance your calories seems low. I would up them at least another 500 if not 1000. 3500 for 210 pounds will not get you great gains IMO. I am almost the same dimensions as you and my off cycle calories are over 3500.

I second Brook’s comment on GHRP6.

I believe it to work better at 600mcg/day no less…stacked with a GHRH like semorelin would make the 300mcg/day better, but I’d still bump the dose. Maybe 150-200mcg per shot instead.

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
if I were to run it again I might dabble with 1mg/day or so…

DG[/quote]

your pituitary just pissed itself

Thanks everyone a lot of good points to consider. I have a hard time getting 3000 calories of clean food down so will need to see how I can get 4000 or so down. That is probably the hardest part in all this is planning the diet.

I also have no problem upping the ghrp-6 since I like the way it makes me feel and have a shit load of it. The sermorelin a tads bit more costly so will have to check the money sistuation with the wife.

I would be aware of the metformin, there are 2 studies (albeit smaller ones) that indicate it can suppress TSH level, while the MOA is still unknown, I would make sure to get regular blood tests while “on”.

Also remember this as a pre-diabetic you are believed to have three times the normal rate of hepatic gluconeogenesis. While the Metformin will reduce this by up to 1/3, a very high protein diet, while lower on carbs, could lead to an to increased gluconeogenesis.

I would perhaps look into a compound such as trenbolone, which is believed to have increased nutrient absorption/partitioning so that you could make gains on less of a hypercaloric intake. I would also cut back the gh as BBB mentioned before me.

I have decided to do the following thanks to everyone

For this first cycle I will front load with 500mg and do ythe following

Week 1-8
T-CYP 250mg Saturdays and Wednesdays
GHRP-6 100 mcg Bedtime
HCG 100 IU EOD
Arimidex .50 E3D

Weeks 9-10
T-CYP 150mg Saturdays and Wednesdays
GHRP-6 100 mcg Bedtime
HCG 100 IU EOD
Arimidex .50 E4D

Back to normal HRT
T-CYP 120mg Saturdays
GHRP-6 100 mcg Bedtime
HCG 250 Thursdays and Fridays
Arimidex .50 Saturdays if my E2 seems fine
ByStolic 5 mg instead mg 5 if need be

Diet will be 3500 calories a day at a 50% protein, 30% fat, and 20% carbs. If this does not work then I will up my calories. I will also start a log and use this same thread as my log. Once again thanks

[quote]soontobeIFBB wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
That’s the beauty of cycling whilst on TRT; you don’t need to worry about PCT and there is no crash.

You may be slightly weaker on 200mg/wk Vs 400 but that’s about it.

With high BP and pre-diabetes, your suggested 400mg/wk is a good one I feel. Monitor your BP though.

You may wish to consider using a low carb diet (but not a no carb diet like atkins) or carb cycling whilst using your cycle, to try and improve your poor insulin sensitivity and make some lean gains with the added test.

BBB

BBB
why not a no carb diet to improve sensitivity?[/quote]

He will become hypo with metformin without carbs.