Finally Got My 500 lb Deadlift!

[quote]h0rsepwr wrote:
Thanks guys!! I really appreciate it. I told my wife, and she was like “OK, cool, what’s for dinner.” LOL

[/quote]

I know how that feels…my ol lady does that shit to me ALL THE TIME!! I called her out on it one day and she says " well your always telling me you did XXX# on _ lift so it’s kind of an all the time thingy"

I think chicks just assume ‘we’ can lift a shit load of weight naturally and have no idea of what it takes to do what we do. lol

Well done. At what body weight did you get it?

Grats man!

i managed to do a 417 raw 2 weeks back, a new PR for me. I cam home and told the missus and she just looked me like i was speakin hebrew or some shit… thank go for T-Nation!

Big milestone!

totally marvelous man!

That’s awesome man. Hard work really does get shit done. I’m hoping to be around the 500 mark @ 190lbs sometime this summer. Keep pulling hard and 600 will be on that bar before you know it.

great job.500 is one of those mildstones.Even if you stopped lifting.You have hit a level your average gym rat will never hit.Keep up the work and enjoy the gains.

Nice pulling! Nothing more gratifying than hitting a goal after a lot of hard work.

That is awesome! I remember the first official 500 dead felt great. keep up the good work!

[quote]h0rsepwr wrote:
After lots and lots and lots of work, I was finally able to do a clean (no hitching) 500 pound deadlift the other day! No belt, just a ton of chalk and a mind to get it done. I am more than excited that I finally got this. I will continue to work and see where I can be over the next few years.[/quote]

Congratulations! Join our deadlift race thread if you ever want some friendly comp. :slight_smile: